[Australia] HTC One M8 Australian Users

Search This thread

mcfar45

Dec 8, 2010
Brisbane
well the UK carriers already pushing the update since last week...So yeah, hopefully HTC push it for unbranded handsets soon and then carriers right after or same time would be even better :) Tho you know how we tend to get left behind for a while here in Aus :-/

As much as I would love the update being pushed to carriers at the same time as the unbranded handsets, I am not optimistic due to the "being left behind" issue that has plagued my life xD

LTKred

Dec 28, 2010
SHD
As much as I would love the update being pushed to carriers at the same time as the unbranded handsets, I am not optimistic due to the "being left behind" issue that has plagued my life xD

haha yeah. It kills me everytime I see an update. This time though, i really wanna try not to tamper with anything. I wanna stay completely stock, unrooted, etc, tho thats becoming more and more difficult. As i have the 1.54 firmware right in front of me lol But i wanna make sure im getting the exact version HTC push for Aussie handsets and not some generic european version.

mcfar45

Dec 8, 2010
Brisbane
haha yeah. It kills me everytime I see an update. This time though, i really wanna try not to tamper with anything. I wanna stay completely stock, unrooted, etc, tho thats becoming more and more difficult. As i have the 1.54 firmware right in front of me lol But i wanna make sure im getting the exact version HTC push for Aussie handsets and not some generic european version.

I am liking Sense too much and so I don't want to bother going away from stock and I have no need to root at this stage, but the update frequency could push me to root and use a stock-based rom. I think it's best to wait and see how updates will be handled, it's too early to make a judgement atm.

LTKred

Dec 28, 2010
SHD
I am liking Sense too much and so I don't want to bother going away from stock and I have no need to root at this stage, but the update frequency could push me to root and use a stock-based rom. I think it's best to wait and see how updates will be handled, it's too early to make a judgement atm.

definitely! Sense 6 is great

climbingrose

Oct 15, 2011
I've S-off-ed my Telstra M8 and flashed GPe conversion RUU. It turns out you need to delete sbl*.img and radio.img. I didn't know that and ended up with a different radio firmware. It's OK but I think the old version works better on Telstra network.

Can anyone please dump the radio.img and share it please?

naouris

Sep 19, 2010
Perth
I got mine from Telstra last week as well but I had no idea it was the 2.5 CPU is this the same one as in the S5?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Random Pinenut Joy

Jul 19, 2012
Nimbin, NSW, Australia
Tried to do it without touching the phone?

I had mine delivered today. Great... Just about to flash Viper onto it. Have a look at the S-OFF thread. Changing to super CID does enable you to flash any H-Boot zip, Yes/No? If so, I think some of the Euro & Asian CIDs have had an H-BOOT update already, i could be wrong.
Have a look here

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

My stock backup is taking incredibly long to finish. Once done, here comes Viper... It seems to be hanging around the last 10%. Hmmm...

Last edited:

wineds

Jun 11, 2009
Melbourne
All good with Firewater SOFF. Had to run it a few times. Telstra M8 with stock firmware and hboot 3.16. Supercid set and tampered flag removed. .

LTKred

Dec 28, 2010
SHD
Ok so I'm not so happy about this whole update malarkey... Here in Australia, we have yet to get the M8's 1.54 firmware OTA on unbranded and carrier devices, which allows us to use the Extreme Power Saving Mode. Yet, the UK and US carriers are already rolling out the update. What gives??? None of the carriers here, nor HTC themselves even have any idea about the update...

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts