[Q] 4.4.2 leaked FNAD: bootloop if wifi and 3g both active [no root]

Search This thread

marck_77

Feb 23, 2014
Hi all,

Some weeks ago I installed the first leaked 4.4.2 FNA1 from Samsung using Odin 3.9 (coming from official italian 4.3) and had no problems at all, except for little issues that all other FNA1 users were experiencing.

Yesterday decided to install the newer leaked 4.4.2 FNAD (always with Odin 3.9) and got this strange bootloop issue: the phone boots regularly after the upgrade but if I don't switch off either wifi or cellular it reboots (soft reboot, i.e. without asking Sim pin code) every minute or so.

If I switch off wifi or cellular it doesn't reboot and works perfectly.

Is there a solution I can try to solve this issue? Consider that I can't downgrade to the official 4.3 because 4.4.2 FNAD uses the new bootloader and I already tried the following things without changes:

- wipe data and cache from recovery mode
- re-flash FNAD
- flash FNA5 (the previous leaked): same behaviour

I know that I could try something rooting the phone (i.e. reinstall the old 4.3 or a modded ROM) but I would do it just in case it's the last chance I've got. My S4 i9505 has never been rooted. Knox counter is 0x0.

Many thanks to all of you.

marck_77

Feb 23, 2014
Solved!!!!!! For future reference the problem occured because during re-initialization I restored the cloud backup from the Samsung account and maybe it contained a setting that was not good anymore with the FNA5 and newer firmwares and caused this issue. I tried to re-initialize the s4 (after a full wipe) without restoring from the backup in the Samsung account and it worked. Now everything is perfect! :)

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk