[MOD] Nexus 7 UI v2.0 (StatBar & Navbar - Slimline) 25/Nov/2012 MZ604 | MZ602 | MZ601

Search This thread

LOGMD

Jun 22, 2010
London

Thanks i qas quite shocked lol! i was showing a friend my mod at uni and when i hit the homepage was like 'that image looks farmiliar'

Yeah, this method should work on any AOSP based 4.1+ rom on any tablet. I only own a Xoom, so I can't be 100% sure about other tablets. The dpi threshold where it switches from tablet UI to phablet UI might be different on different tablets.

Also, my mod doesn't search for a specific dpi. I have a wildcard in there.

yeah true, but i guess if its aosp its based of pure google source so surely it should switch. im trying to find a way to switch without dpi change... there must be a way somehow

rmkilc

Nov 12, 2011
Vancouver, WA
www.rmkilc.com
Thanks i qas quite shocked lol! i was showing a friend my mod at uni and when i hit the homepage was like 'that image looks farmiliar'

yeah true, but i guess if its aosp its based of pure google source so surely it should switch. im trying to find a way to switch without dpi change... there must be a way somehow

In this thread, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1780970, the first post shows how to adjust the triggering points.

LOGMD

Jun 22, 2010
London
Does this make some apps not compatible?

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium HD app

yeah, i have been meaning to find a multi-dpi play store for the xoom, maybe some from the s2 would work. it only makes apps incompatible in the sense that you wont be able to see them in the play store, they will work fine if youve already downloaded them

Echo113

Jan 17, 2011
Pittsburgh!! 412!!
yeah, i have been meaning to find a multi-dpi play store for the xoom, maybe some from the s2 would work. it only makes apps incompatible in the sense that you wont be able to see them in the play store, they will work fine if youve already downloaded them

Yeah I got that, it's just you won't be able to update them.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MOD] Nexus 7 UI v2.0 (StatBar & Navbar - Slimline) 25/Nov/2012 MZ604 | MZ602 | MZ601

NOTE: FInally got some time to release an update - will be focusing on EOS3 STABLE for MZ604 for now, am still updating my tool, check changelog for update

Development on pause (or very slow progress) due to my being in my final year at university and my dissertation is just taking TOO much time! will return to my beloved droids when i get the time :'(!!

NexUI v2.0
    NEXUI_zpse8ea9369.png

What does it do: Combine Navbar with the Phablet style status bar to give a more Nexus7 feel

Current features:
    • framework.apk for specific device/rom combos (to be pushed to system)
    • slim NavBar
    • StatBar (same dpi as Navbar symmetrical)
    • CWM flashable ZIP
    • use the ZIP to change DPI also

Plans:
    • Single Zip download and autorecognise device per rom
    • some requests features
    • Support MZ602 & Roms

TESTED ON:
    - I USE WINGRAY... i can not test for MZ602 or MZ601 versions!

-CodenameAndroid v3.5.0(MZ604 Wingray: working) (OTHERS: N/A)
    -CM10 nightlys(MZ604 Wingray: working) (OTHERS: N/A)
    -EOS3 Nightly's(MZ604 | MZ601: working) (MZ602: N/A)

WARNING:
    - PLEASE SELECT APPROPRATE "framework-res.apk" FOR YOUR ROM BUILD i.e. EOS3 use EOS3 link!
    - PLEASE SELECT APPROPRIATE download for your HARDWARE BUILD (ie wingray stingray)
    - DO NOT TRY on anything other than the above unless you know what you are doing
    - STRONGLY reccomend you have at least 10MB space on /system partition, use a root explorer to check
    (i usually execute "adb shell rm /system/media/video" to clear some space)
    - I did everything using ADB on windows so try the adb methods if it does not work

- STEPS TO RECOVER FROM BOOTLOOP (win7, quickest methods first... only do the next step if the previous did not work)

A: using the original framework-res.apk
    "adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system"
    "adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework" (make sure you point to the framework-res.apk folder in your pc)
    "adb reboot"

B: reflash CURRENT rom without wipe and reboot (also Gapps if not CM10)

INSTRUCTIONS:
    (Repeat i am not responsible for bootloops etc but i will share my knowledge on fixing as far as i know)

v1.0+ EASY
    -NANDROID/framework-res/build.prop backup
    -DOWNLOAD zip for your XOOM Model/Rom combo (VERY IMPORTANT)
    -Flash through CWM recovery

Pre v1.0
    - NANDROID and framework-res backup
    - Replace framework-res (will make flashable zip soon) [use ADB or root explorers]
    - Reboot (if you get bootloop please report, send your old framework back or reflash rom without wipe)
    - mod dpi (proppmodder £0.60 or edit build.prop to 180dpi or over)

DIY: do the mods yourself:

*** Written guide coming soon... ;)

- In the meantime, CLICK HERE for a windows script to do this all for you!
    --download
    --unzip
    --follow instruction on redme ;)

Download: ("file > download" for google docs)

MZ604-----------------------------------------
    *EOS3 STABLE v2.0

*EOS3 N v1.1 (nightly 131)
    *CM10 N v1.1 (nightly 19SEP2012)
    *CodeName v0.3 (v3.5.0)

MZ602-----------------------------------------
    *EOS3 N --
    *CM10 N -- v1.1 (nightly 20SEP2012)
    *CodeName --

MZ601-----------------------------------------
    *EOS3 N v1.1 (nightly 114)
    *CM10 N --
    *CodeName --

screenshots
    Screenshot_2012-09-21-00-52-58_zps21cefa1b.png
    Screenshot_2012-09-21-00-51-40_zps52739bc7.png

Screenshot_2012-09-21-00-52-17_zps4bf55f04.png

Screenshot_2012-09-21-00-47-31_zps361a720a.png

Changelog:
    Code:
    v2.0 25th Nov 2012
    -EOS3 Stable support
    -Multi DPI Play Store ported from i9100 (thanks to [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4534385"]MyLifeRocks10[/URL] | [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1839871"]thread here[/URL]) 

v1.1a 21 Sep 2012
    -Added support for EOS3 MZ601
    -Added support for CM10 MZ602
    -Added DIY script

v1.0 20th Sep 2012 (CM10 ONLY)
    -Flashable Zip (Navbar mod & dpi to 180 mod)
    -Made both statusbar and navbar 32dp for symmetric display

v0.4 19th Sep 2012
    - Support for CM10 WINGRAY Nightly
    - CM10 Stock Navbar only

v0.3 19th Sep 2012
    - Support for EOS3 WINGRAY nightly 143 added (may work on earlier/later version)
    - EOS3 version is 48DPI navbar and stock DPI status bar

v0.2 19th Sep 2012
    - Lockscreen Rotation Enabled *** (still not working in codenameandroid)
    - smaller navbar dpi (avoids accidental hitting spacebar when typing)

v0.1 19th Sep 2012
    - Support for codenameandroid WINGRAY
    - enabled bar in bools.xml
    Last but not least THANKS!:
    - CM10 Wingray tester matt4321
    I am uploading a version for CM10 most recent WINGRAY nightly could you try it out? if you are using Stingray ill try extract a stingray version and edit it later thanks!

Yeah I'm on wingray, I'll give it a whirl for you

I'll report back in a little bit
    Thanks!

Yeah I'm on wingray, I'll give it a whirl for you

I'll report back in a little bit

cheers mate, im off out now anyways but soon will have a flashable zip, if you want anymore small mods give us a shout i can change the bools.xml to try a couple of things
    EOS3 Nightly 114 MZ601

Thx. Well, mainly I use EoS. but now i am experimenting CNA as I am doing some mods on it. so, your guide will be appreciated mate :)
    is it only bools.xml that you change? or some smali too?

I just released a version for the latest MZ601 UMTS Everest EOS3 nightly give it a try. i edit the build.prop for the dpi, and its Bools.xml to change enable navbar, and then dimens.xml for the size of statusbar/navbar hope it helps!
    Don't you have a better way to share the files? I don't want to create an account and log in to some random website to download the zips.

i will reupload to google docs :) check tomorrow should be done mate