Getting Nexus One ADB/USB Mount working (Driver)

Search This thread

ccunningham83

Feb 13, 2009
Dallas
in your command prompt you have to be in the c:\android-sdk-windows\tools\ directory for it to work

Can't you go into the Enviroment Variables and change the class path so you don't have to be in the folder? I think I can figure it out how to change it so I don't have to be in the \tools folder, but I would also like to eliminate having to type "adb-windows" before every command, when I could just type "adb".

timal

Dec 24, 2008
For Vista make sure you use: adb-windows devices
instead of my normal adb devices. You should see your phone listed then. A previous post of this showed me the light ! :)

11ryan11

Sep 2, 2009
www.twitter.com
Can't you go into the Enviroment Variables and change the class path so you don't have to be in the folder? I think I can figure it out how to change it so I don't have to be in the \tools folder, but I would also like to eliminate having to type "adb-windows" before every command, when I could just type "adb".

no... that will make it so you dont have to type the windows-adb ...
add the tools directory to the path system variables

you will need to be in the tools directory on your command prompt however... unless you copy-paste all the files in the tools directly to the C drive... then you can type straight from C

Last edited:

Swervo

Jul 24, 2008
And then, promptly after unlocking it, adb devices just shows me the ????????? again. The method I posted above to make it work in Linux appears to not be a valid method, as it's not working now.

On the plus side, fastboot works like a charm.

evan742

May 25, 2008
Got the nexus plugged in through USB in debugging mode, installed this driver. When I do adb remount I get error message: "error: device not found"
What am I doing wrong? Does this driver not work for Windows XP?

timal

Dec 24, 2008
Got the nexus plugged in through USB in debugging mode, installed this driver. When I do adb remount I get error message: "error: device not found"
What am I doing wrong? Does this driver not work for Windows XP?

First type adb-windows devices and see if it sees your phone. Mine would not work until I typed the - between adb-windows.

Alleviate

Jul 19, 2009
Nothing will happen, ADB doesn't start interacting with your phone without you explicitly telling it to. Also, if you don't have debugging turned on on your phone, then it won't even if you do explicitly tell it to. Feel free to mount the drive on it.

Alright thanks dude :). It worked!

Beast84

Oct 28, 2007
Albuquerque
Are there different drivers for XP? I have tried & tried but no luck with either adb or adb-windows. I could never get adb running on my MyTouch but I had it running on my G1 just fine

ITechJunkie

Nov 23, 2009
Confirmed Working

I successfully have gotten adb working with my N1 as a regular user.

Set up a new file called /etc/udev/rules.d/52-android.rules
Instead of using:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666"

Replace "0bb4" with "18d1"
It should then look like this:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="18d1", MODE="0666"

Then restart the udev service and the adb server or simply reboot.

I'm not a udev expert but I'll do my best to answer any questions on this subject.

Edit:
I should have specified that this was for linux in case that wasn't obvious in the first place.

Last edited:

Swervo

Jul 24, 2008
I successfully have gotten adb working with my N1 as a regular user.

Set up a new file called /etc/udev/rules.d/52-android.rules
Instead of using:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666"

Replace "0bb4" with "18d1"
It should then look like this:

Then restart the udev service and the adb server or simply reboot.

I'm not a udev expert but I'll do my best to answer any questions on this subject.

Edit:
I should have specified that this was for linux in case that wasn't obvious in the first place.

Looking good for me...I had to kill and restart adb after doing this, then unplug my phone and plug it back in again, but adb devices is recognizing it again! Now, to see if it'll stay working...

mordecai84

Jan 9, 2010
I'm on Ubuntu 9.10, and I can't get fastboot devices to list anything.

I got fastboot from the superboot archive in the N1 rooting thread. Then I got adb to recognize my N1 by adding the file 52-android.rules to /etc/udev/rules.d The contents are:

Code:
I restarted udev with
Code:
service udev restart
Then the following works after unplugging and replugging in my phone:
Code:
./adb-linux devices
List of devices attached 
HT9CSPXXXXXX	device
However, fastboot doesn't work:
Code:
[streeter]:~/android/1.1-nexusone-superboot$ ./fastboot-linux devices
[streeter]:~/android/1.1-nexusone-superboot$
Any thoughts?

Swervo

Jul 24, 2008
Are you in fastboot on the phone? Mine won't show up unless I power off, then power back on holding the trackball down and wait for the bootloader to show up with "fastbootusb" showing.

Ssantos6981

Oct 17, 2006
Yonkers
still cannot connect...

I'm still having trouble. I updated the nexus one drivers, but I still cannot connect to adb.

I've tried to find the phone using adb-windows devices, and adb devices but neither way does the phone show up. The USB debugging is checked off.

Is there a specific method of doing it? do I have to be in the recovery, bootloader or the fastboot? Either way, I do not see the phone.

I've tried updating other drivers for this phone (composite usb device and the mass storage device but I keep getting the message best drivers are already installed).

I have vista and had my g1 working on it.

It seems my old ADB drivers (that I had thrown into the system32 folder in order to perform adb from anywhere) were conflicting with the new ones I am trying to use. I deleted the old, restarted and voila.

Last edited:

mordecai84

Jan 9, 2010
Are you in fastboot on the phone? Mine won't show up unless I power off, then power back on holding the trackball down and wait for the bootloader to show up with "fastbootusb" showing.

That was the issue. I kept missing the 'boot into fastboot usb' mode directions. Did that and I was able to get fastboot to detect the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download This file and extract.

hit Windows Key + r

Type in devmgmt.msc

right click on nexus one

click update

update from location on computer.

select that folder.

---------------Notes-------------
    Be sure to enable debugging on your phone via Settings>Applications>Devlopment>USB debugging.

Confirmed working on:

Win 7 Ultimate x64/x86
    Win 7 Home Edition x86?
    Win Vista
    XP Home x86
    XP Pro x64/x86