[Flashable GB Update]Incredible_C_GB_S_VERIZON_WWE_4.01.605.0_Radio_2.1 5.10.05.06_NV

Search This thread

s197

Jun 28, 2010
I have flashed just about every rom out there for the Dinc. I have not ever flashed a radio.
What is the benefit of flashing the new radio?
Do you flash a radio Like you flash a rom in cwm?

Thanks
Hitch

No, this radio is flashed via HBOOT not Clockwork or any other recovery. As long as you have a radio that starts with 2.15, I would wait if you are not comfortable flashing radios.

dscribe

Sep 6, 2010
Camden, AR
Do you flash a radio Like you flash a rom in cwm?

Thanks
Hitch

No, you flash radio software in bootloader. Be careful, radios are one thing that can definably brick a phone if the file is not right or something goes wrong. I'm not trying to scare (I've already loaded this new radio myself) but only trying to enjoin caution.

Put the PB31IMG.zip file on the root of your sdcard and then boot the phone into the bootloader and it should flash. (I generally have to use the buttons to select bootloader again once I get into the bootloader to get it to see and flash the file for some reason).

Hitch_Itch

Dec 13, 2010
No, this radio is flashed via HBOOT not Clockwork or any other recovery. As long as you have a radio that starts with 2.15, I would wait if you are not comfortable flashing radios.

Ok I feel like a noob all over again.
where do I check my radio ver. I just looked in settings/software and I dont see any radio info there.

Would it be the baseband version? if so mine shows 2.15.00.07.28

Currently I am on Incredibly Re Engineered 2.4

Hitch_Itch

Dec 13, 2010
No, you flash radio software in bootloader. Be careful, radios are one thing that can definably brick a phone if the file is not right or something goes wrong. I'm not trying to scare (I've already loaded this new radio myself) but only trying to enjoin caution.

Put the PB31IMG.zip file on the root of your sdcard and then boot the phone into the bootloader and it should flash. (I generally have to use the buttons to select bootloader again once I get into the bootloader to get it to see and flash the file for some reason).

Ok sorry to sound like a dumb ars, not sure where you mean when you say "put the file on the root of my sd card"

When I flash a new rom I dl it on my comp then transfer it to my phone on my sd card/downloads, then the usual clear stuff in recovery then zip from sd, nav to downloads and install.

Can I put the zip in my download folder like my roms? I dont have a root folder on my sd

thanks
Ken

dscribe

Sep 6, 2010
Camden, AR
Ok sorry to sound like a dumb ars, not sure where you mean when you say "put the file on the root of my sd card"

When I flash a new rom I dl it on my comp then transfer it to my phone on my sd card/downloads, then the usual clear stuff in recovery then zip from sd, nav to downloads and install.

Can I put the zip in my download folder like my roms? I dont have a root folder on my sd

thanks
Ken

No, don't put it in the download folder put it in the root folder. In other words, don't put it in any folder.

cheez99

Oct 23, 2009

thanks
Ken
The "root" of any directory is the very beginning of it. So for your SD card, just place it on the SD card in the main directory. Don't place it under any sub directories or folders.

Reactions: Hitch_Itch

cjcarter1254

Sep 28, 2010
Yeah what they both said only better

The root of the sd card is just where it is in the main part and not in a folder.

Sent from my Incredible using XDA Premium App

Hitch_Itch

Dec 13, 2010
The "root" of any directory is the very beginning of it. So for your SD card, just place it on the SD card in the main directory. Don't place it under any sub directories or folders.

DOH, I should have thought about that, I knew that, just didnt think of it.

So since my radio is 2.15 is there any benefit to installing the new radio?

badogg

Mar 11, 2011
I don't get frustrated easily, but holy crap how many times can the same thing be answered IN THE SAME THREAD?

js25

Nov 6, 2010
Anyone having problems getting into the bootloader after flashing this Rom? I am pressing the power and volume down buttons and it won't launch into hboot

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to 911sniper for the leak....

Here is a flashable version of the Incredible_C_GB_S_VERIZON_WWE_4.01.605.0_Radio_2.15.10.05.06_NV_1.70_PRL58006_test_191700 Leak.

It's rooted, has had busybox added and some apk's updated.

Link
    - 164.1mb (Untested Since I don't own an Incredible)
    Updated Radio

devicezi.png

- Thanks to shoman24v

Enjoy!
    ever thing sum to work right even camera

Everything but your auto correct... Hahaha... J/K

Sent from my Bad Seed Customs themed XDA app!
    ever thing sum to work right even camera

So you flashed it and it is running smooth? Just wanted a confirmation as I am downloading it right now.
    I just flashed it, it's booting as I type.
    I flashed the new radio with this leak. Working great so far. 2.15.10.05.06
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1087166