[ROM][05.10.12] CleanROM 4.5 Standard / Pro -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | Skins! |★-

Search This thread

SquireSCA

Nov 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I hope that they can figure something out cause I really like this ROM! I love my music though but not having any enhancer really takes away from it. I would go back to a GB ROM but getting the old mainver back looks a little scary.

I think that if you want to go back to GB and not have to worry about mainver, just use the latest RUU?

I think that does a complete format and restore of the phone to it's true out of the box state and should wipe out anything from an ICS ROM without trouble.

I have tried a few ICS ROMS and used the RUU method to roll back and not had any issues. I create a Nandroid before trying ICS, and so if I have to RUU, I do that, unlock and root it, install Amon Ra and then restore my Nandroid and I am back where I started in half hour or less.

Reactions: mlmiller240

dbutters

May 12, 2007
Dallas, TX
I think that if you want to go back to GB and not have to worry about mainver, just use the latest RUU?

I think that does a complete format and restore of the phone to it's true out of the box state and should wipe out anything from an ICS ROM without trouble.

I have tried a few ICS ROMS and used the RUU method to roll back and not had any issues. I create a Nandroid before trying ICS, and so if I have to RUU, I do that, unlock and root it, install Amon Ra and then restore my Nandroid and I am back where I started in half hour or less.

I think you can do it even faster by just flashing a GB kernal in fastboot and then restoring your nandroid.

mlmiller240

Sep 13, 2010
Goodyear, AZ
I think you can do it even faster by just flashing a GB kernal in fastboot and then restoring your nandroid.

I don't think that will work with the new mainver will it? It would be awesome if it did!

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

I might have to try this. Thanks for the info.

SquireSCA

Nov 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
So as far as we know, Beats and any of the DSP type apps are the only things that don't work on this ROM?

No BT issues or anything else?

I hope that people don't think that I am down on Scott or ROM's in general. I just think that they tend to be hit or miss in these cases where there is no official OTA to build from. People take a leak from over here, some OTA stuff from over there, some mods and code from another phone and you get this sort of Frankenstein OS that may look nice and have some cool shortcuts and things, but there are always things that are broken.

So I am always critical, because I want the new things, I want the new look, but I don't want to lose BT, or have laggy GPS, or lacking MMS, or being able to customize the audio and other things that I consider "core functionality", you know?

But if Beats is the only thing that is missing at this point, I will give it a shot. I already made my Nandroid, so I guess I don't have much to lose except an hour of my time. LOL

SquireSCA

Nov 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Installed it, seems to run fine, everything but Beats seems to work...

And then I get the first spontaneous reboot that my Rezound has ever had. Great, I turned my Rezound into a TBolt. LOL

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

And ROM Toolbox doesn't run. Will not gain SU, tried everything, uninstall, reinstall, update SU, delete from SU, etc...

This ROM also runs sluggish and is nowhere as smooth as a nice debloated GB OTA...

mlmiller240

Sep 13, 2010
Goodyear, AZ

And then I get the first spontaneous reboot that my Rezound has ever had. Great, I turned my Rezound into a TBolt. LOL

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

And ROM Toolbox doesn't run. Will not gain SU, tried everything, uninstall, reinstall, update SU, delete from SU, etc...

This ROM also runs sluggish and is nowhere as smooth as a nice debloated GB OTA...

My Toolbox works fine. Not to be funny but, did you know the "Allow" button is now on the right hand side? That one got me the first time. lol

SquireSCA

Nov 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
My Toolbox works fine. Not to be funny but, did you know the "Allow" button is now on the right hand side? That one got me the first time. lol

Doesn't even ask for permission, because the first time you run the app there is some big gay welcome message that covers it all up...

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Even setting SU to automatically approve all SU requests doesn't work.

This is the part of ROMs that always bums me out. There is always something that is broken, something that doesn't work right... sigh...

mlmiller240

Sep 13, 2010
Goodyear, AZ
Doesn't even ask for permission, because the first time you run the app there is some big gay welcome message that covers it all up...

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

This is the part of ROMs that always bums me out. There is always something that is broken, something that doesn't work right... sigh...

Hit "OK" or whatever on that screen and the the SU allow page will come up, at least it did on mine.

SquireSCA

Nov 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Hit "OK" or whatever on that screen and the the SU allow page will come up, at least it did on mine.

Trust me, I have installed and set the app up 50 times over the months... LOL

It simply doesn't give me the option to approve it. Other apps do, this one for some reason does not.

Oh well, many of the bloat apps can be disabled in the app manager so it isn't a huge deal I guess...

mlmiller240

Sep 13, 2010
Goodyear, AZ

It simply doesn't give me the option to approve it. Other apps do, this one for some reason does not.

Oh well, many of the bloat apps can be disabled in the app manager so it isn't a huge deal I guess...

I am really trying to like this ROM, it is the best ICS Rom I have tried yet. I just don't know if any are ready for Prime Time yet. This one is awfully close!!

SquireSCA

Nov 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I am really trying to like this ROM, it is the best ICS Rom I have tried yet. I just don't know if any are ready for Prime Time yet. This one is awfully close!!

That is what disapoints me. Some of these ROMs are so damned close. This is the first one that I will probably keep as a daily driver.

The one or two last little issues I can live with, a I know that they will be addressed.

But I don't think that any of them are gonna compare to what we will see when VZW releases the ICS OTA for this device. That's when the real work begins, when they have the kernel and drivers and all that stuff to work with. Then they can truly do what needs to be done with this phone.

I see all these current ROMs as practice, an appetizer for the real stuff that is about to come down the pike...

bclasen1

Jul 27, 2010
going back

I must agree with most. this rom is so close I love it. However, I have to return to stock for now. I have the origin rom (OTA) rooted on my phone, but when i restore, it gives me the white htc screen twice then freezes. Do I have to load a boot.img through the flash tool or what? Thank you.

soutwater

Mar 26, 2011
I haven't moved up to 2.3 yet but Rom Toolbox works for me on 2.1 and just need to be a little gentle with the carousel. I really haven't had any issues with 2.1 & appreciate the efforts of Scott to do this for us.

sent from NC on CM9 or Rez on CleanSense 2.1

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
No problemo. It is killing me to see these really cool ROM's, but I really don't want to give up things to use them. I keep asking myself, what am I really getting?

Ok, so it has ICS.,, so what? Other than being able to tell other geeks that I have ICS, what does it actually DO for me that GB does not?

Almost nothing.

What does the latest OTA give me? It works. Beats works. No FC's, no issues, everything works as it should, it is easy to debloat, etc...

I use my phone at the gym a lot, and I hate the way the music sounds without Beats or at least a working DSP type app. So until someone can get the basic functions of the phone to work, no ROM will be a daily driver for me.

Which sucks, because I was really excited about this one and was about to install it. Seeing your post at the last minute saved me a few hours of time and frustration. :)

No problemo. It is killing me to see these really cool ROM's, but I really don't want to give up things to use them. I keep asking myself, what am I really getting?

Ok, so it has ICS.,, so what? Other than being able to tell other geeks that I have ICS, what does it actually DO for me that GB does not?

Almost nothing.

What does the latest OTA give me? It works. Beats works. No FC's, no issues, everything works as it should, it is easy to debloat, etc...

I use my phone at the gym a lot, and I hate the way the music sounds without Beats or at least a working DSP type app. So until someone can get the basic functions of the phone to work, no ROM will be a daily driver for me.

Which sucks, because I was really excited about this one and was about to install it. Seeing your post at the last minute saved me a few hours of time and frustration. :)

So as far as we know, Beats and any of the DSP type apps are the only things that don't work on this ROM?

No BT issues or anything else?

I hope that people don't think that I am down on Scott or ROM's in general. I just think that they tend to be hit or miss in these cases where there is no official OTA to build from. People take a leak from over here, some OTA stuff from over there, some mods and code from another phone and you get this sort of Frankenstein OS that may look nice and have some cool shortcuts and things, but there are always things that are broken.

So I am always critical, because I want the new things, I want the new look, but I don't want to lose BT, or have laggy GPS, or lacking MMS, or being able to customize the audio and other things that I consider "core functionality", you know?

But if Beats is the only thing that is missing at this point, I will give it a shot. I already made my Nandroid, so I guess I don't have much to lose except an hour of my time. LOL

That is what disapoints me. Some of these ROMs are so damned close. This is the first one that I will probably keep as a daily driver.

The one or two last little issues I can live with, a I know that they will be addressed.

But I don't think that any of them are gonna compare to what we will see when VZW releases the ICS OTA for this device. That's when the real work begins, when they have the kernel and drivers and all that stuff to work with. Then they can truly do what needs to be done with this phone.

I see all these current ROMs as practice, an appetizer for the real stuff that is about to come down the pike...

Why dont you go back to a flip phone? I mean really?

You are really a Debbie Downer that has no clue whatsoever the amount of time and effort goes into building a ROM and getting it this far. You have crossed the limits of good taste (yet again).

If you ever think you can do better you are allowed to post a ROM. Lets see what you can do!

Also, if you just want to ***** about ROMS and how they don't meet your standard start a thread in general. Dont clutter up my thread with your useless banter.

-Scott

Last edited:

SquireSCA

Nov 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I apologize, real world experiences and critiques are apparently not wanted here.

Battery charge does not pass 91%, and landscape mode while typing here doesn't work, the screen scrambles and typing in.general is laggy.

Is that being a Debby downer? It is what it is.

I kniw it is a lot of hard work, but if it diesnt work, is sharing results really that taboo?

rabidpencil

Feb 5, 2010
Springfield, MO
Dude, there have been plenty of people telling Scott what doesn't work without him telling them to leave. So obviously it's not that. From what little I've read of your posts, you only offer complaints of things that have already been mentioned, or you're complaining about every ROM out there (which doesn't accomplish or help anything). If you don't want an ICS ROM until there's an OTA ICS, then go back to GB and leave this thread.

Hope I'm not crossing any lines, but good Lord.

Reactions: Scott

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][05.10.12] CleanROM 4.5 Standard / Pro -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | Skins! |★-

CR4.5-Rez-1.png

CR4.5-Rez-2.png

about.png

CleanROM Developer Edition was designed to be a cleaned up Verizon Stock ROM Leak of Ice Cream Sandwich with a lot of Sense Removed! All HTC and Google Apps are up to date as of 5/9/2012. ROM is de-odexed and based on Leaked RUU 3.11.605.22. ROM Supports both Gingerbread and ICS Firmware and S-ON or S-OFF!
    Please read the installation instructions!!! They have changed!

features.png

Removed VZW Bloat!
    Custom Tweaks App by Jan!
    Custom Team Blackout Sense 4.0 Clock Widget Skin
    Performance and Battery Enhancements!
    ES File Explorer
    WiFi Tether
    Battery Icon with Percent (Stock Battery on SD Card)
    Super Extended Quick Settings
    No Location Icon
    Can be flashed with either firmware and S-ON or S-OFF

Pro.png

The Professional Edition of CleanROM

This ROM is identical to CleanROM Standard with the exception it is even cleaner;

The following are removed in this build:
    • All Social Networking apps and libraries
    • HTC Reader
    • Verizon Instant Messenger
    • Verizon Back up Service
    • Verizon Media Manager
    • Plus One
    • Picasa

NOTE: The Pro Edition Does not and will not support any of the removed apps. Please dont waste your time asking.

tweaks.png

Statusbar Tweaks
    Hide and Reorder Quicksetting
    Quick quicksettings toggle: If no notification to clear will show Quicksettings
    Hide WiFi Config
    Hide Specific Notifications Icons: Alarm / GPS / Bluetooth / WiFi / Data / Headset / Volume
    Battery Tweaks with MIUI Battery bar
    Clock Options
    Recent Apps Toggle
    Enable Transparency

Sense Tweaks
    Smooth Rosie Tweaks
    Toggle Unlock animation
    Toggle 5 Column App Drawer
    Toggle Paginated App Drawer
    Enable Transparency

Lockscreen Tweaks
    AOSP Lock Screen toggle
    Custom Carrier Caption
    Toggle Menu Key to Unlock
    Volume Keys to wake

Misc Tweaks
    Phone Info menu
    Capacitive Back light Settings
    Selectable Overscroll Colors
    Options for Advanced Power Menu

Advanced Tweaks
    Fix permissions
    Zipalaign apks
    Mount system rw/ro
    Wipe Battery stats
    Wipe cache/dalvik

changes.png

Changes in Version 4.5 - 5/10/2012
    • Added: Blackout ICS Skin
    • Fixed: Blackout Original Skin
    • Updated: Install method for S-ON / S-OFF! Read the install instructions! Major Changes to support all install methods!
    • Updated: Kernel and build.prop from 3.14 Leak
    • Updated: Facebook, Flash, Maps, Streets
    • Removed: SD Card Contents. Now seperate downloads. Read the install instructions!

tether.png

• Start Application
    • Go to Settings
    • Select Device Type -> Galaxy Nexus LTE
    • Select Change Setup-Method -> netd (master)
    • Select Enable WiFi-Encryption -> Your Choice
    • Select Routing Fix
    • Start Tether and allow Root

installation.png

There are 4 ways to install CleanROM 4.5

NOTE: If you are not S-OFF or on ICS Firmware you will need to download the Extra's and place them on the root of your SD Card BEFORE you flash the ROM! They are no longer included in the ROM file itself!

Method 1: Installation for S-OFF Devices on ICS firmware
    • S-OFF Recomended!
    • Copy ROM to SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • wipe data / Factory Reset
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 2: Installation for S-ON Devices on ICS firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND PH98IMG.zip to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Use Developer Menu to reboot to bootloader and flash the boot.img file in the PH98IMG.zip
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 3: Installation for S-OFF Devices on Gingerbread firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND GB Firmware Patch to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GB Firmware Patch
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 4: Installation for S-ON Devices on Gingerbread firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND PH98IMG.zip AND GB Firmware Patch to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GB Fimrware Patch
    • Use Developer Menu to reboot to bootloader and flash the boot.img file in the PH98IMG.zip
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

extra.png

Download PH98IMG.zip HERE! This is only for S-ON Devices

Download Gingerbread Firmware patch HERE! - You only need to do this if you are on Gingerbread Fimrware!

Flash All Zips except PH98IMG in recovery but you all knew that!

thanks.png

teamblackout.png

And the following XDA Developers and Members: dsixda - drellisdee - racinwarrior - lrod0175 - VinceOB - j4n87 - eboelzner

Alternate Kernels

I have created a flashable 3.13.607.5 Kernel and a flashable 3.14.605.5 Kernel for the ROM.

Some people feel that the 3.13.607.5 kernel gave better battery and cooling than the latest kernel.

Feel free to download and test for yourself!

These are in old school method as to make one simple step for everyone. This also resets mainver to 1.00.000.0 :D

Instructions
    1. Download to root of SD Card
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Flash Zip
    4. Phone will reboot to hboot
    5. Press power one time so it will scan the SD Card
    6. Install boot.img when prompted
    7. Reboot when prompted

Download the 3.13.605.7 kernel HERE

Download the 3.14.605.5 kernel HERE
    Reserved for future use....
    Reserved for future use....
    Np. Not trying to bite your head off or anything, but wipe is always almost recommended.

You get to go off on someone and get a thanks for that.

I post a killer ROM and then a mirror by request and I get **** :(

700+ downloads in 7 hours and I have 12 thanks. Im not complaining... But really?