DiXperia 9 'Magnificent' | Discussion Thread

Search This thread

keenofhiphop

Jul 30, 2012
Welcome

Hey Guys,
our new DiXperia Community on Google+ is up!
Join it now to get latest info and support!
Link:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/110415887217374741785 *

barjk.jpg

This is the official Discussion thread of DikeJ's current project "Dixperia 9 Magnificent"!

Here you can post everything more or less related to the ROM:
+ Feedback concerning Dixperia 9 (suggestions, advices)
+ Questions concerning Dixperia 9
+ Issues (e.g. installation Problems*) concerning Dixperia 9
+ Complaints
+ Unnecessary Spam
+ Anything Else you can think of

Don't Post in here:
- Questions for ETA

Please concern the official Development Thread only if you have bugs that aren't listed yet. ANYTHING else belongs here!
The official Development thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1689187

Enjoy it :)

*Extended Checklist for Error Analysis in DiXperia 9 'Magnificent' Installation Process, check here before posting:
Read along the Instructions, if you cant go on at one point, write a post like "I am stuck at 3)b) and an explanation"

Don't blame me for anything that happens to your phone.

1) Basics:

a) Root your Phone using Flashtool by Binary, thread and links here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=920746, check root by lookin for superuser in appdrawer or by pluging it to your Computer and start Flashtool (should show: "Device connected [...] Root access allowed" and the panels on the top should fade in)

b) Unlock your Bootloader: After the Flashtool has recognized your Root, go on "Plug-ins" and choose "Bootloader Unlock", follow the instructions.

c) If there is no "Bootloader Unlock" option, you either have no root (step back to 1)a)) or you have a custom kernel/ ROM installed (you should know about this^^). Then you will have to flash the Stock Kernel you will find in this thread (thanks to DikeJ): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23868370, there is a line "kernel and baseband- .ftf file for users from 2.1" with a mediafire link, download it and flash it via flashtool, then again check if you can unlock your bootloader. If "Bootloader Unlock" is still faded out, you download "Seus Sony Ericsson Update Service" and "repair your firmware", then you can definitely unlock your Bootloader.
Info: To repair the stock firmware you dont have to turn your device on. Afterwards start over at point 1)

d) Download Rom and your desired Add-ons in the Development Thread (scroll up a few inches;)), either directly to your phone or to your computer, important is that you put it on your Phones MicroSD-Card (I myself created a #ROM-Folder to easily find it later), Insert it.

2) Kernel:
Download any cm10based Kernel, we suggest to use official cmX10 kernel, you will find it here: http://www.wuala.com/CMX10/Android/CM10-Kernel/?id=31,2052333,11-49,2052333,15 and put it into your "firmwares" folder inside flashtool folder. Then you enter Flashtool and choose the flasher (most left panel) and "Flashmode", then choose the cmX10 kernel and press "OK", follow the Instructions. To check if you flashed succesfully and if you unlocked your bootloader correctly, turn on your Phone, if it shows a different Logo (originally there was "Sony Ericsson"), then it was successful.

3) ROM:
Turn on your Phone and when the LED in the top right Corner lights up press the Back Button to enter Clockwordmod Recovery. There you choose "Factory Reset" (we suggest to do this in any case, otherwise it wont be possible to do a proper Analysis) and "Andvanced/ Wipe Dalvik Cache". Now you can flash the ROM, just click on "install custom .zip" and choose your directory (in my case "/#ROM/ DiXperia 9 'Magnificent'.zip") and confirm. Wait till the Progress is over and choose "Reboot System now".

[/B]4) Add-ons:[/B]
After Booting up your phone, reboot it two times (i do it because i believe in it...) and let it settle, you can play with the Preferences. I always wait at least 12 hours. Then enter the Clockwordmod Recovery like you did in point 3 and flash the Add-on in the same way you did with the ROM itself. After every Add-on reboot and wait for a few minutes. Install all the Desired Add-ons and be happy.

[/B]5) Lags and bad behaviour:[/B]
If you did not before, do it now and READ DikeJs whole Development thread, especially look at the Tips'n Tricks section. Follow it...

[/B]6) I did anything as you, godlike keenofhiphop, wrote here but I still have:[/B]

a) A black Screen after trying to boot up: Jump to point 2c) and follow the instructions,

b) No Camera: Boy, you didnt read DikeJs whole Post :p

c) Any other thing: [/B]Post it here.[/B]

If you find spelling Mistakes you can keep them :p

Last edited:

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
Thanks buddy :). As I posted in DX8 before this thread created, here it is first screenshots of DX9, today I don't have more time to work on it, but theme is 100% done, just need to do research/remade of scripts/tweaks/tricks, and beta will appear for few guys. Please write here who wants future build for tests, first 3 persons with their post will be testers. More info/instructions later. Bye all! :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-19-07-55-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-19-07-55-52.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 680
  • Screenshot_2013-01-19-07-56-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-19-07-56-13.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 605
  • Screenshot_2013-01-19-07-57-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-19-07-57-17.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 642
  • Screenshot_2013-01-19-08-19-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-19-08-19-25.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 598

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
2 persons left :D. Thanks dude.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

I've checked all addons - all of them working like a charm :D. Now, last, final, hard step - need to make some tweaks from GB to JB if possible, and start booting system unless it fails in the meantime...We'll see ^^.

Reactions: guyzandani

Dr.Gonzo105

Re: Dixperia 9 'Magnificent' | Discussion Thread

Consider it done. Have 3 testers, it's enough. Expect some PM's guys tommorow, build is pretty stable for now, and I hope you can say the same after you get this :).

You could wait sometime before releasing it because scritch would release an update soon I think.
And did you activate hw leds?

Sent from my Xperia X10 using xda premium

Reactions: guyzandani

prioxxx

Mar 8, 2011
Greece-Patra
Απ: DiXperia 9 'Magnificent' | Discussion Thread

Consider it done. Have 3 testers, it's enough. Expect some PM's guys tommorow, build is pretty stable for now, and I hope you can say the same after you get this :).

What a surprise Dikej!thanks :D

Στάλθηκε από το X10i μου

Last edited:

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
firehot_aman, why I need to wait for scritch?
About LEDs, you mean this one between buttons under the display? If yes, then my answer is - unfortunatelly not - I don't like it :D.

prioxxx, yup, you can call it like that if you want :p. There is still a lot work to do.

Vaki

Apr 2, 2012
I just want to mention that there has been created forum for Sony Xperia Z therefore the binaries should be expected soon (not all of them at one time, of course). DiKej, do you think you could use them in DX9? That would make our X10s and the newest DiXperia really magnificent.

keenofhiphop

Jul 30, 2012
AW: DiXperia 9 'Magnificent' | Discussion Thread

I think the coolest thing would be to have the lockscreen, so the framework of xperia z. As xperia z will be released with android 4.1.2 there could be the possibility that the framework fits?
I kinda hate this ringlock :/
Greets

Sent from my Xperia X10 using xda app-developers app

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
yikimo, preety good to hear that words from someone :D.

Vaki, yeah, I could try it, but of course after relase, cause today I worked hard on DX9, and the best thing is, it's already ready for hit all of you, except root access (somewhere I can't make it work, Superuser is here, root is (hopefully) working, but can't get acces on any app like Titanium Backup or Root Explorer), and I don't know what I made wrong, and don't want start build all again....Need to find reason, fix it, and relase ROM (first of course give it for testers) :).

keenofhiphop, we will see buddy, even if we get it working, it can be buggy on X10, or laggy. But DX9 is fast as hell in my opinion, so should fix big lags (not all, X10 isn't device for JB, you know that :p).

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Hell yeah guys, made it! :D Upload of final package for testers this night, official relase still not known. Need to make edits in development thread, before anything :D. And Premium Users can be sure, that they're not forgotten - you will get DX9 faster :D. Soon, some new screenshots coming. :>

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36903386[/B]

Added new screenshots, and links will be send in few minutes for 3 testers :). Bye guys!

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Guys/testers, did you get my message? Just want to be sure, cause I've sent multiple and don't know if correctly....Just reply and start hard-working ! :D I think all info is included but feel free to ask for more ^^.

keenofhiphop

Jul 30, 2012
AW: DiXperia 9 'Magnificent' | Discussion Thread

So here we go:
I installed the Main Rom first naked without any addons. I use Ferakernel JB. Booting took a bit longer than I am used to (but the animation was also better;)).
There was the usual login and sync things which went smooth and fast :good:.
Now, first report: it is still the old xperia home (not the one from xperia Z) and its a bit laggy with scrolling wallpaper (like it always was on my device, could be exclusively my problem).
There were only a few apps in the drawer, tested all without phone and sms (it is dark night, dont dare to call anyone) and worked fine. Free Ram: 114 mb:D.
Then I flashed the Google Addon package and there were all the apps i am used to delete as soon as i can download root uninstaller from market. But there was no market, so i installed it manually (had still a version on my sd :victory:) but it also didnt work without Google Play services. The apps in the addon were stuff like SoundSearch, News and Weather, Downloader, Browser and few more.
I have the Rom not that long so i cant say anything to performance, only that its not worse than on every other rom i tried :D
More will come tomorrow (so many addons) when gplay works...

Bugs:
- Black background in Settings> networks> more> mobile data:)
Greets

Sent from my Xperia X10i using xda app-developers app

Reactions: DiKeJ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks buddy :). As I posted in DX8 before this thread created, here it is first screenshots of DX9, today I don't have more time to work on it, but theme is 100% done, just need to do research/remade of scripts/tweaks/tricks, and beta will appear for few guys. Please write here who wants future build for tests, first 3 persons with their post will be testers. More info/instructions later. Bye all! :D
    Welcome

Hey Guys,
    our new DiXperia Community on Google+ is up!
    Join it now to get latest info and support!
    Link:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/110415887217374741785 *

barjk.jpg

This is the official Discussion thread of DikeJ's current project "Dixperia 9 Magnificent"!

Here you can post everything more or less related to the ROM:
    + Feedback concerning Dixperia 9 (suggestions, advices)
    + Questions concerning Dixperia 9
    + Issues (e.g. installation Problems*) concerning Dixperia 9
    + Complaints
    + Unnecessary Spam
    + Anything Else you can think of

Don't Post in here:
    - Questions for ETA

Please concern the official Development Thread only if you have bugs that aren't listed yet. ANYTHING else belongs here!
    The official Development thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1689187

Enjoy it :)

*Extended Checklist for Error Analysis in DiXperia 9 'Magnificent' Installation Process, check here before posting:
    Read along the Instructions, if you cant go on at one point, write a post like "I am stuck at 3)b) and an explanation"

Don't blame me for anything that happens to your phone.

1) Basics:

a) Root your Phone using Flashtool by Binary, thread and links here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=920746, check root by lookin for superuser in appdrawer or by pluging it to your Computer and start Flashtool (should show: "Device connected [...] Root access allowed" and the panels on the top should fade in)

b) Unlock your Bootloader: After the Flashtool has recognized your Root, go on "Plug-ins" and choose "Bootloader Unlock", follow the instructions.

c) If there is no "Bootloader Unlock" option, you either have no root (step back to 1)a)) or you have a custom kernel/ ROM installed (you should know about this^^). Then you will have to flash the Stock Kernel you will find in this thread (thanks to DikeJ): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23868370, there is a line "kernel and baseband- .ftf file for users from 2.1" with a mediafire link, download it and flash it via flashtool, then again check if you can unlock your bootloader. If "Bootloader Unlock" is still faded out, you download "Seus Sony Ericsson Update Service" and "repair your firmware", then you can definitely unlock your Bootloader.
    Info: To repair the stock firmware you dont have to turn your device on. Afterwards start over at point 1)

d) Download Rom and your desired Add-ons in the Development Thread (scroll up a few inches;)), either directly to your phone or to your computer, important is that you put it on your Phones MicroSD-Card (I myself created a #ROM-Folder to easily find it later), Insert it.

2) Kernel:
    Download any cm10based Kernel, we suggest to use official cmX10 kernel, you will find it here: http://www.wuala.com/CMX10/Android/CM10-Kernel/?id=31,2052333,11-49,2052333,15 and put it into your "firmwares" folder inside flashtool folder. Then you enter Flashtool and choose the flasher (most left panel) and "Flashmode", then choose the cmX10 kernel and press "OK", follow the Instructions. To check if you flashed succesfully and if you unlocked your bootloader correctly, turn on your Phone, if it shows a different Logo (originally there was "Sony Ericsson"), then it was successful.

3) ROM:
    Turn on your Phone and when the LED in the top right Corner lights up press the Back Button to enter Clockwordmod Recovery. There you choose "Factory Reset" (we suggest to do this in any case, otherwise it wont be possible to do a proper Analysis) and "Andvanced/ Wipe Dalvik Cache". Now you can flash the ROM, just click on "install custom .zip" and choose your directory (in my case "/#ROM/ DiXperia 9 'Magnificent'.zip") and confirm. Wait till the Progress is over and choose "Reboot System now".

[/B]4) Add-ons:[/B]
    After Booting up your phone, reboot it two times (i do it because i believe in it...) and let it settle, you can play with the Preferences. I always wait at least 12 hours. Then enter the Clockwordmod Recovery like you did in point 3 and flash the Add-on in the same way you did with the ROM itself. After every Add-on reboot and wait for a few minutes. Install all the Desired Add-ons and be happy.

[/B]5) Lags and bad behaviour:[/B]
    If you did not before, do it now and READ DikeJs whole Development thread, especially look at the Tips'n Tricks section. Follow it...

[/B]6) I did anything as you, godlike keenofhiphop, wrote here but I still have:[/B]

a) A black Screen after trying to boot up: Jump to point 2c) and follow the instructions,

b) No Camera: Boy, you didnt read DikeJs whole Post :p

c) Any other thing: [/B]Post it here.[/B]

If you find spelling Mistakes you can keep them :p
    -Root fixed with correct flashable fix.
    -JB home working now like a charm.
    -Addons with google services will be fixed (keenofhiphop, please send me correct files which are missing in Google Stuff, to get working Play Store, except Phonesky.apk :)). I don't want give full gapps from Google cause it's too hungry on our RAM in X10, so only missing are necessary :D.
    -Themes won't be fixed, you know why (DiXperia and I don't like it :p).
    -Xperia Z keyboard added.
    -Speed improved a little.

And I think all problems with Google apps (if anyone want use most of them), will be fixed if they flash full official gapps which I post of course on dev thread. For now that's all, will provide you some more info about changes etc. this weekend. Then I will start working on writing in development thread, posting features, instructions etc. Bye guys, see you soon after few days! ^^
    Odp: DiXperia 9 'Magnificent' | Discussion Thread

I will - cause school is very hard for me right now. And other things in daily time. But be sure I'll do my best as always to make you happy guys. Let's say that DX9 will be out this Sunday - I think you can call if official relase date from now ;). But don't forget - Premium Users have access to this 10 days before all community - so if we hit DX9 in 27.01.2013, then it will be free to download in 06.02.2013. Don't e angry, I need to glorify my Premium Users somehow :). And you can always become one of them :D. Bye! Wait for update this Sunday!

Sent from my Xperia X10i using xda premium