Froyo for Vogue/Kaiser/Polaris [2010-07-06]

Search This thread

voyteckst

Jul 16, 2008
Cracow
This thread is "VaniljFroyo RLS1 for Vogue/Kaiser/Polaris [2010-07-01]" ;-)

According to your question:
Eclair = Android 2.1
Froyo = Android 2.2

-Arturo-

Oct 7, 2007

As per wikipedia...

"On 20 May 2010 the 2.2 (Froyo) SDK was released.[2] On 28 June 2010 an OTA (over the air) update to Android 2.2 build number FRF85B commenced to T-mobile customers with a Google Nexus One phone. Changes included:[49]
General Android OS speed, memory, and performance optimizations[50]
Additional application speed improvements courtesy of JIT implementation[51]
Integration of Chrome's V8 JavaScript engine into the Browser application
Increased Microsoft Exchange support (security policies, auto-discovery, GAL look-up, calendar synchronization, remote wipe)
Improved application launcher with shortcuts to Phone and Browser applications
USB tethering and WiFi hotspot functionality
Added an option to disable data access over mobile network
Updated Market application with batch and automatic update features[50]
Quick switching between multiple keyboard languages and their dictionaries
Voice dialing and contact sharing over Bluetooth
Support for numeric and alphanumeric passwords
Support for file upload fields in the Browser application[52]
Support for installing applications to the expandable memory[53]
Adobe Flash 10.1 support[54]"

rollride

Nov 16, 2009
Sofia
apps2sd

ok guys this is very nice build work fine but how to install apps2sd i have problems with donut and eclair but now i realy want to learn how to make this happening can somebody explains me step by step what i should do so i can install apps to my sd card and to those who are going to tell me that i must read more in the forums believe me i read a lot of threads about this issue but no success so if somebody done this please share the wealth ;) thank you in advance guys:)

jkd

Nov 7, 2007
Great, thanks.

But i got trouble with the display rotation when slide keyboard.

And how use "Barnacle Wifi Tether" it don't work ??? "Could not bind outif to ppp0" is displayed any idea ?

chiragpatwa

Jun 18, 2005
Mumbai
ok guys this is very nice build work fine but how to install apps2sd i have problems with donut and eclair but now i realy want to learn how to make this happening can somebody explains me step by step what i should do so i can install apps to my sd card and to those who are going to tell me that i must read more in the forums believe me i read a lot of threads about this issue but no success so if somebody done this please share the wealth ;) thank you in advance guys:)

Check this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=680518

u can install android on Sd Card and App also

Check the #10 then u can see Installing Applications Onto SD Card using Ext2

you have to make Partition on SD Card

Hope this will help you

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
New version in first post. Market now works, what a relief... :)

And just like with VaniljEclair there is a marketenable.sh script for those who want/need access to paid apps. I recommend just running the script in a terminal when you need it instead if enabling it in userinit.sh.

Last edited:

scooter1556

Feb 13, 2008
Bristol
This is a bit unrelated to be honest but i wasn't sure where best to put it. I've been experimenting with swap files/partitions and just wanted to know if the Kaiser can actually utilise the speed of a class 6 sd card. My sd card at the minute is class 2 which obviously causes some bottlenecking but i can't find any stats anywhere which say if the kaisers sd card reader is capable of faster speeds. Also, if you have some free phone memory is there a directory where you could put the swap file on NAND rather then having it on the SD card? Without superuser privileges you can't write to /data. Great build by the way, loving it!!

EDIT::

Just read a recent post on the vogue forums regarding the swap/NAND situation, I agree that i would rather mess up an sd card then the irreplaceable NAND, a class 6 SD card should be faster anyway if the Kaiser can utilise it.

Last edited:

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
This is a bit unrelated to be honest but i wasn't sure where best to put it. I've been experimenting with swap files/partitions and just wanted to know if the Kaiser can actually utilise the speed of a class 6 sd card. My sd card at the minute is class 2 which obviously causes some bottlenecking but i can't find any stats anywhere which say if the kaisers sd card reader is capable of faster speeds. Also, if you have some free phone memory is there a directory where you could put the swap file on NAND rather then having it on the SD card? Without superuser privileges you can't write to /data. Great build by the way, loving it!!

EDIT::

Just read a recent post on the vogue forums regarding the swap/NAND situation, I agree that i would rather mess up an sd card then the irreplaceable NAND, a class 6 SD card should be faster anyway if the Kaiser can utilise it.

If are experimenting with partitions there are some (untested) stuff about compcache with backing swap in /system/bin/compcache.sh that you may want to try.

There is no nano in this build so you'll have to know your way around in "vi".

$ su
# rwsystem
# vi /system/bin/compcache.sh
In vi center d-pad + 1 is ESC which means d-pad + fn + y if you have a Kaiser.

You propably have to restart the phone to have any changes it take effect as the parameters are used on insmod and the module isn't unloaded unless you restart the phone.

I would try this line if I had a swap partion on my SD-card:
Code:
opts='backing_swap=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4'						# compcache (default size 15% of available RAM) + backing swap (on SD card)

In fact, I think I'm going to fire up gparted and make some partitions and try it myself.

Last edited:

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
Thanks for update to RLS2.
enable_compcache.sh and compcache.sh start this is same commands?

No.

enable_compcache.sh sets a persistent property (this was done in SpareParts in VaniljEclair (CyanogenMod).

This persistant property triggers a service (defined in sysinit.rc) which runs "compcache.sh start". If you just type "compcache.sh start" it will add a compcache but it will not survive a restart of the phone. Using the persistant property will make it add the compcache when the phone is started.

I made the enable_compcache.sh and disable_compcache.sh scripts just to do what we no longer can do from Spare Parts.

Disturbed21

Dec 17, 2009
Hey sorry a nube question...so if I run android on nand memory and allow it to run swap on it as well will this cause the chip inside to burn faster than it will using windows mobile?

scooter1556

Feb 13, 2008
Bristol
In fact, I think I'm going to fire up gparted and make some partitions and try it myself.

Thanks for the help on this one, i've tried a few different methods. Swap partition on SD makes a fair difference, better then compcache i think, i reckon it'd be even better with a faster SD Card, mine is class 2, still trying to find out if the kaiser would make use of a faster card or not before getting one. I tried a program called "a-swapper2" which is quite a neat little app for this.

Hey sorry a nube question...so if I run android on nand memory and allow it to run swap on it as well will this cause the chip inside to burn faster than it will using windows mobile?

Android by default does not use NAND for swap or even have an option to do so as the phone has separate RAM which is usually sufficient so you don't need to worry about this. In theory there is no reason why running android on NAND will wear it any more then WM.

scooter1556

Feb 13, 2008
Bristol
... And it's allready old... dzo put out a new version. But I'll stick to this one for a while. Seems to run really well.
Haha, difficult to keep up isn't it!!! I've just about got your eclair build running sweet, i guess i'm gonna have to bite the bullet and give this a go. Definately backing up data though, eclair is running sweet after a few tweaks!

gohantrunks28

Nov 9, 2008
Thank you for your/dzo's hardwork on Froyo release 2. I am sorry if it has been already mentioned but this version is not able to connect to a bluetooth headset. I have tested on a Motorola H670 and a Jawbone on my vogue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: to enable bluetooth pairing do this in a terminal
    $ su
    # chown 1002.1002 /data/misc/bluetoothd

Now not only blueooth pairing starts working again but bluetooth music works too

I've pushed my VaniljFroyo modfications into dzo's repo so there is no VaniljFroyo anymore.

The official thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=710105

The latest build can be found here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/

Instructions
    1. Get the latest build.
    2. Rename it to androidinstall.tgz and place it in the andboot folder.
    3. Install system.
    4. Boot the system.

To gain an extra 11Mb of RAM on Kaiser or Polaris, get the kernels I've posted here: Get the kernel from here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7079594&postcount=299
    Vogue users can get this with the latest official kernel from dzo (2010-07-06)

-----------------------------------

Old stuff below

This is basicly dzo's latest Fresh Froyo release with some minor adjustments.
    With latest I mean the latest version available as I write this which is this version: http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/system-froyo-01-07-10_18.tgz/download

Download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/2010-07-02/VaniljFroyo_RLS2.zip/download

RLS2
    - Market now works (Thanks mssmison and Incubus)
    - Slight QVGA adjustments to the drawer phone keypad.
    - Added google maps framework (needed by apps that uses maps)
    - Added Facebook and Twitter from FRF85b just because there was room left
    - Removed nonworking MagicSmoke live wallpaper

RLS1
    - Wifi support
    - QVGA adjusted bootanimation, backgrounds, DeskClock app and Music app.
    - Added bash
    - Added a bunch of nice scripts that I made for VaniljEclair.
    - Added compcache support.

Get a terminal from Market, then use the following scripts (always do an su first):

enable_compcache.sh - Enable compcache (use the command free before and after to see the difference)
    disable_compcache.sh - Guess what it does?
    wifi_level.sh low|medium|high|extreme (medium is the default, low does not work for me)
    default_network.sh
    hsxpa.sh
    gprsclass.sh
    lcd_density.sh

But you propably won't need to change anything but I recommend trying with and without compcache. It propably helps a bit.

Oh, and the odex.sh script is included and can be enabled from userinit.sh, just like with VaniljEclair RLS7 it takes care of upgrades and uninstalls on the next restart of the phone. Not sure really how it affects performance but since odexing the system apps gives a noticable boost it can't hurt.

Don't expect everything to work flawlessly and have fun!

You may want to try another Launcher like the very nice Launcher Pro that is available for free from the Market.
    If cyanogen says this about running Launcher2 (which is what we have in Froyo) on HTC Dream/Sapphire(magic)
    * Launcher2 (too clunky for these devices)
    then I think we have a good reason to try other launchers aswell.
    LOL thank you so much for the deodexed version i'm the first to download :D
    :) I didn't post that one. dzo did.

See this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=710105