Atrix 1080p Recording OlympusCamera App

Search This thread

mediavieja

Jun 3, 2010
I'd like to know that too, cause I'm using Aura 1.2.2.2 and my camara app is BlurCamera.apk (No Olympus apk on that folder)

pcrat

Oct 22, 2010
michigan
thats weird, i just hit install and it overwrote and reboot, and its got a new camera type, and has 1080P

Instructions say NOT to install, i did a titanium backup first. before i installed it too tho.

arislan

Sep 14, 2012
I am sorry guys for the noob question, but At my Motorola Atrix 4g AT&T I don't have OlympusCamera.apk file in system/app... I have even ran root search for the whole memomry and still nothing... please help! Thanks!

digisylk

Oct 10, 2012
Just seeing this and thanks for the post I downloaded it and tried it on my Motorola ATRIX 4g recording at 1088p and 60 frames per second flawless. No need to flash an update my rom is stock.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    View attachment 1.42_deodex_OlympusCamera.zip
    View attachment 1.57_deodex_OlympusCamera.zip
    View attachment 1.83_deodex_OlympusCamera.zip

How to Install
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13826066&postcount=80
    Thanks mramirezusa.

안녕하세요.
    대한민국 Atrix 사용자 입니다.
    영어를 잘하지 않습니다.
    OlympusCamera.apk 수정해 1080p 레코딩 가능하도록 했습니다.
    1.8.3 deodex에서 테스트 되었습니다.

/system/app/OlympusCamera.apk

위 주소의 파일를 첨부파일로 교체하세요.
    화질은 여러분들이 판단하시기 바랍니다.
    댓글은 못 씁니다.(죄송합니다.)

Google Translate.

Hello.
    South Korea is Atrix users.
    English is not good.
    OlympusCamera.apk was correct to allow 1080p recording.
    Has been tested on 1.8.3 deodex.

/ system / app / OlympusCamera.apk

The above address, please replace the files as attachments.
    The quality of your judgments, please.
    I can not write comments. (I'm sorry.)
    Safe way to do it

1. Root Explorer /system/app change R/O to R/W (From read only to Write/Read)
    2. Rename OlympusCamera.apk and OlympusCamera.dex to OlympusCamera.apk.bak and OlympusCamera.dex.bak
    (#2 Depends if you are dex or undex) just need to rename all OlympusCamerca.* to end .bak
    3. Unzip new file and copy OlympusCamera.apk to /system/app (Root Explorer is tricky because everytime you long press it to copy it show up install option... DO NOT INSTALL.... best way to copy use ADB shell
    4. Change permission to OlympusCamera.apk to rw-r--r--
    5. Change Mount R/W to R/O (optional but safe)
    6. Reboot and clean dalvik cache, or just delete OlympusCamera dex entry on Dalvik Cache
    7. Enjoy it! ;)
    Some reason it won't show up in my app drawer. I named the old one apk.Bak and placed the new one in. Rebooted still nothing. Any help?

Sent from my MB860
    Fixed my issue. I went into Root Explorer and checked user premissions and none of them were checked. If it does not show in the app drawer, make sure all permissions are set for user in root explorer.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App
    I'm gonna sound like a newb (cause I am) but can anyone post the steps to take to get this working. I've downloaded the file and extracted it. But When I try to put the new .apk in the system/app folder I get an error from Root Explorer. I'm on an AT&T 4.1.83 running Ginger Blur 3.1! Thanks guys!

If you're going to use root explorer, change at the top to Mount R/O, then go to /system/app and rename the original OlympusCamera.apk to OlympusCamera.apk.bak. Then move/copy the new apk to the same folder (/system/app), set permissions as necessary, and reboot.

Ya'll having problems with the app drawer, what launcher are you using?