[Q] No service issue lumia 920

Search This thread

Rasfen

May 8, 2013
I have a nokia lumia 920 black , when i restart it , it appears in place of the signal the airplane and then the no signal , i tryed diferent sims that works on other phones , nothing , what can fix this issue (i have no warranty).and it's not locked and no signal what so ever .
Please don't tell me that you have a similar phone and didn't had this issue , I don't care , post only someone who has even a little hint of how to fix the problem .
Sorry for my bad english.

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas
I have a nokia lumia 920 black , when i restart it , it appears in place of the signal the airplane and then the no signal , i tryed diferent sims that works on other phones , nothing , what can fix this issue (i have no warranty).and it's not locked and no signal what so ever .
Please don't tell me that you have a similar phone and didn't had this issue , I don't care , post only someone who has even a little hint of how to fix the problem .
Sorry for my bad english.

Have you checked the settings to make sure it is not actually set fro airplane mode? Also are you sure it is unlocked?

Rasfen

May 8, 2013
checked and checked

Have you checked the settings to make sure it is not actually set fro airplane mode? Also are you sure it is unlocked?

the airplane mode it's not on and i'm 80 % sure it's unlocked tryed even a vodafone germany sim (cause it was bought from them) nothing . Tryed restart it , reset it , and flash it and still the same problem.

boril

May 9, 2006
Sofia
the airplane mode it's not on and i'm 80 % sure it's unlocked tryed even a vodafone germany sim (cause it was bought from them) nothing . Tryed restart it , reset it , and flash it and still the same problem.

If it locked once you start with non-original operator sim card it will ask you for unlock code, so you will know it's locked ;)

do you receive sim error after airplane mode ?
Mine has a bended / broken sim reader pin and didn't recognize any sim card and after restart I got SIM error msg.

ramseyjack

Jul 19, 2007
Tulare, CA
www.altsys.net
I have somewhat of a like issue. After restart takes a LONG time to connect and update the tile. Wife's phone, will state no service or emergency calls only, but she can text out AND I can always call her, so POSSIBLE the tile is not updating. Sim card replaced twice by ATT. ATT stated working on local towers for LTE upgrade, and after a whole weekend of no text coming in (able to text out)(???) all incoming test text messages (say 25) arrived at 6am on Sunday morning.

no data updating (email) while in this half-working mode. next thing I can think of is get new phone.

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas
I have somewhat of a like issue. After restart takes a LONG time to connect and update the tile. Wife's phone, will state no service or emergency calls only, but she can text out AND I can always call her, so POSSIBLE the tile is not updating. Sim card replaced twice by ATT. ATT stated working on local towers for LTE upgrade, and after a whole weekend of no text coming in (able to text out)(???) all incoming test text messages (say 25) arrived at 6am on Sunday morning.

no data updating (email) while in this half-working mode. next thing I can think of is get new phone.

If the phone is the ATT model and is still locked to ATT then you obviously have an issue with the phone and should sen it in for service. There is no reason why an ATT phone and ATT SIM should have an issue on the ATT network otherwise.

arh_3000

Aug 12, 2007
I have this issue as well but only since I got it back from Nokia repairing the dust in the front camera problem. They changed the internals for some reason and now I have No Service and also now have new IME number. I contacted them and they said try a hard reset which didn't work then said I would have to send it back again for this to be repaired which when I got it back today has the same problem still. There is nothing wrong with my SIM card and have even received a new Orange one which still did the same. When I contacted Nokia they were next to useless saying I need to send it away a 3rd time (my phone was perfect before I sent it away apart from the dust in the front camera...don't I regret getting this fixed now!) which I declined and have asked to speak to the manager. I have to wait 3-4 business days for them to ring me and see what can be done. I know this is probably not much help but will let you know the outcome as it might be a setting or something I can do with the phone.

One thing I have found is Nokia Care is they are the most unhelpful company ever! Basically just suggesting I keep booking it online to be collected for repair. Once this is sorted I hope I never have to deal with them again!

sanshiros

Jul 28, 2013
At&T no Signal as well

Default AT&T Lumia 920 bought from ebay NO SIGNAL ! I flashed it but... no signal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I bought this yellow Lumia 920 form USA. I live in Europe.
Unfortunately it was locked, I called AT&T and they gave me an unlock code and now it's unlocked.

I put 2 different SIMS inside but the phone shows no signal at all. It reads the SIM from inside ( services etc) but It will not lock to a signal.
When I boot it it shows an airplane mode and in 2 seconds the no signal icon. The airplane mode is disabled thought I checked enabling and disabling.

I decided to flash it to Rogers after reading all these comments here using Nokia Care Suite. It was succesful. The conversion was from RM-820 AT&T to ----> RM820 Rogers Canada.

I had the ability now to change from LTE to 3G and 2G but to no avail. The signal remained dead and it wouldn't find any signal after searching for new networks associated with my 2 sim cards that I tried.

If I flash it again to the rm-821 euro dev rom will it work ? The thing is that I can't find it nowhere to download it. Where did you guys found it from ?

Thanks

RudeDude89

Nov 6, 2013
I have this issue as well but only since I got it back from Nokia repairing the dust in the front camera problem. They changed the internals for some reason and now I have No Service and also now have new IME number. I contacted them and they said try a hard reset which didn't work then said I would have to send it back again for this to be repaired which when I got it back today has the same problem still. There is nothing wrong with my SIM card and have even received a new Orange one which still did the same. When I contacted Nokia they were next to useless saying I need to send it away a 3rd time (my phone was perfect before I sent it away apart from the dust in the front camera...don't I regret getting this fixed now!) which I declined and have asked to speak to the manager. I have to wait 3-4 business days for them to ring me and see what can be done. I know this is probably not much help but will let you know the outcome as it might be a setting or something I can do with the phone.

One thing I have found is Nokia Care is they are the most unhelpful company ever! Basically just suggesting I keep booking it online to be collected for repair. Once this is sorted I hope I never have to deal with them again!

Have you had any luck for fixing this? I also have the same issue. I gave my lumia 920 for screen replacement at Nokia care and after some time, it would just not pick any network. Please help me

TLJack64

Aug 13, 2006
***I have the fix***

Have you had any luck for fixing this? I also have the same issue. I gave my lumia 920 for screen replacement at Nokia care and after some time, it would just not pick any network. Please help me

I had this issue with a replacement Lumia 920 that I ordered online. To fix this you will first need a t5 torx screwdriver in order to remove the two screws from the bottom of the device. Once those are out you have to pry the main body of the phone from the polycarbonate case and expose the bare backside (*giggle*). look to the upper right portion of the device for a really thin coaxial-esque cable... this is the antenna. To fix my issue I simply had to push the connector piece back into it's slot. There will be a firm but tiny click once this is properly inserted and you should now receive a signal on your 920 again. (apparently the build of the phone makes this piece pretty easy to become disconnected which is why we see a lot of this issue from various 920 owners). I hope this helps, if you need further instruction/pictures let me know.

Reactions: boril

db504L920

Feb 22, 2014
I had this issue with a replacement Lumia 920 that I ordered online. To fix this you will first need a t5 torx screwdriver in order to remove the two screws from the bottom of the device. Once those are out you have to pry the main body of the phone from the polycarbonate case and expose the bare backside (*giggle*). look to the upper right portion of the device for a really thin coaxial-esque cable... this is the antenna. To fix my issue I simply had to push the connector piece back into it's slot. There will be a firm but tiny click once this is properly inserted and you should now receive a signal on your 920 again. (apparently the build of the phone makes this piece pretty easy to become disconnected which is why we see a lot of this issue from various 920 owners). I hope this helps, if you need further instruction/pictures let me know.

if u can do a video tutorial would be amazin im dying with this problem , i love my phone and im not quitting on him plz let me know if u can plz do a video tutorial or pictures to guide ppl that have that same problem ty in advance

positiveg

Oct 17, 2012
Newton Ground

Hi there if you can also send me some pics etc on how to do this. that would be great.
I got this wife for my wife and have it for close to 5 months and it won't work.
And she really loves the phone
thanks
G

krdk

May 19, 2009
I have this same issue, although hitting the phone on my hand or flexing the phone will cause the service to come back until its jostled again. ive tried to find a connection with the antenna but no luck,

Feb 17, 2013
I have the same issue too...

At first I notice that my phone became hotter in my pocket and the battery drains quicker than usual.
After that I just thought maybe it was because of the bad signal on that area.
Then I got home and facing the same thing, my 920 still got "no service".
But I notice in the full signal area, my phone still can catch the signal. And when I get into the lesser signal area, all I got is "No service"
I've handed it up to the Nokia Care. And they fix it and cost me Rp.750.000 (US$60-65).
And still I'm having the same problem :crying:

erestes

Oct 27, 2014
Same problem, no connection on 3g, but 2g works fine

Hi,
I am having a similar issue with my unlocked lumia 920. While using it with 2G I have no problems, I can make phone calls and the internet although slow, works. Whenever I decide to switch to 3G it can no longer connect to the internet nor can I make/receive phone calls.
The antena cable is new and the signal for 3G shows 2-5 bars (but sometimes it looses the signal. Any hints??:confused:

Last edited:

tenssa

Jun 13, 2011

tnx very much for advice, i bought used lumia 920 yesterday and signal was very poor and often without reception then tried this and VOILA, there is now full 3G (H) signal in my room. When you push connector here is a smaaaaaaall *click* and thats almost sure sign it's reason for bad signal.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***I have the fix***