603 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,256

Post Reply Email Thread
7th September 2013, 02:30 PM |#601  
Flag Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 190

More
where did u find the zip file? afaik download link provide in apk file

u just need to install like other apk file.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
7th September 2013, 03:07 PM |#602  
Thanks Meter: 526

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2uk3y

where did u find the zip file? afaik download link provide in apk file

u just need to install like other apk file.

I found it here www nextwap net /download/ 13001/ AdAway_APK_2.7_Free_Android .html
and i downloaded it from the Mediafire Server.

P.S. Problem solved installing the apk file....i'm new of this forum and didn't know that i could find it on the first page.
Thank you for pointing me to that.
7th September 2013, 03:57 PM |#603  
Flag Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 190

More
no problem. sharing is caring

7th September 2013, 04:32 PM |#604  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Thank you great job

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
8th September 2013, 01:56 AM |#605  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2uk3y

no problem. sharing is caring

Apologies if this has been raised before but beware the play store adaway - it looks the same but is an ad factory. Have to get it from fdroid or other source.
8th September 2013, 07:23 PM |#606  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 51

More
When I try to install adaway it tells me "install not successful" at the end. I don't have a prior version installed but I did have older version installed one but installed it. Any ideas why this is happening?
9th September 2013, 12:02 AM |#607  
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentallo

When I try to install adaway it tells me "install not successful" at the end. I don't have a prior version installed but I did have older version installed one but installed it. Any ideas why this is happening?

You probably have Google Settings set to always verify before install.
Clear the defaults for Google Settings. Then install again, but choose to install with the package installer instead of the Google Settings verify and install choice. That's usually the problem.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
10th September 2013, 07:52 AM |#608  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Found a quite weird workaround for the "apply hosts file" failure.

If I turn on the "webserver" (function) before updating. My hosts file updates without failure.

When the webserver is selected once in the settings/preferences menu. It keeps visible on the bottom when you start adaway.

Send from my Nexus 4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DecypherT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DecypherT Ad-Free
11th September 2013, 12:50 AM |#609  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Having issues
I have installed the 2.6 and 2.7 successfully downloaded "download files and apply ad blocking" it shows me successful. But once I reboot my phone and go back into the app it shows disabled. I have gone the route where I clean cache/data then un-installed. But when I re install it all happens again. I have tried this on a 4.2.2 rom and 4.3 rom and it the same thing. Any suggestions?
11th September 2013, 11:03 AM |#610  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karthicr25

I have installed the 2.6 and 2.7 successfully downloaded "download files and apply ad blocking" it shows me successful. But once I reboot my phone and go back into the app it shows disabled. I have gone the route where I clean cache/data then un-installed. But when I re install it all happens again. I have tried this on a 4.2.2 rom and 4.3 rom and it the same thing. Any suggestions?

i have same problem on my S4 with android GE 4.3
11th September 2013, 11:20 AM |#611  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karthicr25

Same here!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)