Thanks Meter: 73

By vgergo, Senior Member on 11th April 2014, 10:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd September 2014, 12:10 PM |#71  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
I am sorry, the labor day Sale has ended, I fogott to update the thread title.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3rd September 2014, 04:44 PM |#72  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
TN Companion app
I am getting a lot of different request to add more triggering type of controls into Touchless Notifications:
  • don't show full screen notifications when this or that app is running
  • enable voice announcements when a certain wifi is connected
  • show or not show notifications when connected to a specific bluetooth device
  • turn off shake to mute when a wired headset is connected
  • etc

These things can all be accomplished using Tasker and the intents I published a few pages earlier. Also documented in the built in user guide: http://notifications.dataglobe.eu/index.html#tasker

I would be very hesitant to further increase the complexity of the settings in Touchless Notifications. On the other hand I started to think about creating sort of a companion app which would be an optional upgrade and would contain some specific solutions to these trigger type requests. You could control some of the most important settings (or all of them?) based on tasker like triggers:
  • specific wifi connected
  • specific bluetooth device connected
  • specific app running in the foreground
  • specific time of day

I am a little ambivalent towards this though, as the tasker/intent control is pretty straight forward, and I don't see any reason to redo a dumbed down Tasker.

What do you think?
4th September 2014, 11:00 PM |#73  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Tasker plugin
The new beta version is available for Beta testers (join the Google+ community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...29964200965231)

New v2.02beta1
►proper Tasker / Locale plugin

No more funky intents needed (though they will continue to work in future releases) - I finally got myself to implement a clean, easy to understand Tasker plugin, with which you can set up all kinds of special triggers and behaviours:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshots_2014-09-04-22-04-23 (Medium).png
Views:	30
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	2924845

A little youtube tutorial is coming up, but here are the basics:
→Add action to a task using the "+" in the bottom
→it's in the Plugin group called "Touchless Notifications"
→click the pencil for configuration
→place a checkmark next to the setting(s) you want the action to change
→select the value for the setting from the drop down list which appears on the right

Currently the 6 settings are included which were made available via intents, but more can be added very easily. Let me know if you would like to control any other app setting.

5th September 2014, 07:24 PM |#74  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Blacklist by phrase + Pronunciation dictionary
New additions in the new beta version: v2.02beta2, available for Beta testers in the Play Store

►blacklist notifications by search phrases
►pronunciation correction dictionary
►fixed a bug which sometimes prevented the phone to go back to sleep after it woke to announce a notification

First: you can exclude specific notifications without blacklisting the app completely, for example notifications from a certain contact

Second: _if your text to speech engine doesn't give you this option (SVox does) you can now list words and their phonetic replacements if the TTS engine has trouble pronouncing them.

See the screenshots below for a few examples

Click image for larger version

Name:	phrases.png
Views:	29
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	2925875

Be careful with these settings: if you add something too broad, you might exclude more than you intended.

You can get pretty funny results if you are not careful enough with a choice of replacement word: "mn" will correct "damned" to "daMinnesotaed" → a better choice would be "mn " (followed or preceded by a space) or "MN" capital (which will only match capitals)
8th September 2014, 03:46 AM |#75  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Is there a setting that let's this app record input through Bluetooth? I'm having trouble with the voice recognition because it's using my phone's microphone instead of my head unit's microphone.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
8th September 2014, 06:01 AM |#76  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Re: BT reply by voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y.G.

Is there a setting that let's this app record input through Bluetooth? I'm having trouble with the voice recognition because it's using my phone's microphone instead of my head unit's microphone.

Does the announcement come from the bluetooth headset? Have you set the audio stream to bluetooth? see http://notifications.dataglobe.eu/index.html#stream
8th September 2014, 07:05 PM |#77  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgergo

Does the announcement come from the bluetooth headset? Have you set the audio stream to bluetooth? see http://notifications.dataglobe.eu/index.html#stream

Yes the announcement comes in over my car speakers (bluetooth).

I currently have the audio stream set to default (media). I'll set it to BT Mono. I'm on KitKat though. Don't know if that makes a difference since it said that mode may not be compatible.
8th September 2014, 10:18 PM |#78  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Quote:

Yes the announcement comes in over my car speakers (bluetooth).

I currently have the audio stream set to default (media). I'll set it to BT Mono. I'm on KitKat though. Don't know if that makes a difference since it said that mode may not be compatible.

Please try to switch it to BT Mono. Even if this breaks the announcement on 4.4 it would be helpful for me to know if this setting fixes the input through BT (because then I can use the BT part for the reply if BT is connected even if Media stream selected)
10th September 2014, 04:10 AM |#79  

More
Quote:

Please try to switch it to BT Mono. Even if this breaks the announcement on 4.4 it would be helpful for me to know if this setting fixes the input through BT (because then I can use the BT part for the reply if BT is connected even if Media stream selected)

The reply feature didn't work at all when it was set to bluetooth.
10th September 2014, 08:18 AM |#80  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Quote:

The reply feature didn't work at all when it was set to bluetooth.

Thank you for the report, I am looking into it
11th September 2014, 01:58 AM |#81  

More
Quote:

Thank you for the report, I am looking into it

No problem, glad to help.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)