[MOD] Patched Google Wallet (Updated: 5/7/13) ***New Thread***

Search This thread

rob306

May 20, 2013
Logandale
Working on my Verizon Galaxy S3 with Stock Rooted VRBMF1. Thanks for putting this up! :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

MajicManDroid

Apr 6, 2011
Phoenix
Runs, but cant auth.

Months ago my Google Wallet was working great and my phone was awesome running CleanROM 6R2. When Scott came out with CleanROM7 I jumped on it. Updated the modem to match the code base and went on my way. When school started back up I went to use the NFC on the vending machines on campus and was surprised that none of them would authorize my phone. They all would sense the phone then refuse to pay. I was using the wallet installer found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2024460

Figuring that verizon had done something to the modem I downgraded to the VRBMB1 modem and tried again. Still no luck. Tried using a different Kernel and selected LeanKernel3. No go. Downgraded to LeanKernel2 and still didn't work out. Lastly I downgraded back to CleanROM6R2 and still didn't work. I cleared the wallet and reinstalled using the method in this thread. And still I cant get a soda machine to accept the payment even now back to the original config.

Sadly when CleanROM7 was stable I deleted the backup of the working config so I cant just restore it back. Any ideas?

Last edited:

helobubba88

Oct 24, 2011
Does it work anywhere else like McDonald's or 7-11?

If so then it's the vending machine's problem.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

helobubba88

Oct 24, 2011
Perhaps it has something to do with ASU. Have you tried any vending machines off campus? I always have success at McDonald's and 7-11.

helobubba88

Oct 24, 2011
Just downloaded the updated wallet directly from the play store. Appears to support VZW and the SIII without any modifications needed.

lieffring

Oct 31, 2008
Let's hope this gets updated because I use wallet all the time

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

sthpaw01

Sep 23, 2012
I would love if someone could get the NFC able to work for us sad Verizon customers. ;)

reslor1

Feb 3, 2013
I took the update from the play store thinking Verizon finally gave in, only to discover no NFC. It is too much of a pita to keep wallet working when I am flashing ROMs. Credit cards are faster anyway. I think I am giving up on Google wallet

xM Minton Mx

Mar 11, 2012
Sikeston
I took the update from the play store thinking Verizon finally gave in, only to discover no NFC. It is too much of a pita to keep wallet working when I am flashing ROMs. Credit cards are faster anyway. I think I am giving up on Google wallet

I seen a review that stated all you needed was a different NFC sim from Verizon but I still doubt it will work seeing how we have NFC built in so it should work already.

Like the new look but will revert back to wait for a new hacked version

Edit: so I did a little trial and error and found that even if you update and clear data and try the build prop way it still doesn't allow the tap and pay. Hopefully someone will get it working for us end users.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

robcop19

Mar 22, 2013
Atlanta
Yep; found that out tonight when I tried to make a purchase at CVS.

Ended up going back to the old version so I can still make NFC payments.

This is for the new update the came out today?
I was about to go and update it through the play store but you say NFC only works on the current version?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

helobubba88

Oct 24, 2011
This is for the new update the came out today?
I was about to go and update it through the play store but you say NFC only works on the current version?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Correct. If you update to the new version you will lose the ability to make NFC payments.

Afro Samurai

Dec 8, 2008
Chicago,IL
I seen a review that stated all you needed was a different NFC sim from Verizon but I still doubt it will work seeing how we have NFC built in so it should work already.

Like the new look but will revert back to wait for a new hacked version

Edit: so I did a little trial and error and found that even if you update and clear data and try the build prop way it still doesn't allow the tap and pay. Hopefully someone will get it working for us end users.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I requested the new sim card. It should be here in a few days. We can only hope...:fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Patched Google Wallet for Verizon Galaxy S III

N16vUE0.png

Description: As a continuation of tonu42's [MOD] Latest Google Wallet (11/29/12) thread, since unfortunately the OP can no longer update his work for personal reasons I have created a separate thread where I will be updating the mods whenever Paul updates his patched Google Wallet apk. Just like tonu42 I will be repacking Paul's apk along with the appropriate mod files whenever an update to Google Wallet is available.

Latest Download (Version R96 v16)

How to Apply Mod

Method A

1. Make sure you have no Google Wallet pre-installed, or if you do, reset data on it
    2. Once you have reset the data, go to the Wallet app in your Application Manager
    3. If you see "Uninstall Updates", select that button, but if you see "Disable" button leave it alone
    4. Using a root explorer and text editor, change build.prop lines to correspond to this
    Code:
    ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
    ro.product.name=yakju
    ro.product.device=maguro
    5. Keep an old version as a backup
    6. Copy the TouchWiz or AOSP zip file for the mod to your phone/SD Card
    7. Reboot into your recovery and flash the Google Wallet mod
    8. Boot back into the OS and open Xposed Installer app (should be installed after flash)
    9. Select "Install/Update" and allow root access if it asks
    10. Reboot your device
    11. Download and install Paul's Xposed Wallet apk
    12. Launch Xposed Installer app again and go to the "Modules" tab
    13. Enable the module by checking the checkbox for it
    14. Reboot your device again
    15. Now open Google Wallet and setup everything as needed (PIN/Security/Cards, etc...)
    16. After it is all setup and working, change your modified build.prop back to the below lines
    Code:
    ro.product.model=SCH-I535
    ro.product.name=d2vzw
    ro.product.device=d2vzw
    17. Reboot your phone normally one last time and you will be all set
    Method B

1. Make sure you have no Google Wallet pre-installed, or if you do, reset data on it
    2. Once you have reset the data, go to the Wallet app in your Application Manager
    3. If you see "Uninstall Updates", select that button, but if you see "Disable" button leave it alone
    4. Download "scripts.zip" file attached to OP below
    5. Extract it on your computer
    6. Install GScript Lite app from the Play Store
    7. Make a folder on your Internal Storage (not SD Card) called "gscript"
    8. Copy both scripts over to this folder
    9. Launch GScript Lite
    10. Add the scripts into the app (Menu key, Add Script, Load file, etc..)
    11. Edit.sh will edit build.prop to modified and Stock.sh brings it back to stock
    12. Run the Edit script (it's okay if GScript force closes)
    13. Copy the TouchWiz or AOSP zip file for the mod to your phone/SD Card
    14. Reboot into your recovery and flash the Google Wallet mod
    15. Boot back into the OS and open Xposed Installer app (should be installed after flash)
    16. Select "Install/Update" and allow root access if it asks
    17. Reboot your device again
    18. Download and install Paul's Xposed Wallet apk
    19. Launch Xposed Installer app again and go to the "Modules" tab
    20. Enable the module by checking the checkbox for it
    21. Reboot your device again
    22. Now open Google Wallet and setup everything as needed (PIN/Security/Cards, etc...)
    23. After it is all setup, launch GScript Lite and run the Stock.sh script
    24. Reboot your phone normally one last time and you will be all set

When Changing Roms

1. Open Google Wallet
    2. Press the Menu key on your device
    3. Select "Settings"
    4. Select "Reset Google Wallet app"
    5. Select "Reset" button
    6. Flash your new ROM and/or wipe as needed
    7. Follow Method A or B again from the beginning

Updating to New Version Anytime

1. Follow Method A (steps #4 and 5) or B (steps #9 and 12)
    2. Reboot your device
    3. Open the Play Store and update Google Wallet
    4. Open Google Wallet and test everything is working
    5. If all is good, follow Method A (step #16) or B (step #23)
    6. Reboot your device again and confirm everything still working

Credits

Credit goes to PaulOBrien for providing the patched Google Wallet apk (Original Post)
    Credit goes to tonu42 for creating the original thread for the mod (Original Post)
    Credit goes to rovo89 for creating the Xposed Mod (Original Post)
    This is how I got tap-to-pay to work with the new Wallet and my VZW SIII (thanks to loserskater):

Change the following lines in build.prop to

Code:
    ro.product.model=Nexus 4
    ro.product.brand=google
    ro.product.name=occam
    ro.product.device=mako

Download the NFC fix.

Boot into recovery, flash the fix, reboot.

Download the new Wallet from the Play Store and set it up.

Change build.prop back to what it was before.

Reboot and profit.

Proof:
    I managed to figure out the issue. Looks like the official Google Wallet apk no longer works with the stock Verizon Galaxy S III build-prop (only on the Galaxy Nexus one) so there's no way to escape that. I'm going to have to integrate Paul's new mod method instead but I have tested that it works properly once you install it. The benefit is that it should make it much easier from now on to update the files. I should be updating later today with the updated files and methods rewrites.
    For people having problems, I HIGHLY recommend this app:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2044362
    Its literally the easiest of easy for lazy people. One-click google wallet app installer.
    Select carrier, select rom type, then I'm pretty sure all it does is you click the button, it auto changes your build prop and installs the ACTUAL google wallet app from market, then after you're done installing it and setting up the app, you click the other button and it automatically changes your build prop back. Kinda hard to mess up.
    Not to deter from OP, but its just much much much less work. :D

Generally, its considered rude to promote another person's work without the OP's pre-approval. As a senior member you should have realized this by now.

The reason this method is still viable is because the other version requires internet to download the app and scripts or what not from PRL's servers or what have you. This method is old school but it WORKS, and HAS worked for a long time now. Also, everything is local and aside from setting up the actual app to use, internet isn't required.
    I have the new 2.0 version of wallet I downloaded from the market with my stock build prop and I just made a tap purchase at McDonald's yesterday and it went through. I'm on Verizon and I just updated it over my old version.