By sToRm1nG, Senior Member on 27th November 2013, 09:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st August 2014, 11:27 PM |#201  
Flag Paphos
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

you need stock recovery and untouched /system files and /data/preload files for the ota to install properly. In most cases you will not ba able to apply ota updates after unlocking the bootloader because the content of /data/preload get wiped.

btw you could try sunshine s-off, it should work now for the m7

so what can we do?
26th August 2014, 04:24 AM |#202  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsnoopy

Im super CID...which recovery should i use? please help....

I FOUND IT.....

IMPORTANT: SuperCID blocks OTA updates. So anytime you want to get OTA updates, you must change your CID number back to your original CID number for your specific carrier.

I'm confused. I've had SuperCid since S-Off and root when I had the original Firmware the came on my M7 in April of 2013, and have been able to receive OTA updates without issue, as long as I was running stock ROM and recovery. Have the "rules" been changed with the upcoming OTA? I'm on AT&T.

I ask this, because I always go back to stock to receive the official OTA, so that I can get the most up-to-date firmware from AT&T, since I don't have a working PC or Mac, and it seems to be the safer way to get the official firmware. I'm currently on ARHD, and plan to go back to stock as soon as I hear that AT&T has released the OTA for 4.4.3.
26th August 2014, 05:12 PM |#203  
OP Senior Member
Flag Near Zurich
Thanks Meter: 356

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy4jesuschrist

I'm confused. I've had SuperCid since S-Off and root when I had the original Firmware the came on my M7 in April of 2013, and have been able to receive OTA updates without issue, as long as I was running stock ROM and recovery. Have the "rules" been changed with the upcoming OTA? I'm on AT&T.

I ask this, because I always go back to stock to receive the official OTA, so that I can get the most up-to-date firmware from AT&T, since I don't have a working PC or Mac, and it seems to be the safer way to get the official firmware. I'm currently on ARHD, and plan to go back to stock as soon as I hear that AT&T has released the OTA for 4.4.3.

I don't think that Super CID would block OTAs as the Super CID simply removes the CID check. Therefore you should be able to flash anything you want and considering OTAs are "flashed" I suggest this should work if you have a closed bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to sToRm1nG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sToRm1nG Ad-Free
27th August 2014, 07:01 AM |#204  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sToRm1nG

I don't think that Super CID would block OTAs as the Super CID simply removes the CID check. Therefore you should be able to flash anything you want and considering OTAs are "flashed" I suggest this should work if you have a closed bootloader.

I figured I could, since I've already been S-Off, stock, rooted, and been able to receive OTA updates, with having Super CID, as long as I flashed the stock recovery. Just wasn't sure if HTC changed some requirements with the most recent update, considering what @kingsnoopy said. Thanks for confirming!
27th August 2014, 09:15 PM |#205  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toniybea

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2674222
look here

Thank You.
29th August 2014, 08:59 AM |#206  
Flag Newdelhi
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Deleted
1st September 2014, 01:53 PM |#207  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Vodafone latest 4.4.3
Would be good to see the latest UK Vodafone recovery ( 5.16.161.5 ) if someone has it.
1st September 2014, 05:06 PM |#208  
Flag Altenkirchen (Westerwald)
Thanks Meter: 44

More
There is only 5.16.161.2 until now.
But I think it could work with it.
2nd September 2014, 09:35 AM |#209  
OP Senior Member
Flag Near Zurich
Thanks Meter: 356

More
As far as I know there is no 5.16.161.5. The latest Vodafone OTA is this: OTA_M7_UL_K443_SENSE60_MR_Vodafone_UK_6.12.161.5-5.16.161.2_release_387413_VodaIT.zip

I'll provide the recovery for it.

With the 5.16.161.5 it is probably just a incremental OTA so like onesvip suggested you could try and flash the 5.16.161.2 recovery.

*EDIT*
Recovery added.
The Following User Says Thank You to sToRm1nG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sToRm1nG Ad-Free
2nd September 2014, 01:49 PM |#210  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by sToRm1nG

As far as I know there is no 5.16.161.5. The latest Vodafone OTA is this: OTA_M7_UL_K443_SENSE60_MR_Vodafone_UK_6.12.161.5-5.16.161.2_release_387413_VodaIT.zip

I'll provide the recovery for it.

With the 5.16.161.5 it is probably just a incremental OTA so like onesvip suggested you could try and flash the 5.16.161.2 recovery.

*EDIT*
Recovery added.

Thank you kindly Sir
4th September 2014, 06:25 PM |#211  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello. I have cid: HTC__A48 and version-main: 5.11.401.110 but I've not found recovery that corresponding cid and version-main together. Can I flash recover that satisfy only cid or only version-main?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
collection, guide, htc one, stock recoveries, stock recovery

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)