EVO 4G Stock Nocturnal Edition (4.67-Android 2.3.5.) 2-24-2012

Search This thread

nickespi

Feb 2, 2010
Nice Smooth ROM Excellent Battery life with the anthrax Kernel, been using pretty heavily Pandora browsing and phone calls, Impressive best battery life i have gotten for a while now. Anxious For some updates!! Nice work!!

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Any people who come here and ask about battery life and/or 'smoothness',...this will have better battery and 'smoothness' than the stock ROM, which should be the only thing you're comparing it to.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

swagstr

Sep 4, 2010
Corvallis, OR
www.goodandevo.net
Any people who come here and ask about battery life and/or 'smoothness',...this will have better battery and 'smoothness' than the stock ROM, which should be the only thing you're comparing it to.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
+1,000

To the person that said that, try re-wiping before installing the ROM.

Anyway, great work gruesomewolf! You're really putting the heat on me to update my ROM, huh? Lol.

I'll let you have the lime light for a bit before I steal, I mean, borrow all you mods ;) haha

Again man, thanks a million for everything you do for this community. You and tommytomatoe are the ones keeping the OG EVO alive. Everybody better be hittin' gruesome's thanks button a million times! :D

gruesomewolf

Jan 30, 2011
Mocksville, NC
+1,000

To the person that said that, try re-wiping before installing the ROM.

Anyway, great work gruesomewolf! You're really putting the heat on me to update my ROM, huh? Lol.

I'll let you have the lime light for a bit before I steal, I mean, borrow all you mods ;) haha

Again man, thanks a million for everything you do for this community. You and tommytomatoe are the ones keeping the OG EVO alive. Everybody better be hittin' gruesome's thanks button a million times! :D

Thanks man. But why wait....go ahead snatch up the mods, your a big reason why I started them in the first place :D

Reactions: KIOWA69

je2854

Oct 3, 2010
Houston, TX
the only thing I don't like in the mods is the extended settings
and MMS Compression? (Only certain receivers can actually
take part in the full 5mb)
anyway I can de-mod just these parts?

KoKoMaster

Feb 5, 2009
does anyone know how i can get visual voicemail back or point me to the new apk? i searched but only come up with aosp apks. and for some reason i dont have one backed up with titanium, which shouldnt be.

also, would it be possible to flash one of the other extended quick settings without messing the rom up? id like to go with just the quick settings without the recent apps section.

Last edited:

bugaboo90

Dec 25, 2010
Superuser

Should I have a superuser app with this? I don't see it in the list, but apps that require superuser access like a2sdgui, terminal emulator still work. I am used to seeing Superuser in the app list.

thx

gruesomewolf

Jan 30, 2011
Mocksville, NC
does anyone know how i can get visual voicemail back or point me to the new apk? i searched but only come up with aosp apks. and for some reason i dont have one backed up with titanium, which shouldnt be.

also, would it be possible to flash one of the other extended quick settings without messing the rom up? id like to go with just the quick settings without the recent apps section.

The ROM has Sprint's latest version of visual voicemail. As for no recent apps, that's easy I will make a mod without them.
Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Reactions: KoKoMaster

KoKoMaster

Feb 5, 2009
The ROM has Sprint's latest version of visual voicemail. As for no recent apps, that's easy I will make a mod without them.

thanks for the reply. ill be looking forward to the recent apps mod. as to the voicemail app, maybe i have a bad flash? i dont see it anywhere and i saw the next post that said he didnt see supersuser. i didnt either and i had to go get it before i could use root apps like titanium backup

i guess ill try to flash again. this doesnt wipe data right? i did a complete wipe before flashing last time but id rather not have to do that again. i dont believe i saw that info on the OP but ill look again.

edit: as opposed to re-flashing, is there anyway to extract the voicemail app from the rom zip?

edit2: i looked in the zip but dont seem to see anything pertaining to the voicemail apk in the apps folder. maybe a bad download or will it not be in there?

Last edited:

gruesomewolf

Jan 30, 2011
Mocksville, NC
thanks for the reply. ill be looking forward to the recent apps mod. as to the voicemail app, maybe i have a bad flash? i dont see it anywhere and i saw the next post that said he didnt see supersuser. i didnt either and i had to go get it before i could use root apps like titanium backup

i guess ill try to flash again. this doesnt wipe data right? i did a complete wipe before flashing last time but id rather not have to do that again. i dont believe i saw that info on the OP but ill look again.

edit: as opposed to re-flashing, is there anyway to extract the voicemail app from the rom zip?

edit2: i looked in the zip but dont seem to see anything pertaining to the voicemail apk in the apps folder. maybe a bad download or will it not be in there?

It goes to data/app, its called core.mobilty.v-notes......yeah I know its odd, but that's what sprint named it.
Edit: superuser app is in data/app also.

Last edited:

Royalfox

Jul 17, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Oh noes! This doesn't has extended quick settings, can't be my daily. But thanks for your hard work GW! Nice to see a stock rooted Rom of the new OTA

Sent from my PC36100

gruesomewolf

Jan 30, 2011
Mocksville, NC
Oh noes! This doesn't has extended quick settings, can't be my daily. But thanks for your hard work GW! Nice to see a stock rooted Rom of the new OTA

Sent from my PC36100

well it does....just not as many options as your used to seeing

I would love to have the volume wake mod and I would be set

I can make that......I just thought with the volume Rocker, and volume wake together were kinda pointless, but if you want that it wont take me long to whip it up.

Reactions: Notorious

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

POSTER_OTA.jpg

Thanks to sin for the sig I used in the making of this poster.

Team-Nocturnal OTA update

The Goods
    Code:
    -Base- Updated to 4.67 Android 2.3.5
    -Hotspot Hack added
    -Advanced Power Menu w/ 4in1 Reboot Mod
    -CRT Animations unlocked
    -Signature Verification disabled 
    -Volume Rocker mod (change song tracks by longpressing volume when screen off)
    -Status Bar Mods ****no GPS icon, true data displayed, extended Quick Settings, and Recent Apps****
    -Rosie Mods ****Right Button Re-Mapped to launchkey****
    -Browser Mod ****Tabs Extended to 7****
    -Mms Mod ****No Compress****
    -Native Screen capture enabled
    -Wireless N Fix W/ Stock Kernel
    -Custom Wallpapers and Boot Animation
    -Data App enabled
    -Bash and Nano support

Changelog

Code:
    Public Release
    This Rom was built with the Evo's latest OTA. It was built with 3 things in mind, Stability, Performance, and a Stock Feel.
    Outside of the Mods listed above this is a completely Stock Rom

[/CODE]

Thanks

Code:
    Thanks to:
    Aamikam
    Calk
    Tommy T
    Ca1ne
    Swag
    And a big majority of devs (this list could go on and on)
    Donaters (I really cant thank you enough)
    and of course my team and testers

Download Team-Nocturnals 4.67 OTA
    MD5 4fa510b9fed5505fc063cac0891618db

Team_Nocturnal.png

2012-01-30_23-13-33.jpg
    2012-01-30_23-13-36.jpg
    2012-01-30_23-13-45.jpg
    2012-01-30_23-13-49.jpg
    2012-01-30_23-13-54.jpg

Team-Nocturnal OTA W/ICSish Theme

The Goods
    Code:
    Same as above with a sick theme on top, I want to offer up both a themed and non-themed build

Changelog

Code:
    Gruesomes ICSish Theme added
    Updated some code in the android.policy that did not need to be there.

[/CODE]

Thanks

Code:
    Thanks to:
    Aamikam
    Calk
    Tommy T
    Ca1ne
    Swag
    And a big majority of devs (this list could go on and on)
    Donaters (I really cant thank you enough)
    and of course my team and testers

Download Team-Nocturnals 4.67 OTA w/ICSish Theme
    MD5 c921a6a15fdd0da900e89f9e5ceff7f4

Team_Nocturnal.png

Mods

Volume Wake only mod

and

No recent Apps in the Drop Down mod

Here

Themed Build online!!

Themed build is up....its a speciel mix of Various ICS themes and some of my own personal stuff. Nothing to over the top, just themed the frameworks the rosie the clock and the dropdown. Enjoy :D
    Hey grue, that Rosie and clock are awesome. U plan on sharing?

Sure am....I'm at work until 6:30, so sometime after that I will be releasing my themed build.