[Q] Soft brick, possibly hard brick.

Search This thread

NorwegianLabel

Jan 1, 2013
Hello. I tried to sideload a ROM on my HTC ONE. Now the phone wont boot, and I can't get into recovery. According to ADB my phone registers as being in recovery, so I don't think it's hard bricked. This is the first HTC phone I have, so I'm not sure what to do. What should I do?

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
What recovery and version are you using? And are you booting into recovery using the power+volume keys, or by some other procedure?

NorwegianLabel

Jan 1, 2013
What recovery and version are you using? And are you booting into recovery using the power+volume keys, or by some other procedure?

I can't get into recovery, no matter what I do. Trying to use a RUU file, but I get an USB 170 error. I have tried googling how to fix it, but can't find anything. I use TWRP. All I get on my phone is a black screen.

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
I can't get into recovery, no matter what I do. Trying to use a RUU file, but I get an USB 170 error. I have tried googling how to fix it, but can't find anything. I use TWRP. All I get on my phone is a black screen.

You need TWRP 2.6.3.3. try fastboot erase cache. Also post a fastboot getvar all minus imei no and serial number. .plus post a link to the rom and the RUU you were trying

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app