Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

rickystewart3

May 6, 2013
Help I9300i

I have a Clone Phone I9300i Build
e1901_v77_hy1_mt9p017_fwvga_20130412

I can't get some apps to open like netflix. Please Help

nlyang

Oct 30, 2012
Thanks!

Just wanted to post a thank you to the community. Recently installed CM10 on my HTC One X and am very much enjoying it.

Thanks!

furious555

May 3, 2013
Limassol
Open superuser app.
Menu» preferences» scroll down and you will see options. See one with su binary (click to check updates or something like that). It'll update automatically. If it is successful, it'll ask again for permissions for the superuser app itself. Grant it, if granted you'll come to know if you are rooted or not.

A Hero Can Be Anyone.

this is what i see in preferences... http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa369/furious555/Screenshot_2013-05-06-15-36-57_zps6cec8978.png

Also see this :-S
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa369/furious555/Screenshot_2013-05-06-21-46-23_zps47c9d0dc.png

Last edited:

07delta

Apr 27, 2013
Long Beach
tutorial unroot Samsung Tab 2 &GT3113PUECLK7

Anybody who can help me find the thread Tutorial how to unroot to factory stock my Samsung Tab 2 7 GT3113UECLK7 Im selling this to a
friend to upgrade to .Samsung Tab 10 just want to delete all my personal files, thanks

CliffordKT

Apr 21, 2013
Is there a chance of bricking, I was bricked twice.. Got out of it. Thanks Dev's. Is there a chance of bricking without being able to recover in download mode... "Hard bricked"?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

d-edge

May 6, 2013
Problems with allicance rom on N7100

Hi,

I just installed the alliance rom on my N7100 and did a full wipe, but OTA updates always end up in TWRP recovery and not being installed.

The installation got stuck on "installing samsung apps" or something like this, so I wiped the rom, and installed from TWRP.
after the first boot I re-Installed (with wipe) from rom customizer - And now I am facing the issue.

am I doing something wrong?

Many Thanks,

timmytucker718

May 7, 2013
I just ordered my VERY first Android phone today (still rocking a Nokia E5). I realized that the phone I got, Motorola razr maxx (GSM) does NOT have an unlockable bootloader. I tried searching the net and this forum for an answer, but didn't get quite what I was looking for, so , I apologize for being a noob.

I see here on the CM wiki that CM is available for my phone..... But then why is everybody saying you can't use Cynogenmod without an unlockable bootloader?

B

Bruce Wayne

This is what I was talking about.
jahu2apy.jpg

It's clear now. Your device doesn't have root access.:(

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

Is there a chance of bricking, I was bricked twice.. Got out of it. Thanks Dev's. Is there a chance of bricking without being able to recover in download mode... "Hard bricked"?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yes.
There are two kind of bricks.
Soft brick - you can recover through odin by download mode.

Hard brick - if download mode is not accessible, you can try usb jiggs to get into download mode, if not service center is your only option.

IcecreamNinja

May 7, 2013
CANNOT Install .APK files. Install button not working

I have a Rooted Nexus 4 with the latest Paranoid Android.

When I try to install .apk files I downloaded from my PC or a 3rd party app my phone will not allow me to touch the "Install" button.

I've troubleshooted for well over a hour and it led me to finally making this account to get some assistance

I have NO screen filters, battery apps or any of that stuff.

I have everything you're typical rooter/rom flasher has enabled so I CAN install 3rd party .APKs

PLEASE help me!

Thank You.

FIXED: FOR ANYONE THAT HAS THE NEWEST PA BUILD WITH HALO MAKE SURE YOUR HALO IS REMOVED BEFORE INSTALLING .APKs

Last edited:
Reactions: immortalneo

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
I just ordered my VERY first Android phone today (still rocking a Nokia E5). I realized that the phone I got, Motorola razr maxx (GSM) does NOT have an unlockable bootloader. I tried searching the net and this forum for an answer, but didn't get quite what I was looking for, so , I apologize for being a noob.

I see here on the CM wiki that CM is available for my phone..... But then why is everybody saying you can't use Cynogenmod without an unlockable bootloader?

AFAIK, u don't need to unlock ur bootloader to flash custom roms. It is only needed when you want to downgrade to a previous stock version.

To install CM, use this link:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_umts_spyder

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
Sent from my SGS II

timmytucker718

May 7, 2013
AFAIK, u don't need to unlock ur bootloader to flash custom roms. It is only needed when you want to downgrade to a previous stock version.

To install CM, use this link:

Sent from my SGS II

Awesome. Thanks pal. I found out that you really only need a unlocked bootloader to run custom ROMS that use custom kernals. But the main reason for custom kernals is to improve battery life, which isn't really a concern with my device.

There's too much misinformation out there saying its impossible to flash custom roms without a bootloader! Why is this such a popular notion?

Reactions: immortalneo

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
Awesome. Thanks pal. I found out that you really only need a unlocked bootloader to run custom ROMS that use custom kernals. But the main reason for custom kernals is to improve battery life, which isn't really a concern with my device.

There's too much misinformation out there saying its impossible to flash custom roms without a bootloader! Why is this such a popular notion?
I guess its because people tend to read less and guess more! :D

Sent from my SGS II

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
Anybody who can help me find the thread Tutorial how to unroot to factory stock my Samsung Tab 2 7 GT3113UECLK7 Im selling this to a
friend to upgrade to .Samsung Tab 10 just want to delete all my personal files, thanks
Try this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=39272182

Download the stock firmware for ur device if u have a different variant than the one given in this thread. :)

Sent from my SGS II

Mthegreat

May 7, 2013
LG l5

I flashed CM10.1 on my LG L5. Then i flashed rythm kernel which was supposed to compatible on CM10.1 using CWM recovery. It installed successfully but when i rebooted it showed just a screen with download is in progress do not disconnect the cable message and nothing is happening. When i connect it to PC it shows up as lGE android net usb modem and adb interface is not recognized. I just need to boot into the recovery mode which doesn't seem to be happening. Help me out ASAP

ichilouch

Apr 22, 2012
Mali 450 the octa core gpu vs the powerVR sgx 544 used on the galaxy s4? which is do you think better?

Bufff

Feb 27, 2011
I'm on galaxy 2

Before you flash a new rom. nandroid back up is always good to do.

What about Tatinum backup, once the back up is done, and when you do a full wipe, do you loose Tatinum backup because of full wipe?

Cheers

B

Bruce Wayne

I'm on galaxy 2

Before you flash a new rom. nandroid back up is always good to do.

What about Tatinum backup, once the back up is done, and when you do a full wipe, do you loose Tatinum backup because of full wipe?

Cheers

No. As both the backups are stored on internal/external sdcard.

When you do a data wipe, only /data & /cache folders are wiped. Your sdcard will remain safe until you choose to format it.

Bufff

Feb 27, 2011
Thanks Bruce for your quick repsone.

....another thing i wanted to ask you was...

I'm using I9100XWLSS_NeatROM_Lite_v4.7, now it is easy to change between kernels or do i need to follow certain steps.

For example neatrom comes with Phil Kernel what if I want Dorimanx. Do I just go in recovery flash zip kernel file?? or something else needs to be done, and after that if I don't like dorimanx kernel do i just flash back to Phil from recovery zip file??

Cheers

Top Liked Posts