[dev] USB MASS STORAGE on Sony Tablet S!

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Just want you to know, that I've for first, successfully
    started USB MASS STORAGE mode on Sony Tablet S!!!
    Without any additional software!
    That USB MODE is not even available in system settings,
    system notification on the device says:
    "Connected as an installer" lol.

Gonna figure everything out, to be an easy to use :)
    ...and most probably I will add this feature in next AiO :)

massstoragesony.png

imag0216vm.jpg

Its a good day :D

br
    condi
    actually thats an ics feature available on storage menu
    Nope, you're wrong. Do you think that I would spend some hours on trying to do something which is already done?

Doesn't UMS normally leads to new drives appearing on the PC's file explorer, like while inserting an USB key?
    Oh Nesquick - one more example :) Try to open some file directly from 'mtp drive' - some .doc etc, modify it, and try to save it. You will not.
    Its been copied to tmp dir, no 'direct access'.
    Thats why I hate MTP mode.

Current state of my USB Mass Storage mode is which needs one reboot after running. Im trying to find the solution for direct change.
    If we would have kernel access, then it would work already..
    But we dont. To be continued :)

br
    condi
    He's running ics with Kernel 9. Newest is kernel 10 which is unrootable(?) at this point. That's why he's got the update notification

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Sorry, but you completely missed the point. With Condi's AIO Tools you may spoof the device for system update to see it as an older firmware, it's also a part of a rescue-backdoor (but not the necessary part).
    Doesn't UMS normally leads to new drives appearing on the PC's file explorer, like while inserting an USB key?

In the case of the tablet, one drive for the internal SD card, another for the external one if there's one inserted...

The "gadget" link shown by your screenshots is neither what we expect for a MTP link. It reminds me what I see when connecting a device in fastboot mode.

But well... We will know all the story in next AiO! ;)

OK then, for example - show me how you are working with your external SD on MTP mode, of course without taking it out and putting in card reader?
    It will be also helpful for Linux and Mac OS users.

The 'gadget' is just as I expected to be.
    Also 'gadget' reminds me a nice cartoon from my childhood - inspector gadget :D :p

Below is a quick video, sorry for quality and shaking hand lol: