Droid 4 Update

Search This thread

MekaByte

Feb 11, 2010
I GOT IT!!!

It took a while, but I finally got the Superuser off of the phone! Rerooting now!

I got into ADB and finally didn't get rejected for file permissions. Then did the usual

su
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/system /system
rm /system/app/Superuser.apk
rm /system/xbin/su
rm /system/bin/su

In case anybody else has this problem, what I did was cut and paste the unroot script after the remount command in the root script and ran that. This finally cleared the botched root files, and I was able to re-root properly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The download has been pulled anyone have this file they can upload elsewhere?

http://db.tt/YIiI5SU3

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA
    Fastboot/Stock Recovery

To reset the data/cache you need to load into fastboot recovery. To do so:

1. Turn off your Droid 4
    2. Power on your Droid 4 while holding both volume keys in
    3. Your Droid 4 will boot into Fastboot (black and whit menu)
    4. It sounds funny, but press volume down, and then volume up and the screen will change to the motorola dual core logo(like 30 seconds), then load the android with a caution sign.
    5. At the android caution screen, simultaneously press the volume up and down buttons.
    6. Voila, you are in stock recovery, and you can wipe data/cache, or apply OTA updates manually. The volume keys control "UP" and "DOWN", whereas the power button acts as "ENTER"

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Basically what I did though, was mess around until I got the unroot exploit to make my superuser.apk dissappear. That is the key, once you are completely unrooted with no superuser.apk, you should be able to run the root exploit again.
    I wonder.... when you run the exploits, are you making sure your phone is in charge-only mode, and the screen is unlocked and on. Also, when it reboots, make sure to unlock your screen as well. I know it sounds silly, but hey, I felt it was hopeless in your situation and got root back, so GOOD LUCK!
    I'm new to this, what do you mean "fix the permissions?" My phone is rooted, so is this something that has to do with Superuser, or the build.prop itself?
    Ahh sorry I didn't reply quicker, just got back from dinner. If you notice when you look at the build.prop file in Root Explorer, it will have "permissions" listed next to it. The permissions for the build.prop file should be "rw-r--r--" but rumgool's file has permissions "---rwxr-x"

When you copy it over to the system folder, click "Mount R/W" then paste/overwrite the build.prop file, then long press the file and click "Permissions." Make sure all three boxes under the "Read" column are checked, and also that the first box (Owner) under "Write" is checked, and everything else is unchecked, then press OK.

Then make sure the permissions for the build.prop file now say "rw-r--r--" and hit the "Mount R/O" button.

Let us know if that helps