FORUMS

Open NAT for tethering xbox

155 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By /b/rotherJudas, Senior Member on 1st February 2011, 01:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I need some help, as I'm kinda clueless with networking. I have an Ubuntu desktop connected to the same monitor my 360 is. I can connect to xbl a few different ways.

1. With the d-link wireless gaming adapter, set to adhoc mode, connected to my wifi tether.
2. USB/wifi tethering the desktop to my phone and sharing the internet connection with the Ethernet port where my Xbox is plugged in.

I've used, wifi tether for root users, barnacle (which supposedly allows port forwarding), built in USB and wifi tether (I'm on cm7 nightly with an HTC glacier)

I've managed to connect, but NAT is set to strict on all. Does anybody know how to change this? I don't know if there's a way to change this within the build.prop, or some other file?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. I just have no other internet connection.

#AngelFace#
13th February 2012, 07:09 AM |#2  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by /b/rotherJudas

I need some help, as I'm kinda clueless with networking. I have an Ubuntu desktop connected to the same monitor my 360 is. I can connect to xbl a few different ways.

1. With the d-link wireless gaming adapter, set to adhoc mode, connected to my wifi tether.
2. USB/wifi tethering the desktop to my phone and sharing the internet connection with the Ethernet port where my Xbox is plugged in.

I've used, wifi tether for root users, barnacle (which supposedly allows port forwarding), built in USB and wifi tether (I'm on cm7 nightly with an HTC glacier)

I've managed to connect, but NAT is set to strict on all. Does anybody know how to change this? I don't know if there's a way to change this within the build.prop, or some other file?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. I just have no other internet connection.

#AngelFace#

The lack of response really blows. I have the same exact issue and I cant fathom there not being a way around it . I'll keep looking and please let me know if you stumble upon something that works
14th February 2012, 05:32 AM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Flag Virginia beach
Thanks Meter: 3,765

Donate to Me
More
The "nat type strict" we see on xbox live, from reading around allot deals with the bandwidth(speed) of your internet. If you use fast wifi, your nat type will be ok, but if someone goes on your wifi an use the internet, it's slower. The internet speeds we get from the cell towers is no where fast enough to change it.

If I helped, give thanks, if you please.
........Death before dishonor........
Team inferno
Leader
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)