Disclaimer:
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
 * war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some 
 * research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

Krexus was born out of a simple necessity. The latest releases of stock Android (namely lollipop and marshmallow) were pretty close to my idea of a perfect android ROM, yet missing some elements, which are meant to be included in stock Android, at least for me. Starting from a clean AOSP environment, only specific features and fixes are included, which are personally tested, with one goal in mind. To create a stock like android ROM, "as it should be".

This means, and I mean it, a ROM like how stock nexus image should be, for me.

This isn't going to get bloated. Most UI "features" are already there.
This isn't going to start picking commits relentlessly, I will test them personally and only add things that 1) work like they should 2) would fit in a stock ROM.
This isn't going to be updated very quickly. Only security and bug fixes will be pushed out ASAP.
This is going to follow Google's & AOSP guidelines as closely as I can.

And lastly, this is first and foremost a ROM about Nexus 5 (hammerhead). This is my personal device, this is where I test the ROM. angler, bullhead, flo, mako, shamu builds are provided AS-IS, and bugs/missing stuff/features especially for them will be put on the lowest priority and will depend on my free time. I will only guarantee the nexus 5 ROM and its abilities.

That said, welcome aboard! :)

Google+ Community
Krexus website
PushBullet Channel

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
AndroidFileHost
CHANGELOG

Last edited:

GtrCraft

Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2013
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F1
Important Message

When @KreAch3R showed me this rom, I really wanted it for grouper because of the close to stock implementation.
It runs very well on the aging tablet and is a good way of experiencing Marshmallow like it should be from Google.

I want to thank @KreAch3R for the help and support he gave me.

Useful tweaks for better performance:

journaling off (flash jubei_test_script_remove_journal.zip)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2280496
or
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64429384&postcount=122

Trimmer (set auto trim every day)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fifthelement.trimmer
or

Parrotmod:

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-7/orig-development/parrotmod-speed-2012-nexus-7-emmc-fix-t3300416

Background processes set to 4 in Settings --> Developer Options

Enjoy!!!

Last edited:

GtrCraft

Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2013
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F1
Another Important Message
This will be the post where I am going to write any new updates for my ROM. First of all, welcome! :)

For XDA, this is a new ROM. But for Google+, it isn't. I been testing it and releasing some builds in this private community, so be sure to ask to join for the latest info! I created this thread to let more people try my ROM, now that I feel it is in an almost perfect condition.
As as I said, my idea is to create a better stock ROM, and this is my target goal.

Another of my target goals is to make the release of a new build almost automated. Right now, the compilation of the 6 devices build list is finishing, and is uploaded to basketbuild, with clever smart scripts. :) This also updates the changelog in my site, so I don't have to write a new post everytime a new build is released. Everything should work!

Speaking of releases, the ROM comes with an updater, so you don't even have to check the community or this thread for new links. But follow the pushbullet channel if you want!

I've been copy/pasting information for the past half hour, so this new thread is bound to have mistakes and inconsistencies. Let me know and I'll fix it! :D

Some other important points:
  • You have to flash SuperSU and GApps.
  • If you have a question, you should check out google+, in case it's there.
  • For the Devs: check my vendor folder, I have been developing some automation scripts which I think, you will like!
  • I am an one man team, sorry for any slow responses.
  • Yes, this ROM is released for 6 devices, not hammerhead only. You can grab the zips from Basketbuild. I haven't created XDA thread for them (yet) because I don't own them.
  • I hope you like the ROM!!!

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
Man, this rom really runs great. Nice to have a guy like George G. at the helm. As always @GtrCraft, thanks for your exceptional work on grouper and good luck on any other exams you may have.

Mike T

Reactions: KreAch3R

adeelraj

Oct 16, 2011
Karachi
Enable attribute inspection in developer option it will enhance performance a lot

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dvgb173

I couldn't get this to load on my grouper. Stuck on Google screen.
Coming from your CM13 ROM. Using TWRP 2.8.7.0
I tried wiping System - no go.
Any trick to this?
EDIT: Is this the issue where one needs to revert from CM to be able to flash non-CM roms? Seems I had this problem with other devices and earlier OSes.

Last edited:

GtrCraft

Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2013
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F1
I couldn't get this to load on my grouper. Stuck on Google screen.
Coming from your CM13 ROM. Using TWRP 2.8.7.0
I tried wiping System - no go.
Any trick to this?
EDIT: Is this the issue where one needs to revert from CM to be able to flash non-CM roms? Seems I had this problem with other devices and earlier OSes.

Can you try the previous build?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mNDoisG.png

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
     * war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some 
     * research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Krexus was born out of a simple necessity. The latest releases of stock Android (namely lollipop and marshmallow) were pretty close to my idea of a perfect android ROM, yet missing some elements, which are meant to be included in stock Android, at least for me. Starting from a clean AOSP environment, only specific features and fixes are included, which are personally tested, with one goal in mind. To create a stock like android ROM, "as it should be".

This means, and I mean it, a ROM like how stock nexus image should be, for me.

This isn't going to get bloated. Most UI "features" are already there.
    This isn't going to start picking commits relentlessly, I will test them personally and only add things that 1) work like they should 2) would fit in a stock ROM.
    This isn't going to be updated very quickly. Only security and bug fixes will be pushed out ASAP.
    This is going to follow Google's & AOSP guidelines as closely as I can.

And lastly, this is first and foremost a ROM about Nexus 5 (hammerhead). This is my personal device, this is where I test the ROM. angler, bullhead, flo, mako, shamu builds are provided AS-IS, and bugs/missing stuff/features especially for them will be put on the lowest priority and will depend on my free time. I will only guarantee the nexus 5 ROM and its abilities.

That said, welcome aboard! :)

Google+ Community
    Krexus website
    PushBullet Channel

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
    AndroidFileHost
    CHANGELOG
    Hello grouper users! @GtrCraft has done an amazing job with grouper, and I am glad he helped to port his ROM on it. I hope you enjoy it, for any problem let me or @GtrCraft know!
    Important Message

When @KreAch3R showed me this rom, I really wanted it for grouper because of the close to stock implementation.
    It runs very well on the aging tablet and is a good way of experiencing Marshmallow like it should be from Google.

I want to thank @KreAch3R for the help and support he gave me.

Useful tweaks for better performance:

journaling off (flash jubei_test_script_remove_journal.zip)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2280496
    or

Trimmer (set auto trim every day)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fifthelement.trimmer
    or

Parrotmod:

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-7/orig-development/parrotmod-speed-2012-nexus-7-emmc-fix-t3300416

Background processes set to 4 in Settings --> Developer Options

Enjoy!!!
    Another Important Message
    This will be the post where I am going to write any new updates for my ROM. First of all, welcome! :)

For XDA, this is a new ROM. But for Google+, it isn't. I been testing it and releasing some builds in this private community, so be sure to ask to join for the latest info! I created this thread to let more people try my ROM, now that I feel it is in an almost perfect condition.
    As as I said, my idea is to create a better stock ROM, and this is my target goal.

Another of my target goals is to make the release of a new build almost automated. Right now, the compilation of the 6 devices build list is finishing, and is uploaded to basketbuild, with clever smart scripts. :) This also updates the changelog in my site, so I don't have to write a new post everytime a new build is released. Everything should work!

Speaking of releases, the ROM comes with an updater, so you don't even have to check the community or this thread for new links. But follow the pushbullet channel if you want!

I've been copy/pasting information for the past half hour, so this new thread is bound to have mistakes and inconsistencies. Let me know and I'll fix it! :D

Some other important points:
    • You have to flash SuperSU and GApps.
    • If you have a question, you should check out google+, in case it's there.
    • For the Devs: check my vendor folder, I have been developing some automation scripts which I think, you will like!
    • I am an one man team, sorry for any slow responses.
    • Yes, this ROM is released for 6 devices, not hammerhead only. You can grab the zips from Basketbuild. I haven't created XDA thread for them (yet) because I don't own them.
    • I hope you like the ROM!!!
    Update:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24352994023707310

The January Nexus update has been added