FORUMS

[DEVDB][TWRP][PhilZ Touch] XZDualRecovery 2.8.26 RELEASE

5,379 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,424

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from [NUT]: The installer contains a ROOT EXPLOIT, this will trip A/V tools (e.g. ESET NOD32), disable it to download!!
28th July 2013, 01:53 PM |#511  
Flag Beijing, China
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT]

Please help me help you by doing 2 things:
1) let me know what apps you tried and
2) test it with another recovery to make sure it's XZDualRecovery causing it as sole package...

-Edit-

Tried andoid sensor box from Play... It's free and works for me...

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

Just tried with 2.6, got the same thing.
In Light Meter v.4:
"Light sensor data are not available."
After following XZDR removal instructions, they're back again, right as rain.
28th July 2013, 02:40 PM |#512  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cyberspace and the Universe

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_SUSE

Just tried with 2.6, got the same thing.
In Light Meter v.4:
"Light sensor data are not available."

Hmm.. Weird, it just works for me?

28th July 2013, 02:46 PM |#513  
Flag Beijing, China

More
Quote:

Hmm.. Weird, it just works for me?

Any logs I could help you with? Just tell me where to find them.

I'm having a bit of a tough time finding a different recovery for this firmware. I tried an old doomkernel for 253 but it bricked my phone. I really don't see that many options for this firmware.
28th July 2013, 09:17 PM |#514  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Any logs I could help you with? Just tell me where to find them.

I'm having a bit of a tough time finding a different recovery for this firmware. I tried an old doomkernel for 253 but it bricked my phone. I really don't see that many options for this firmware.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375042549270.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	2149503
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375042566077.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	2149504

Hmm... As you can see, they both work just fine for me... All of the sensors do... What you have is really awkward...

28th July 2013, 11:10 PM |#515  
Thanks Meter: 3,982

More
I can add that the light sensor doesn't appear to work for me either.

I haven't tried removing the recovery to see if that fixes it.
Edit : The ambient light sensor test via the service menu returns an empty value.

Something is not right.
Just for info, I have a C6603 on sw version 10.3.A.0.423 generic ES, customisation number 1270-6697. Rooted and dual recovery installed. No other mods or other alterations to /system.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
29th July 2013, 02:33 AM |#516  
Flag Beijing, China

More
Quote:

Hmm... As you can see, they both work just fine for me... All of the sensors do... What you have is really awkward...

Well, sure...insofar as any unexpected, apparently completely inconsistent bug might be considered "awkward". Attributing Dalvik scanning on every boot seemed more consistent than this problem does, and that wasn't even it, as it turns out.
But I've eliminated every other posibility. Not having the flight meter really irked me , so I flashed to a stock kernel that I knew worked with the light meter, first thing after flashing and general set-up was to install GPS Status &Tollbox so I could check the light meter, which worked. Then I went through *40* individual steps, robooting the phone between each step, checking the light meter, then logging the update and light meter check.
The penultimate update, before the final update of restoring Titanium backup and cleaning up after that, was the XZDR.
After 40 reboots and checks after each update, it was the XZDR that took out my light meter. Removing XZDR per instructions brought back the light meter in every case, multiple apps tested, under 2 different versions of XZDR.
Now it appears we have it on both Z and ZL.

Here's a random idea:
Write this as an app, that when switched "on" writes all the files (the ones deleted/renamed during the XZDR removal) into their correct place, then when instructed boot into either CWM or TWRP from system shutdown. After finishing in recovery, phone reboots into recovery switched "off" mode, with all the files mentioned before renamed to stock or deleted*.
*Or better yet just renamed.
31st July 2013, 09:59 PM |#517  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 319

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godjak

Hi everybody,
i've just installed the DualRecovery on my Xperia Z. Everything works just fine until the reboot.By the guide it seems that after the reboot the phone must enter automaticaly in CWM recovery,than i must reboot to system so the installation can complete.

But after the reboot the XZ stays with turned on black/blank screen and is not doing anything,the CMD stays on the line waiting the phone to reconnect to finish the process.I wait and i wait and after a while still connected i rebooted the phone.It booted normaly,everything seems to be ok ,and the CMD process said that installation is completed successfully.I tried several times to enter the CWM mode but i'm always getting this blank screen,but in fact i can enter in TWRP and i execute reboot to system from within.

So my question is ,what did i do wrong or how should i proceed from now to get this dual recovery working as it should.

Picked up my Xperia Z last night woop woop

I'm having the same issue as godjak i.e. I can't boot into CWM.. but TWRP is fine. I followed the instructions in the OP and then tried a couple of times and searched before posting here. Any ideas?

My setup: rooted, locked, superuser and running unbranded .434
1st August 2013, 02:05 AM |#518  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:

Same here: with DualRecovery light sensor doesn't work; without DualRecovery light sensor work.
C6603 with 10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware.
1st August 2013, 07:12 AM |#519  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
With the update to .244 my phone started doing the same, so now I have something to really test on...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [NUT] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [NUT] Ad-Free
1st August 2013, 09:48 AM |#520  
Flag Yokosuka
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:

With the update to .244 my phone started doing the same, so now I have something to really test on...

That said would it better to stay on 10.3.A.0.423 until you get things sorted out?
1st August 2013, 10:05 AM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 3,982

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancebuks

That said would it better to stay on 10.3.A.0.423 until you get things sorted out?

I had the problem on 423, so it doesn't seem dependant on firmware version.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to kingvortex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kingvortex Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, doomkernel, locked bootloader, recovery, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread