TyTN II USB Drivers?

Search This thread

DVS_WiNdz

Sep 22, 2007
My TyTN II isn't being detected by on my PC.. I've tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling everything, but no luck.

Where can I find USB drivers for the TyTN II? I don't recall installing it when I first got my phone, but someone suggested it, but I can't find it anywhere.

Farsquidge

Feb 5, 2006
Abu Dhabi
My TyTN II isn't being detected by on my PC.. I've tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling everything, but no luck.

Where can I find USB drivers for the TyTN II? I don't recall installing it when I first got my phone, but someone suggested it, but I can't find it anywhere.

Are you connected via a non-powered USB hub as this can sometimes cause a problem.

Have you tried a different USB cable? I spent a day trying to resolve the same problem on my Universal a couple of years back, only to find the cable was at fault. :)

EDIT: Did find one other thing a few months back. I installed one of those business card scanners to my laptop and found that whenever it was plugged in, my phone was no longer recognised.. Seems the scanner was pulling all the available USB power for itself.

Last edited:

maherb

Dec 1, 2007
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Did you try changing the advanced settings for the USB-PC connection? I have had that, when I uncheck that box all is good.
Start->settings->connections->USB to PC-> uncheck Enable advanced network functionality

HTH

Farsquidge

Feb 5, 2006
Abu Dhabi

I know this may sound stupid but you are using Activesync aren't you?

I just ask this as you have not mentioned it. A WM device will not be just recognised as a USB device like a printer or other peripheral.

DVS_WiNdz

Sep 22, 2007
Did you try changing the advanced settings for the USB-PC connection? I have had that, when I uncheck that box all is good.
Start->settings->connections->USB to PC-> uncheck Enable advanced network functionality

HTH

Tried that.. didn't work also.. do you remember if you had to install USB drivers for your TyTN II when you first got it? cause I don't remember..

DVS_WiNdz

Sep 22, 2007
If you have tried it with three different PC's then it does sound as if the port on the phone may be at fault.

One last question, did it work before at all?

Anyone else with any ideas :confused::confused::confused:

Yes I've been using it for 4 months and had no problems. The port on my phone works, I've been using my headset and it charges when I plug it into my PC.

Farsquidge

Feb 5, 2006
Abu Dhabi
Yes I've been using it for 4 months and had no problems. The port on my phone works, I've been using my headset and it charges when I plug it into my PC.

Take a magnifier and look at the port under a good light. See if everything looks OK.

Also check another thread close to this one regarding battery drain whilst connected. Could be that you have a damaged port and it shows different symptoms to theirs.

Someone on that thread says it costs $80 for a repair but hang about a few days, someone may come up with a better answer for you.

Hope you get it sorted. :)

DVS_WiNdz

Sep 22, 2007
Take a magnifier and look at the port under a good light. See if everything looks OK.

Also check another thread close to this one regarding battery drain whilst connected. Could be that you have a damaged port and it shows different symptoms to theirs.

Someone on that thread says it costs $80 for a repair but hang about a few days, someone may come up with a better answer for you.

Hope you get it sorted. :)

Port looks fine.. but my batteries draining.. This started 2 weeks ago.. and I've been charging fine.

chrisnash

Jun 21, 2006
London
I really think there is something going on here - I am starting to see loads of threads relating to this.
I am also having problems syncing suddenly. Started about 2 weeks ago. I have dual boot on my laptop - vista/XP and my Kaiser wont sync with either anymore.
It seemed to be charging fine up until yesterday when I again suddenly couldnt charge it from anything other than the official charger. Before that I had charged it on pretty much anything - my proporta power supply, sync cable attached to a USB plug, blackberry charger.
If its hardware then there is obviously a weakness with the USB connection as so many people seem to be experiencing similar things.
Maybe time to contact HTC although after their response to the video drivers, wouldnt hold up much hope.

Farsquidge

Feb 5, 2006
Abu Dhabi
I really think there is something going on here - I am starting to see loads of threads relating to this.
I am also having problems syncing suddenly. Started about 2 weeks ago. I have dual boot on my laptop - vista/XP and my Kaiser wont sync with either anymore.
It seemed to be charging fine up until yesterday when I again suddenly couldnt charge it from anything other than the official charger. Before that I had charged it on pretty much anything - my proporta power supply, sync cable attached to a USB plug, blackberry charger.
If its hardware then there is obviously a weakness with the USB connection as so many people seem to be experiencing similar things.
Maybe time to contact HTC although after their response to the video drivers, wouldnt hold up much hope.

Yep, crishnash, I think you are seeing the same as I am..:eek:

DVS_WiNdz

Sep 22, 2007

hmm.. right now I can still charge through the computer, I hope it doesn't come to that, cause I charge using computers very frequently.

antjmon

Aug 28, 2006
Dunbar, WV
May seem silly to ask but have ou tried rebooting your computer and soft resetting your phone? (I have to soft reset mine about once every other day or this same thing happens to me.

Farsquidge

Feb 5, 2006
Abu Dhabi
May seem silly to ask but have ou tried rebooting your computer and soft resetting your phone? (I have to soft reset mine about once every other day or this same thing happens to me.

Yep done the standard stuff with people for the last 8 months. Whereas it may or may not be attributable with this problem... I am trying to collate data.
Trouble is, a trend is starting to occur with damaged (PHYSICALLY) mini-USB ports that are not done by the old 'Sticking the stylus in the port'.

There is a trend of failure when using a STANDARD mini-usb connector in this port. It is a non-standard connection so if failure occurs it needs to be rectified.

Hey, I aint doin a lawsuit, I am just working on a free refurb and advising HTC to modify AS IT SHOULD BE!!! :)