New and improved Apps to SD(more stable, more powerful, etc) Tutorial

Search This thread

odsamuels

May 31, 2010
yes, system should be ro

looking at that a2sd is working

you have about 20mb (ish) apps on your sd ext partition

the 19mb on data is quite normal, its used for application databases and some files that they need

what does interest me is /cache , what the hell do you have in that :)
Oh, and system, you have next to nothing in it

I guess I just know nothing about the tattoo

here is a (not so) typical g1 with cm5.0.8 and lbcoders mtd partition mapping method

the bold is actually a bind mount to sdcard ( as we have no internal memory to speak of )
you should probably go back to thinking why you need to use the sdcard, you have lots and lots of internal memory

Oh my, what I could do with all that internal memory, I could have like a quad install ;)

Lots of internal memory?? Where what u talking about? It says 146MB available on the phone. The phone comes with about 256MB (http://www.htc.com/www/product/tattoo/specification.html). The 1.2GB is what I'm trying to get the Apps to save to.

Do you think it could be somehow using the SDCard and not reporting properly or maybe something is screwed up?

What is a bind mount? Is it something I can use to join "/data" with "/system/sd" so the available memory reported is a combination of both?

Also, why did you say it looks like it's working?

Firerat

Feb 24, 2009
Lots of internal memory?? Where what u talking about? It says 146MB available on the phone. The phone comes with about 256MB (http://www.htc.com/www/product/tattoo/specification.html). The 1.2GB is what I'm trying to get the Apps to save to.

Do you think it could be somehow using the SDCard and not reporting properly or maybe something is screwed up?

What is a bind mount? Is it something I can use to join "/data" with "/system/sd" so the available memory reported is a combination of both?

Also, why did you say it looks like it's working?

:chuckle:

I'm sorry, but if you don't see it you are blind
you do not need a2sd, look at my internal memory, look at yours !!!

odsamuels

May 31, 2010
...but I keep running out of space in now time... it seems it's already down to 146MB and I haven't started installing anything yet! :eek: This is fresh after a wipe and start over.

Unless maybe I don't fully understand the file system of the Android then, but that 146 disappears really quickly.

Do you think if I started over with the partition as ext2 it would work?

Firerat

Feb 24, 2009
...but I keep running out of space in now time... it seems it's already down to 146MB and I haven't started installing anything yet! :eek: This is fresh after a wipe and start over.

Unless maybe I don't fully understand the file system of the Android then, but that 146 disappears really quickly.

Do you think if I started over with the partition as ext2 it would work?

I should have checked the Tattoo specs

you have wasted too much of my time, you need help, but its not help I can give.

http://goo.gl/vuv0
personally I don't think it works, but its worth a shot I guess.

petran7

Aug 30, 2010
Athens
hi everyone,

i cannot copy the two file to /data/
i tried with terminal and file manager but nothing works

thefile manager says "cannot copy"

what must i do???

lyndel4

May 15, 2008
Hi everyone I got a rooted G1 on 1.6 official firmware can this method work for my Device? and when I try the commands the terminal emulator keeps saying not found like this
su
cp /sdcard/init.rc /data/
not found

I keep trying over and over again but it wont any help plz thanks in advace

biglo

Jul 18, 2009
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Hi everyone I got a rooted G1 on 1.6 official firmware can this method work for my Device? and when I try the commands the terminal emulator keeps saying not found like this
su
cp /sdcard/init.rc /data/
not found

I keep trying over and over again but it wont any help plz thanks in advace

Did you format and partition your sdcard?

Sent from my HTC Dream using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    umm when i run appstosd it says it formats but then when i push reboot now nothing happens.. also, when i type reboot at the terminal it tells me i dont have permission even tho im already running su