[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Search This thread

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Hey folks,

This is a completely new build, with all the new changes baked in. We wanted to do a semi-official test release to collect bugs and hopefully do a formal official release with everything settled. The main pain point is the CSV files (see pre-install prep).

So a brief overview:

• New acoustic routing code baked in. Should fix most if not all audio routing problems, and will provide more debugging if stuff does go wrong. Also allows for more granular tweaking, see the CSV files.
  • GPS fixes for GB - GPS not only works in GB now, but it doesn't kill sleep! I was able to use GPS, get a solid lock, and put the device to sleep no problem.
  • BT should work & well with the new acoustic code. Post results.
  • RHOD users now have a choice of kernels. .35+ all have the new acoustic - so .35, .39, 3.0 and 3.1 are all fair game now... This is bundled with .27!!
  • Keep in mind, autobuild .27 kernels will produce no audio in this build... Obviously the bundled kernel will work, and the absolute newest .27 autobuild kernel does work now - Feb.27 2012 or newer.
  • rootfs tweaks - first, it will detect which kernel you're on (.27 or .35+) and automatically apply the correct firmware. Second, is it will always copy/extract the modules... failures there were getting annoying, and this is surefire if brute-force...
  • Few Easter egg apk's...
  • Probably a lot I'm forgetting, this might change ;)

Pre-Install Prep REQUIRED!!!

This step is crucial, and I forgot all about it! You must copy all of the *.CSV file from your WinMo ROM - these are in the \Windows\ directory. There's a very easy way to do this. It involves the Total Commander app for WinMo (Direct Link for the perpetually lazy...) (included in EnergyROM and others probably).

Now you're in Total Commander looking at your \Windows\ directory. Whew... lots of files. Fear not! Hit the "CTRL" button, then the green "Plus" button. This opens the Select/Unselect files dialog. Put in *.csv, press "select" and voila. All CSV files are selected. Now - File -> Copy/Move -> I want you to copy these (should be 10) files to the ROOT of your SD card. No folders!!! This is hardset right now, until we get it all implemented into the build properly. Thanks!

Install

Assuming you've done the pre-install prep; this is installed just like the other XDAndroid builds - grab your startup.txt (don't forget rel_path= if you don't have it at the root of the SD!), ts-calibration and boot!

Download

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Caveat List

• CDMA users might get a crash in phone.apk and no service on boot. If waiting doesn't resolve the issue, then reboot. Should come up fine...
  • BT might still be flaky
  • The CSV files from a RAPH100 are attached for the lazy. I'd like to gather CSV's from each RHOD, I'm curious if any ROM devs have changed them out either... This could get interesting. If you folks don't mind, post up your CSV's, point out differences with mine, etc... We're trying to figure out how to unify these, if possible! Thanks!
Please post back any issues, enjoy!

GBX0C Changelog
  • Camcorder: Now works (tested on rhodium).
  • Acoustic: Bug-fix : correct random loss of dual(rear)-mic.
  • MMS: Bug-fix: Slides with zero duration on Sprint.
  • Gps: Bug-fix: Init/de-init sequence fix (correct gps not starting up after being unchecked in Settings).
  • Gps: Bug-fix: End gps session with a correct rpc call (relevant to amss6125 devices).
  • Gps: Bug-fix: Don't send delayed position requests after session has ended (possibly relevant to Navigation issues).
  • Gps: New feature: Xtra (aGPS) -> verified to work on rhodium/cdma raph.
  • X1 specific: Screen rotation patch.
  • Added tytung's GPS injector app to AndroidApps\Other as well as updating/cleaning up some apps in AndroidApps.
  • Modified rootfs for newest apsta firmware & wifi firmware - wifi tethering now works flawlessly in the newest kernels! .27 is still bundled for the record...

Attachments

• AcousticRAPH100CSV's.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 972
Last edited:

R^7Z

Test device: RAPH100 running latest NRG build w/sencity
Using everything supplied in the previous posts above minus my ts-calib file; everything seems to work on my RAPH100 (I'm not sure it matters that it has the orange brand on the back cover). Also, this does include sound! I booted without a SIM (yes, this is a GSM version RAPH). The first time I booted, it rebooted to winmo; second time was the charm.

Additional info(statistical maybe?):
Time to boot animation: 3 minutes
Time from boot animation to home: N/A (after 3 minutes my device rebooted to winmo on first try)
(Second trial)
Time to boot animation: 1 - 1.5 minutes (maybe 2 minutes?)
Time from boot animation to home: S/A (same as above)
*Successful boot to lock screen after second boot* (I wonder should this be expected behavior?)
NOTES: Hard keys "Home" and "left arrow"/back key remain highlighted after activated but deactivate after playing around(for the lack of a better word) and/or screen times out. (My opinion)At the very least it doesn't go crazy like earlier froyo builds. Also note that wifi should be working (works on mine) with this build and kernel package (included with package). (I like)New power off boot menu (long press of power key brings this up while short press seems to turn off screen, as usual). "Silent mode" (as expected), "Airplane mode" (as expected), "Kexec" (not sure yet, seems to be the same as "Reboot" or probably vise versa?), "Reboot" brings you all the way back before boot animation and "Power Off" (as expected).

Still test driving (more to come!)

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
"Kexec" (not sure yet, seems to be the same as "Reboot" or probably vise versa?), "Reboot" brings you all the way back before boot animation and "Power Off" (as expected).

So reboot didn't work properly?

Let's focus on what's changed. Audio mainly... I do appreciate the report tho :p.

Kexec is for swapping kernels. This way you can swap kernels and not have to go back to WinMo... Goooogle it ;).

jeroen79

Jul 15, 2008
I ran it for a day, and had no audio problems

only had a few small problems:
it did reboot once
orientation is inverted but i never use auto rotate
market is kinda slow

Edit:
had another reboot during gps app, and i think previous reboot might also have been while gps app was opend
but audio seems to be perfect atm

Greetings
Jeroen
DIAM100

Last edited:

s4ean

Dec 2, 2009
So I've been in the Windows Mobile for quite sometime, came back and noticed the new Gingerbread Build, and it runs fine thus far... I have two issues, no google maps or facebook (incompatible with this device)? Is this something new, or unique to gingerbread?

s4ean

Dec 2, 2009
Problem Solved...

An update to my previous post... changing the DPI back to 240 in startup.txt has resolved the problem.

SkinsFan

Jan 7, 2009
I really want to try this, as the FRX build lacked the ability to use Bluetooth. Only problem is, I have no .csv files in my WinMo directory. I am running the Energy Sense ROM 2.5 29017.

What do I do now? Do I really need those files?

EDIT: Never mind. I'm an idiot! But I do only have 5 .csv files.

Last edited:

SkinsFan

Jan 7, 2009
I have it running now, but I get no audio from the phone. Also, bluetooth pairs but I get no audio from it either.

I have a RAPH800, BTW.

Last edited:

proxymus-o

Aug 12, 2009
I really want to try this, as the FRX build lacked the ability to use Bluetooth. Only problem is, I have no .csv files in my WinMo directory. I am running the Energy Sense ROM 2.5 29017.

What do I do now? Do I really need those files?

EDIT: Never mind. I'm an idiot! But I do only have 5 .csv files.

I've also only 5 .csv files in my windows folder:

AudioFilterTable.csv
AudioPara.csv
AudioPara3.csv
AudioPreProcessTable.csv
TIAGC.csv

In the second posting from arrrghhh you will find the *.csv for the RAPH100 in a zip archive (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20869601&postcount=2 - it contains only 4 .csv files).

I've tested this Release on my RAPH100 and it is running well.

- Phone works
- Audio works
- Wireless works
- Camera works

On my phone, the hardware buttons light up irregularly (without touching or pressing them - see attachement). The result is that the focus on the screen jumps back and forth. This happens at irregular intervals. Has anyone else this problem?

Attachments

• button.jpg
    button.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 825

R^7Z

(I think) It's a design flaw by HTC. This has been a long standing bug even without Android (it's just not as apparent in winmo) and unless we can figure out how to either ignore the additional key pressing being picked up by the touchpad sensor or possibly ignore the touchpad altogether, we may just have to "deal" with it as is. However, I think this is starting to get away from the actual intent of the XDAndroid team's intent to find out about noting any audio irregularities with these files. I'm guessing we either need to start posting our csv files or figuring out what the differences in changing the values mean in terms of audio(or perhaps both?). I really haven't had the time to do much testing aside from describing my experience with loading the GB test bundle.

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
(I think) It's a design flaw by HTC. This has been a long standing bug even without Android (it's just not as apparent in winmo) and unless we can figure out how to either ignore the additional key pressing being picked up by the touchpad sensor or possibly ignore the touchpad altogether, we may just have to "deal" with it as is. However, I think this is starting to get away from the actual intent of the XDAndroid team's intent to find out about noting any audio irregularities with these files. I'm guessing we either need to start posting our csv files or figuring out what the differences in changing the values mean in terms of audio(or perhaps both?). I really haven't had the time to do much testing aside from describing my experience with loading the GB test bundle.

Eh, we really just want to know if there are any dramatic differences in the CSV's between devices - XDAndroid tries really hard to support WAY too many devices ;).

So this thread is mainly to find out if all our new changes dramatically break any one device. Doesn't seem like it... so the next step is to aggregate all the CSV's together (why I asked everyone to post theirs) and see if we can make a big mix of them, or if we'll have to do it similar to the keyboard layout where each device gets its own folder... then it gets into proper variant detection, etc. Hairy!

But yes, the touch panel issue has ALWAYS been present folks. Let's not rehash old bugs, that doesn't do anyone a darn bit of good. Thanks!!

proxymus-o

Aug 12, 2009
But yes, the touch panel issue has ALWAYS been present folks. Let's not rehash old bugs, that doesn't do anyone a darn bit of good. Thanks!!

I haven't heard from this issue before. So it is good to know that.

I've compared your 4 csv files with mine (RAPH 100 - running with Energy ROM 29022) and there is no difference between them.
I've one additional csv file in my windows folder (TIAGC.csv). If you need it I can upload it.

ericdabbs

Jun 28, 2007
Los Angeles
I have a RAPH800 (Sprint) and I was in the process of doing the Pre-install Prep with Total Commander to get the .csv files. However after copying the files to my SD card, I see only 5 files.

AudioFilterTable
AudioFilterTable_Raphael#C
AudioPara3
AudioPara3_Raphael#C
AudioPreProcessTable

I don't see the AudioPara file. Am I doing something wrong? What should I do?

Also I did a Beyond Compare comparison between the files from my phone and the downloaded RAPH100 files and the files are not the same.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I have a RAPH800 (Sprint) and I was in the process of doing the Pre-install Prep with Total Commander to get the .csv files. However after copying the files to my SD card, I see only 5 files.

AudioFilterTable
AudioFilterTable_Raphael#C
AudioPara3
AudioPara3_Raphael#C
AudioPreProcessTable

I don't see the AudioPara file. Am I doing something wrong? What should I do?

Also I did a Beyond Compare comparison between the files from my phone and the downloaded RAPH100 files and the files are not the same.

Every phone model will probably have different files. You didn't do anything wrong. Just use the files for your device.

popetorak

Jul 7, 2007
Been running GBX0B 2.3.7 Build on Fuze since the 31st.

I didnt have 10 .csvs, so i just used the his zip. Took me 3 times to get a stable build, they kept self destructing.

Sound: Perfect
Gps: Faster than FRX07.1, when it worked. I justed stop using it
Data: Only used Wifi, works fine
I have a sim in the Fuze, but i have no service.

FRX07.1 would drain my battery over night even plugged in to the wall. GBX0B 2.3.7 fixed that.

I get alot longer battery life. I got maybe 5 (est) hours with FRX07.1, 8 - 10 (est) hours GBX0B 2.3.7

This is the BEST android build for fuze (and i have tried them all).

Smoother, little faster. GPS works alot better. I think we finally got a build we can run full time

drugusv

Feb 1, 2009
Chisinau
Been running GBX0B 2.3.7 Build on Fuze since the 31st.

I didnt have 10 .csvs, so i just used the his zip. Took me 3 times to get a stable build, they kept self destructing.

Sound: Perfect
Gps: Faster than FRX07.1, when it worked. I justed stop using it
Data: Only used Wifi, works fine
I have a sim in the Fuze, but i have no service.

FRX07.1 would drain my battery over night even plugged in to the wall. GBX0B 2.3.7 fixed that.

I get alot longer battery life. I got maybe 5 (est) hours with FRX07.1, 8 - 10 (est) hours GBX0B 2.3.7

This is the BEST android build for fuze (and i have tried them all).

Smoother, little faster. GPS works alot better. I think we finally got a build we can run full time

hmmmmmmm, on my RAPH100 battery discharges faster than on FRX07.1 :(

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
hmmmmmmm, on my RAPH100 battery discharges faster than on FRX07.1 :(

Honestly the battery shouldn't be different at all. The kernel didn't change much at all in the battery saving or sucking department.

As always, if you use the device a lot - and use a lot of the hardware (GPS, wifi, etc) it will suck your battery dry.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks,

This is a completely new build, with all the new changes baked in. We wanted to do a semi-official test release to collect bugs and hopefully do a formal official release with everything settled. The main pain point is the CSV files (see pre-install prep).

So a brief overview:

• New acoustic routing code baked in. Should fix most if not all audio routing problems, and will provide more debugging if stuff does go wrong. Also allows for more granular tweaking, see the CSV files.
    • GPS fixes for GB - GPS not only works in GB now, but it doesn't kill sleep! I was able to use GPS, get a solid lock, and put the device to sleep no problem.
    • BT should work & well with the new acoustic code. Post results.
    • RHOD users now have a choice of kernels. .35+ all have the new acoustic - so .35, .39, 3.0 and 3.1 are all fair game now... This is bundled with .27!!
    • Keep in mind, autobuild .27 kernels will produce no audio in this build... Obviously the bundled kernel will work, and the absolute newest .27 autobuild kernel does work now - Feb.27 2012 or newer.
    • rootfs tweaks - first, it will detect which kernel you're on (.27 or .35+) and automatically apply the correct firmware. Second, is it will always copy/extract the modules... failures there were getting annoying, and this is surefire if brute-force...
    • Few Easter egg apk's...
    • Probably a lot I'm forgetting, this might change ;)

Pre-Install Prep REQUIRED!!!

This step is crucial, and I forgot all about it! You must copy all of the *.CSV file from your WinMo ROM - these are in the \Windows\ directory. There's a very easy way to do this. It involves the Total Commander app for WinMo (Direct Link for the perpetually lazy...) (included in EnergyROM and others probably).

Now you're in Total Commander looking at your \Windows\ directory. Whew... lots of files. Fear not! Hit the "CTRL" button, then the green "Plus" button. This opens the Select/Unselect files dialog. Put in *.csv, press "select" and voila. All CSV files are selected. Now - File -> Copy/Move -> I want you to copy these (should be 10) files to the ROOT of your SD card. No folders!!! This is hardset right now, until we get it all implemented into the build properly. Thanks!

Install

Assuming you've done the pre-install prep; this is installed just like the other XDAndroid builds - grab your startup.txt (don't forget rel_path= if you don't have it at the root of the SD!), ts-calibration and boot!

Download
    Caveat List

• CDMA users might get a crash in phone.apk and no service on boot. If waiting doesn't resolve the issue, then reboot. Should come up fine...
    • BT might still be flaky
    • The CSV files from a RAPH100 are attached for the lazy. I'd like to gather CSV's from each RHOD, I'm curious if any ROM devs have changed them out either... This could get interesting. If you folks don't mind, post up your CSV's, point out differences with mine, etc... We're trying to figure out how to unify these, if possible! Thanks!
    Please post back any issues, enjoy!

GBX0C Changelog
    • Camcorder: Now works (tested on rhodium).
    • Acoustic: Bug-fix : correct random loss of dual(rear)-mic.
    • MMS: Bug-fix: Slides with zero duration on Sprint.
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Init/de-init sequence fix (correct gps not starting up after being unchecked in Settings).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: End gps session with a correct rpc call (relevant to amss6125 devices).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Don't send delayed position requests after session has ended (possibly relevant to Navigation issues).
    • Gps: New feature: Xtra (aGPS) -> verified to work on rhodium/cdma raph.
    • X1 specific: Screen rotation patch.
    • Added tytung's GPS injector app to AndroidApps\Other as well as updating/cleaning up some apps in AndroidApps.
    • Modified rootfs for newest apsta firmware & wifi firmware - wifi tethering now works flawlessly in the newest kernels! .27 is still bundled for the record...
    I can also confirm the gsensor problem. Seems GB needs different values! I'll look into it.
    Missing Apps from the Market... (Raph800, etc...)

I believe I addressed this on the first page, but for those of you using the Raph800, not seeing google maps in the market, changing the DPI back to 240 in startup.txt has resolved the problem. After you've downloaded your apps, simply restart with it changed back to 210 :D It fixes the incompatible issue as well.

Now, any luck on the sound fix? I found using the kernels, roofts, and zimage from the GBX0B build with Froyo 7.1 disables the sound their as well. For me, I could hear the person on the other line, they could not however hear me. Ringer and alerts worked fine.
    I do VGA Htc Calibrate. :)

Its possible to edit build that boot without ts-calibration on sdcard?

Yes, I don't see why not. I assume the app can just write the values directly to ts-calib inside the system? I think it's in /data, but I need to look.