[ROM][4.1.2][3.1] Slim Bean(I897) [All Languages][Final]

Search This thread

jtd9

Aug 5, 2010
Been looking around the phone, but i can't seem to find it. Does anyone know where i can turn on Volume Rocker wake? or if there is any?

darkdragone

Aug 7, 2010
I'm having an issue with the home button in the rom itself, not the recovery, it works there. The home button seems to do nothing, the phone doesn't even vibrate when its pressed. I checked the keylayout files and all of them still show the right key for home. I'm not sure what else could be causeing the problem. Also this wasn't this way when i first flashed the rom, its been almost a week now.

EDIT: Now it seems all of the buttons stopped working...maybe its a permisions issue idk

Last edited:

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
If you didn't flash anything else (like a kernel) I would recommend a permission fix in cwm, dirty flash (wipe cache and dailvik), or last clean wipe (wipe everything including /system). If you did flash anything else (modification, Kernel, or anything else not a modem) It was probably that.

I'm having an issue with the home button in the rom itself, not the recovery, it works there. The home button seems to do nothing, the phone doesn't even vibrate when its pressed. I checked the keylayout files and all of them still show the right key for home. I'm not sure what else could be causeing the problem. Also this wasn't this way when i first flashed the rom, its been almost a week now.

EDIT: Now it seems all of the buttons stopped working...maybe its a permisions issue idk

Tsaukpaetra

Jan 28, 2011
Weird browser issues...

:cyclops: I've been having issues with the browser, where websites will seem to be rendering (being all fuzzy) and won't stop unless I slowly move the view around. Oddly enough, it doesn't seem to be eating CPU (like it normally does when it's trying to render), so I don't know what's going on here.
Just putting it out here, it hasn't been this bad since Froyo, and most websites are completely unusable because they never stop being fuzzy....

Yeah, this seems to be a core problem with the webKit software itself. :( Which means all browsers that (by standard) use the webkit constructor will be broken...
Is this problem only on my phone or is anyone else seeing this?

-- Re-edit --
I just saw the blog post for the features added for version 2.0. Excitement ensues! ;)

Last edited:

m7ia

Sep 2, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hi

Flashed Slim Bean, seems great so far!

Is there an AdditionalFonts addon for this like there was for Slim ICS? I tried that one and it did not work; what changes are necessary to that file?

Thanks!

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
As of now no extras. That specific extra was made by someone else.

Sent from my Slim Bean Beta powered Captivate using Tapatalk 2

Tsaukpaetra

Jan 28, 2011
I'm running Slim ROM 4.2...should I wait for Slim Bean 2.0 or is 1.0 safe for daily use?

Well, RTFM, but he /did/ indicate that everything for daily use is working. The question you should be asking yourself, really, is, are you willing to take the risk?
In my experience, the battery life is being sucked down by Android OS (some phantom service that's keeping the CPU awake?), but if you're in the Development forums you already know the risks of trying a first-edition ROM. ;)

scottcwhite

Sep 1, 2010
I noticed that email and exchange aren't part of the Rom. Will the apks from slim also work with bean.I have to be able to get work email

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

S

-SGA-

I flashed this yesterday and it had no keyboard... was this intended or did something go awry?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium

S

-SGA-

It sounds like you suggesting that it is in the common, or extras zip. I never imagined that the keyboard would be separated and as a general practice do not flash add-ons. At almost 108MB with the extras and add-ons, it doesn't sound too slim anymore. Thanks.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP.png
    Important Notes:

1. Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with my mods and interesting ones from CM/AOKP.
    2. Read the changelog and installation instructions on the website here carefully.
    3. Feature requests will be ignored in general but will review ( if a relevant commit is provided) and decide
    4. No ports based on my ROM zip file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source

Check out our feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Instructions
    For installation instructions please check here
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in Changelog

Downloads
    Get our latest rom here. You can get Slim Gapps and other addons from here.

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Bug list
    For a list of confirmed bugs look here

Thanks!
    Big thanks to CM team, without them SlimRoms wouldn't be possible.
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the source code.
    Ok Guys 2.8 is out as always read the changelog carefully. GPS is working, as in it sees sats however you will need to fiddle with the location data to get it to lock. As of now the kernel provided is semaphore, however compiled from source, in this case 2.4.5. Apart from that everything should be smooth sailing. Hit the thanks button for the team and the beta testers.
    Cheers
    2.4 released, should have received an OTA message. Read changelog, how to install, hit thanks to (prbassplayer and me) donate whatever. enjoy!
    Ok fellas, 2.2 released. Please read the changelog carefully and get the download from download tab on the website. This release needed a lot of effort would be an understatement that my betas would appreciate. Anyway show support via thanks/donate. Please don't fill up the thread with known issues and minor issues.Cheers
    Slim 2.0 released. Read changelog carefully for known issues, upgrade procedure and installation instructions ( if you are new user).