atom life killed gsm module?

Search This thread

nikon110

Mar 29, 2005
hi,

i need help. after i flashed my atom life o2 germany xda comet, the gms module doesn´t work. the problem i used this version: Xda_Atom_Life_WM6_WWE_RC2140907B2

i found the german rom dump and flashed via minisd.
Systeminfo:
IMEI: not ready

Version:
Radio: not ready

can i used another radio stack?
please can somebody help me?

TIA
NiKoN

scorpio16v

Oct 3, 2006
www.youtube.com
Hi again.
You PM'ed me, that you have flashed the Atom Life Rom.
But you've not talked about the missing radio and imei.
You've said, that you can't flash back the german Romdump.
Now you write, that you've done it.
You don't give full informations, and now you are crying for help ?
Without more and complete informations, I think no one can help.
How did you do the update ?
How did you solve to bypass the CID check ?
What's with the missing files you described in your PM ?
Did you flash it ?
There are many missing informations.

nikon110

Mar 29, 2005
sorry. i copied your 2 files on a minisd card.
my problem first,
if the telephone started to the bootloader menue on step 5 Burn mto/bt .... the telephone needed the file i mailed you.
if the minisdcard is connected and you enter the bootloader, it´s started automaticly without needing any files.

did you mean the cid while starting the upgrade process under windows?
if it´s this, i started the firmware .exe and on the second next to upgrade i clicked next and hold the downkey on my keyboard, bypass battery and active sync.

yes i flashed your dump, but it seems there is noch gms up/downgrade in your dump.

i hope o2 germany released a full german firmware so i can reactivatet my telephone radio stack.

TIA
NiKoN

jiggs

Jan 27, 2006
Hi again.
You PM'ed me, that you have flashed the Atom Life Rom.
But you've not talked about the missing radio and imei.
You've said, that you can't flash back the german Romdump.
Now you write, that you've done it.
You don't give full informations, and now you are crying for help ?
Without more and complete informations, I think no one can help.
How did you do the update ?
How did you solve to bypass the CID check ?
What's with the missing files you described in your PM ?
Did you flash it ?
There are many missing informations.

Additional info: bootloader checks file version and product version numbers; so, for the xda comet - the 12-byte header should be:
08 00 00 00 30 38 32 34 30 37 34 31 (hex)
ID: 08240741 (decimal)
The following files are responsible for boot up version check:
mxip_oem.dll
mxip_oem.ver

My particular interest is the ID. I have tried flashing my WWE Atom with a CHT ROM in Windows XP DSUU, and I only changed the 12-byte header of the CHT ROM to match my present device ROM. In this case, WWE. The flash finished successfully with all the CHT related files on my device.

Last edited:

scorpio16v

Oct 3, 2006
www.youtube.com
Additional info: bootloader checks file version and product version numbers; so, for the xda comet - the 12-byte header should be:
08 00 00 00 30 38 32 34 30 37 34 31 (hex)
Yes, but as I understand, he damaged the device while flashing the Atom Life ROM (No GSM/Imei).
That means, something was wrong while update.
I don't know, if it's possible to restore the Radio and Imei by flashing the complete update again.
If it has success, he can simply flash the Comet ROM by MiniSD.
I think, if he lost Imei and Radio, it won't be possible to fix the problem.

@ nikon110:
Have you ever tried to flash the Atom Life update again ?
Maybe the file is damaged ? Download it again.
I don't know, if it might be possible to flash the radio via MiniSD.

nikon110

Mar 29, 2005
hey... thx for help..

a view answers:

yes i tried to flash again. (nothing changes)
yes i downloaded the file again and the version before. (nothing changes)

after reflash Xda_Atom_Life_WM6_WWE_RC2140907B2
i got an o2 setup where i can choose the connection type (gsm)
but i missed some countries.
in the setup there are only chinese, australian and indian countries to choose.
nothing about the uk or others.
the automatic found nothing and the manager chooses australia and a provider from australia.
i copy vl1d_pda_Ver.mot to the minisd
i tried to flash via bootloader an minisd with point 5 burn MOT/BL via UART.
the the device show: Please insert Mini-SD card to start downloading.
after inserting minisd the device show:
-> Found Mini-SD
->Files check error, cannot download MOT.

now the question:
does anybody know how to create the MOT (it´s the radio stack i think after reading many sites) from a new german xda comet?

i think that´s the way to reactivate the radio stack. i hope so... :(

i missed my device...

NiKoN

PS: scorpio 16v. thanks for your german dump. but after flashing yours again ít seems that the radio stack isn´t in the dump... :(

PS: jiggs. i only got the original wwe exe. how can i remove the header?
or is it possible to expand the original wwe exe. i can´t found the temp files if the setup expand the files. any idea?

Last edited:

scorpio16v

Oct 3, 2006
www.youtube.com
i copy vl1d_pda_Ver.mot to the minisd
Where did you get this file ?
There isn't a .mot file in the Atom Life update !

PS: scorpio 16v. thanks for your german dump. but after flashing yours again ít seems that the radio stack isn´t in the dump... :(
No, the dump containes only OS and Extended ROM.
If you only flash OS and/or Extended ROM, this problem would never happen.

i can´t found the temp files if the setup expand the files. any idea?
You must start the update. Wait until the updateutility starts. Don't close it !
Go to Windows/Temp folder.Or better open it before, than you can see which files are extracted. Now you can copy all files to your prefered destination.
I think the file "amss.mbn" is the Radio, but I don't know if other files are needed too.
My tipp to you, flash back the german Dump and sent it back for fixing the problem.
And remember, if you ever want to change the ROM, flash only OS and/or Extended ROM via MiniSD.
Than, I believe, you'll never brick your device.

pepelu456

Nov 15, 2007
Hello,

I made the same mistake, as I updated the XDA Comet using the DSUU and of course the radio stack seems to be down. It could all be due to SIM-Locking, which enforces the radio part to remain down.

The question would be, whether it will turn out that updating the radio stack to the German one is possible ? Maybe as part of the Atom Life Kitchen research.

Thank you very much.

pepelu456

Nov 15, 2007
I decided to give the WWE 150507B2 a try and the situation has changed slightly, though of course it's by no means corrected.

T-Mobile (Germany) sim is recognized and I'm prompted to type my PIN in. After typing the PIN, the answer from the radio stack/WM6 (whoever might be) is: Unknown SIM Error and I'm asked to type my PIN once again.

System Info shows that both IMEI and Radio are "Not Ready".

A Vodafone (Germany) SIM is not even detected. (and yes it works in other handsets and worked before in XDA Comet).

Again, if the German radio stack could be dumped and the inserted in the temporary folder the DSUU uses, it could be an option to restore it. So if anyone could give a try at dumping it, I'd be more than glad to later perform the DSUU replacement test.

Best regards

star_wrx

Dec 4, 2007
Hello,

I made the same mistake, as I updated the XDA Comet using the DSUU and of course the radio stack seems to be down.

I find many life in asia , the radio is 2340, but the comet radio is 2350.
I use a updater only for 2340 to update my ppc. But feiled.:(
My Comet lost radio....

Can anybody help me to solve the problem....

Thank you very much.

pepelu456

Nov 15, 2007
There are 2 obvious solutions

1. O2 Germany publishing a DSUU with the original german software. IMHO the CD-Rom that comes with the XDA should have it included, just in case users want to flash back the device to its original state.

2. Someone being able to dump the radio stack from a German Comet. Of course, learning how to flash it back has to be done too.

Until either 1 or 2, I think that the best chance is to flash back German OS + Ext Rom and send it back to O2 for repair. They will obviously flash it back to the original state.

But I would like to avoid wasting a full month in the process of sending it to O2 and getting it back.

Regards

scorpio16v

Oct 3, 2006
www.youtube.com
There are 2 obvious solutions

1. O2 Germany publishing a DSUU with the original german software. IMHO the CD-Rom that comes with the XDA should have it included, just in case users want to flash back the device to its original state.

2. Someone being able to dump the radio stack from a German Comet. Of course, learning how to flash it back has to be done too.

Until either 1 or 2, I think that the best chance is to flash back German OS + Ext Rom and send it back to O2 for repair. They will obviously flash it back to the original state.

But I would like to avoid wasting a full month in the process of sending it to O2 and getting it back.

Regards

1. Why should O2 offer an Update to restore your device ?
To restore you only need a Hardreset. If you flash an other ROM, it's your problem and not O2's.

2.It's not possible to dump the Radio, sorry.

Many Atom Life user have changed their OS from chinese to english or reverse.
I don't know if they have all the same Radio.
For example, you can't downgrade an HTC Hermes with Radiobootloader 1.08 with an Radio with bootloader <1.08 it allways ends with a corrupt Radio.
Maybe it's the same with the Comet radio.
I think the only solution is the Service Center. :(

pepelu456

Nov 15, 2007
1. Why should O2 offer an Update to restore your device ?
To restore you only need a Hardreset. If you flash an other ROM, it's your problem and not O2's.

What if an application destroys the ability to restore the PDA even with a Hard reset? Virus have not striken hard the PDA world but they may do sooner or later and that might be one the undesired effects we may be facing.

Whenever I have bought a laptop, the manufacturer has always given me a recovery CD, either in the form of a full OS CD or a customized recovery CD.

Why should a PDA manufacturer be special and be able to avoid providing me
with a copy of the OS I paid for ? (even if the OS is given to me in such a form that I can only install it in my device)

I am not calling for an update, but the original version of the software that came with my device and I have paid for.

P.D.
It is of course my own fault if I flash the ROM and something goes wrong. Stimmt!

nikon110

Mar 29, 2005
today i got my repaired o2 comet back.

the services changes the pcb. it seems the romupdate killed the hardware.

thx for help scorpio16v 4ur rom dump ;)

NiKoN

akbarzai

May 20, 2010
Karachi
ppl help needed here badly... i'm in pakistan and i did MWg Atom Life on my o2 XDA Comet and my IMEI and Radio is missing what do i do... don't have any o2 center here what do i do