[Q] I think I bricked my phone.

Search This thread

nostang3

Apr 1, 2011
I was going a back up on my phone in twrp and noticed that the time was off. I read that if you reflash twrp(2.6.3.3) that it would fix the issue. I used freegee to do it the first time and it worked fine since I couldn't get any other program to flash twrp successfully. I received a snapchat while freegee was flashing so i checked it out(big mistake in hindsight). I then attempted to go back to freegee but it wasn't listed in recent apps. So I loaded up freegee again and it acted like it was the first time. I attempted to flash twrp again and it finished successfully but when I tried to restart my phone it does nothing. Was the other Freegee running and didn't finish correctly causing this?

If I hold the power button down it will just vibrate in ~15 second intervals
No LG logo, no back light.
No download mode.
No Recovery.
Tried disconnecting battery cable and plugging phone in to reach download mode.

I've tried a few things on other sites like trying to flash via linux but my phone won't show up. It wont' show up when plugged in to my laptop either

Is it a lost cause?Do I just take it back to the store and say the phone died and won't reboot?

Any help would be appreciated.

1heffer

Mar 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
I was going a back up on my phone in twrp and noticed that the time was off. I read that if you reflash twrp(2.6.3.3) that it would fix the issue. I used freegee to do it the first time and it worked fine since I couldn't get any other program to flash twrp successfully. I received a snapchat while freegee was flashing so i checked it out(big mistake in hindsight). I then attempted to go back to freegee but it wasn't listed in recent apps. So I loaded up freegee again and it acted like it was the first time. I attempted to flash twrp again and it finished successfully but when I tried to restart my phone it does nothing. Was the other Freegee running and didn't finish correctly causing this?

No download mode.
No Recovery.

I've tried a few things on other sites like trying to flash via linux but my phone won't show up. It wont' show up when plugged in to my laptop either

Is it a lost cause?Do I just take it back to the store and say the phone died and won't reboot?

Just to be clear, when plugging the usb cable in you were holding volume up right?
If so, you could try this.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582142

I think a lot of people are having problems with freegee lately. Flashify is working great, however.

Reactions: nostang3

nostang3

Apr 1, 2011
Just to be clear, when plugging the usb cable in you were holding volume up right?

I think a lot of people are having problems with freegee lately. Flashify is working great, however.

Yeah, I've tried all possible combinations. Vol up with power, volume down with power, hold power for 15 seconds, hold power for 1 minute, hold power for 2 mins. I even took the case off, removed the battery connection and tried the Vol up plus plugging in usb cable.

I tried the linux thing in that thread before posting but it won't recognize my phone to even try it.

Last edited:

1heffer

Mar 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
Yeah, I've tried all possible combinations. Vol up with power, volume down with power, hold power for 15 seconds, hold power for 1 minute, hold power for 2 mins. I even took the case off, removed the battery connection and tried the Vol up plus plugging in usb cable.

I tried the linux thing in that thread before posting but it won't recognize my phone to even try it.

Okay, I think this one then.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51810022&postcount=38

It sounds like a similar situation.

nostang3

Apr 1, 2011

1heffer

Mar 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
It's actually mostly the same process as before, since my phone isn't recognized in linux I can't transfer any files to it. I have been all over the internet and found a lot of threads but all of the require the phone to be recognized by the OS or boot into some mode.

Thanks for looking.

Yeah, I think thats what the first part of that post is referencing. If you read posts before that one, he couldn't get his device recognized either.

Hopefully someone else will chime in, this is actually a bit over my head at the moment.

1heffer

Mar 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
Yeah, I think thats what the first part of that post is referencing. If you read posts before that one, he couldn't get his device recognized either.

Hopefully someone else will chime in, this is actually a bit over my head at the moment.

Ok, he didn't have gdisk installed. Do you?
Did you get output after ls/dev/sd* ?

nostang3

Apr 1, 2011
Ok, he didn't have gdisk installed. Do you?
Did you get output after ls/dev/sd* ?

I had to Apt-get to get it. Once I got it and listed the devices I only got like 4 listed or something close to this: /dev/sda /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 /dev/sda5

So I attempted the rest with /dev/sda5 but it was giving me errors. I'll attempt it again here after Ubuntu downloads and post the results.

1heffer

Mar 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
So when I run

I get

I tried

but replaced sdc with each variation of the ones above and none of them returned anything like the list in this thread.

You're definately not getting anything back with more than 1 or 2 partitions. Could be a brick :( . Maybe if you're lucky you just overlooked some seemingly minute detail. Possibly try a different usb port or different computer.....sorry bud.

There are quite a few "bricked" threads in q&a, and some in dev. Maybe combing through all of that will shed a little light on the subject.
Good luck

nostang3

Apr 1, 2011
You're definately not getting anything back with more than 1 or 2 partitions. Could be a brick :( . Maybe if you're lucky you just overlooked some seemingly minute detail. Possibly try a different usb port or different computer.....sorry bud.

There are quite a few "bricked" threads in q&a, and some in dev. Maybe combing through all of that will shed a little light on the subject.
Good luck

I searched on this forum and no dice. Since it's not being recognized I'm screwed. I tried doing a different computer with no luck.

nostang3

Apr 1, 2011
Had the EXACT same issue, I just got a replacement.
The only different thing, I was messing around with basebands.
NOT a good idea.

I have one being shipped to me as well but I was hoping to somehow get some files off the sd card(if there is one). I have some pictures that mean alot to me.

hiddenfive

Jan 7, 2014
Chicago
I have one being shipped to me as well but I was hoping to somehow get some files off the sd card(if there is one). I have some pictures that mean alot to me.

No backups stored on computer? Didn't backup to google cloud? No cloud backups?
I tried recovering the data for about 6 hours. No dice.
Also, to my knowledge, there is no SD card in the phone, maybe solder points for one but I don't know.

nostang3

Apr 1, 2011
Also, to my knowledge, there is no SD card in the phone, maybe solder points for one but I don't know.

I had plans to do a cloud backup today, but the error happened. I learned a lot today. Lol. Won't happen again. If it does I'll have a backup.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No download mode.
    No Recovery.

Okay, I think this one then.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51810022&postcount=38

It sounds like a similar situation.
    It's actually mostly the same process as before, since my phone isn't recognized in linux I can't transfer any files to it. I have been all over the internet and found a lot of threads but all of the require the phone to be recognized by the OS or boot into some mode.

Thanks for looking.