Just ordered this Atrix lapdock

Search This thread

premier

Jul 18, 2007
Connection Problem

I received the Lapdock and ordered a micro USB and a micro HDMI extension.
But the micro HDMI extension cable seems not to fit perfectly on the lapdock even if I remove the plastic spacer.
Sometimes I get a connection when holding the phone/cables in a special position, I see the Webtop user interface but cant move the mouse (with touchpad LED on and off), it doesnt respond to pressing keys on the keyboard.
After a very short time (some seconds) the connection breaks, lapdock screen shows whether "no connection" or a red "M" Motorola screensaver.
Sometimes when the lid is closed the razr asks if to clone the screen or similar.
Im using Gingerbread O2 Germany. Already tried a second micro HDMI extension cable with almost same results.

Has someone a solution for this? :confused:

By the way the HDMI cable has a "KMASHI" label on it.

Last edited:

adrialk

Sep 22, 2011
I have a RAZR lapdock for sale. Brand new. Contact me if interested.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

glazar

Aug 23, 2008
Vitoria - ES
I'm looking for some promotion of the RAZR Lapdock for but not found any.

Anyone know of any site that sells the Lapdock 100 or 500 and send it to Brazil?

sekall12

Sep 30, 2009
Leipzig
I received the Lapdock and ordered a micro USB and a micro HDMI extension.
But the micro HDMI extension cable seems not to fit perfectly on the lapdock even if I remove the plastic spacer.
Sometimes I get a connection when holding the phone/cables in a special position, I see the Webtop user interface but cant move the mouse (with touchpad LED on and off), it doesnt respond to pressing keys on the keyboard.
After a very short time (some seconds) the connection breaks, lapdock screen shows whether "no connection" or a red "M" Motorola screensaver.
Sometimes when the lid is closed the razr asks if to clone the screen or similar.
Im using Gingerbread O2 Germany. Already tried a second micro HDMI extension cable with almost same results.

Has someone a solution for this? :confused:

By the way the HDMI cable has a "KMASHI" label on it.

I had this issue with my Atrix lapdock - but I didn't have any extension cables. It used to work for a few seconds (Webtop started, I could use mouse etc.) but then it broke down to all the error you described. I guess Motorola had a hardware revision so ppl won't use a cheaper Atrix lapdock with newer phones.

So it seems to be sort of gambling to receive a Razr compatible Atrix lapdock. :(

ksaplostra

May 10, 2010
I just got me a lapdock 100,can i use whatever usb mouse-wireless?

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts