Kindle Fire Touch Screen NOT Working!!!!!

Search This thread

eevee93

Mar 23, 2013
Okay so i was not using my Kindle Fire(1st Gen) for a few months coz I forgot about it... but before storing it in my cupboard i thought of turning it off so that it does not keep losing its battery.. It was working perfectly fine when i left it last.. but i took it out a few days ago and switched it on and noticed that a part of the touch screen is not working at all... only the right side of the screen seems to respond properly.. and if i try to touch anything on the left it automatically presses something in the right corners or right edges of the screen... because of this i could not even get the screen to unlock... the slide arrow does not move to the left normally when i drag it... but with some effort i managed to unlock it.. the screen randomly presses things on the right even if i touch something on the left... like for example if i want to type something on the keyboard like "qwerty" then wen i try to press "q" it keeps pressing the extreme right letter in that row i.e "p".... i thought this was happening because of some app i downloaded so i tried uninstalling most of the new apps that i installed recently.... also because of this i cannot use the home and back button...
But i noticed that wen i turn the kindle and wen the screen rotates(When it is horizontal) i can access some things which i could not do when it is in its normal position(Vertical).. this is how i could uninstall the apps...
I dont understand what the problem is because it was working totally and perfectly fine the last time i used it.. and i had stored it in a proper place..
i have tried holding the power button and restarting it like a million times but its still the same every time... i dont know whats wrong with it...:crying:
i just wanted to use it after neglecting it for all this time and now its behaving like this... :( :(
i've tried troubleshooting but no one else seems to have such a problem..
returning it is out of the question coz i got it as a gift...

PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT OR TELL ME WHAT TO DO...... I JUST WANT IT TO BE NORMAL AGAIN!!!! :( :( :confused:

P.S. if this helps, the kindle is rooted(i think coz i can download stuff from the google play store and i can use cheat apps)..

serendipityguy

Oct 9, 2010
Sunny, CA
I would not give up

Okay so i was not using my Kindle Fire(1st Gen) for a few months coz I forgot about it... but before storing it in my cupboard i thought of turning it off so that it does not keep losing its battery..

1. I would not give up . . .
  2. I would let that puppy charge over night.
  3. return back to the basics and re flash the device like you did the first time around with the rom of your choice.
Weird things have happened and perhaps the auto rotate was uncheck or checked . . . Bad files were loaded . . . Weak Charge . . . .
I have order the factory cable from one of these threads here and will follow this route because I did something stupid and bricked my Kindle first gen device and now that computer will not acknowledge the device when I connect it to my PC, MAC . . . .

Once I get this puppy up and running, I will post a detail how to.

As long as you are seeing something on the screen, anything . . . then there is hope for ya buddy. . .

Look around the forums because we do have an older device and lots of those threads relating to our old device are barred.
Check out YouTube, there is a wealth of info there as well.

Best of luck and don't give up.

hemanth12

May 16, 2015
Exactly same problem

Hi
I am astonished to hear the same problem and same instances which lead to the problem and even the same set of measures taken to solve the problem with the same device..probably i can't find no one more similar in so many cases...

please help me by suggesting how u solved the issue or what is its present status..
need it urgently

Thank you

Amandaaa

May 31, 2015
Help!! same exact problem

hi
i am astonished to hear the same problem and same instances which lead to the problem and even the same set of measures taken to solve the problem with the same device..probably i can't find no one more similar in so many cases...

Please help me by suggesting how u solved the issue or what is its present status..
Need it urgently

thank you

have you had any luck with fixing this issue??????

eevee93

Mar 23, 2013
Yup its been more than a year since I posted this n now my kindle fire's touchscreen is totally unresponsive. I can't even unlock the screen anymore...
I really thought I would get a good answer when I posted this question on xda, but I guess I was wrong... :(
Only thing left to do now is take it and get it repaired at a shop....

mteach

Sep 1, 2015
Mine had same problems as did 2 replacement Kindle fire HD. The replacement problems were worse, so I returned them. This was under warranty. Now I cannot unlock it and warranty is over. Hope they.have notes about this issue. I have been toldI should replace the digitzer and screen. Cost is abbout $ 30 to do myself. Looks simple to do as demonstrated on you tube video.

Amandaaaa

Nov 8, 2015
Any luck?

Mine had same problems as did 2 replacement Kindle fire HD. The replacement problems were worse, so I returned them. This was under warranty. Now I cannot unlock it and warranty is over. Hope they.have notes about this issue. I have been toldI should replace the digitzer and screen. Cost is abbout $ 30 to do myself. Looks simple to do as demonstrated on you tube video.

Mine is also totally unresponsive.. Considering trying something like this ^.. Did it work for you?

Apr 5, 2017
So the other..I tried to root my Kindle 5th gen with that method of rooting on your website!guess it went wrong....my Kindle screen is literally not working ,just the screen can be switched on and off !! Somebody pls help!!

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire