Live TV in Android TV with new Google App

Search This thread

eagles5

Feb 11, 2006
I suspect this is what popped up on my nexus player when I installed HDHomeRun view app. Shows that icon in the launcher

Reactions: xBIGREDDx

Konstigt

Dec 4, 2010
Has anyone managed to get the apk? I've tried both the evozi site and browser extension, but seemingly nothing has worked so far. It's strange that the Google Play site doesn't let you send/install it to the Nexus Player when it is currently designed specifically for Android TV.

Read comment above yours. It will be visible if you install, for example, HDHomeRun view.

eagles5

Feb 11, 2006
I originally had the HdHomerun Dual tuner (uses antenna, no native transcoding possible). It worked with nexus player using the HDhomerun view app, but wouldn't work in the live tv native app (which I think is the app this post is originally about).

However, I recently upgraded to the HDhomerun Extend (uses antenna, but CAN transcode). It now works in the native tv app, but still not 100% reliable. I'm very curious in how to get the PIP and other features shown in the live tv app listing on google play.

FISKER_Q

Feb 25, 2009
Pretty much the opposite, they want to avoid using HDMI passthrough by having broadcast TV done over the Android Player instead of the TV.

Reactions: xBIGREDDx

Haxxa

May 14, 2010
Melbourne
I use tvheadend as well, if anyone obtains apk let us know see what we can do with a bit of transcoding. I use xbmc with the TV icon which is alright and works well enough but would love official solution....

eagles5

Feb 11, 2006
The new update is great. Guide is much better and functional. But does anyone else actually get the PIP option?

myshyak

May 22, 2009
Kiev
Really wanting for the first iptv app to support those framework....would like to see my iptv channels in Google interface

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts