FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

PSA: Clear Google Wallet Settings Before Flashing ROM/Hard Resets!

820 posts
Thanks Meter: 676

By TaintedByte, Senior Member on 27th May 2012, 12:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd November 2012, 12:19 AM |#351  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ive never used Wallet or set up an account for that matter. I recently Rooted my Evo LTE with stable CM10 Rom running. I get the "unsupported" text,is there a fix for this?

23rd November 2012, 12:29 AM |#352  
Flag Baltimoe,Md
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekka75

Ive never used Wallet or set up an account for that matter. I recently Rooted my Evo LTE with stable CM10 Rom running. I get the "unsupported" text,is there a fix for this?

It will still work but there is a patched wallet app somewhere in the app section if you want to get rid of the unsupported device message

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
26th November 2012, 04:33 AM |#353  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh030181

It will still work but there is a patched wallet app somewhere in the app section if you want to get rid of the unsupported device message

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

How do I get it to stay open, it closes as soon as I hit OK.
6th February 2013, 05:14 PM |#354  

More
Unhappy help
how do i reset my verizon htc thunderbolt 4GLTE to RUU stock while is locked?
6th February 2013, 05:22 PM |#355  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 4,486

Donate to Me
More
Re: PSA: Clear Google Wallet Settings Before Flashing ROM/Hard Resets!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougly

how do i reset my verizon htc thunderbolt 4GLTE to RUU stock while is locked?

Wrong forum. Try the Thunderbolt forum. This forum is for the HTC EVO 4G LTE.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1103

The advice is free....the bandwidth, not so much
23rd February 2013, 01:22 PM |#356  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSolstice

The new Google Wallet builds don't use the Secure Element anymore. All the encryption happens in the cloud. I have repeatedly flashed without clearing the data and never have any problem activating it.

This thread is no longer valid. Google fixed this problem and it's not coming back. If I was to guess, even if it says your secure element is bricked, you could use the newer builds just fine.

If you're worried about this at all, stop worrying. I'll say it again; as long as you're using the newer builds of Google Wallet, there is NO interaction with the Secure Element period. You can wipe as much as you want, even RUU for all it matters, Google Wallet will work and activate just fine.

My secure element has stopprd responding.
where can I get thenew google wallet build
Thanks
23rd February 2013, 02:42 PM |#357  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 557

Donate to Me
More
Re: PSA: Clear Google Wallet Settings Before Flashing ROM/Hard Resets!
I forget to do this before I root and flash a rom and 2 evo but lucky, it still works

Sent From My White Cricket LTEvo
17th April 2013, 09:27 PM |#358  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,475

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSolstice

The new Google Wallet builds don't use the Secure Element anymore. All the encryption happens in the cloud. I have repeatedly flashed without clearing the data and never have any problem activating it.

This thread is no longer valid. Google fixed this problem and it's not coming back. If I was to guess, even if it says your secure element is bricked, you could use the newer builds just fine.

If you're worried about this at all, stop worrying. I'll say it again; as long as you're using the newer builds of Google Wallet, there is NO interaction with the Secure Element period. You can wipe as much as you want, even RUU for all it matters, Google Wallet will work and activate just fine.

Completely dead wrong. The secure element is still in use - if it weren't, then GW would be working on the GT-I9100P and SGH-I777. GW wouldn't cause piles of SE spam in logcat when you use it. GW wouldn't REPORT A DAMNED SECURE ELEMENT VERSION IN THE ABOUT SETTINGS. GW wouldn't bomb if nfcee_access.xml is missing.

The only thing that changed with the "cards stored in the cloud" update is that instead of directly storing the info for an added Citi PayPass card, the SE now stores a "proxy" PayPass card that is funded from whatever card you added in the cloud.

However, Google has made SE management significantly more robust. Previously, if GW lost its credentials, it would just keep retrying until the SE bricked. Now, if it can't authenticate with the SE, it commands the SE to wipe its data and start from scratch. It's pretty much impossible to brick SEs with GW these days.

(Why the thread necromancy? People are still linking to this thread from elsewhere.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick, nfc, responding, secure, wallet

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)