[ROOT] 4.4.2 Working one-click

Search This thread

PsychoKilla666

Jul 5, 2009
I did both these to my 801 that came with kk 4.4.2 from the store. towelroot did its thing, install supersu from the play store, reboot, run autorec and let it do its thing. reboot to recovery. profit.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
so this method makes reverting to 4.2.2 and rooting the old way completely obsolete, correct?
I'm referring to this guide, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2673736
does this method have all the same benefits? loki-fy, etc
thanks in advance, i just got my G2 back from insurance claim and it came with 4.4.2, I'd love to skip that old lengthy guide if possible
XD

DsturbD

Feb 27, 2012
Kannapolis, NC
so this method makes reverting to 4.2.2 and rooting the old way completely obsolete, correct?
thanks in advance, i just got my G2 back from insurance claim and it came with 4.4.2, I'd love to skip that old lengthy guide if possible
XD

I only had my G2 for a week before I traded it in on the Nexus 5 so I wouldn't know what Loki was if it slapped me in the face. All I know is that I had root, twrp, and could flash any ROM I wanted to

Reactions: PsychoKilla666

Howie Dub

Apr 13, 2011
XD

I think the easiest way would be to use the LG mobile support tool to flash the latest software onto your phone. Then use towelroot to root and AutoRec to install TWRP. You will lose knock knock, but if you flash Cloudyfa's v1.3 kernel, you will get it back.

Reactions: PsychoKilla666

Lanman1978

Feb 19, 2013
Used towelroot and it worked without a hitch. Possibly the easiest way to root the G2. Thanks for posting.

kt0ce

Oct 31, 2007
Hi guys, I have a question. I used towelroot to use autohide nav bar to take full advantage of the screen.. If there is an update, is it safe for me to update with just root or what do i have to do to get the update safely . Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

DurbanPoison24

Jan 30, 2011
So if I unroot and go back to 4.2.2 can I root with this method? My current root with the 4.2.2 partitions is shaky and I would like to re-root with a more easier/safer(I guess) method..?

bhaismachine

Feb 14, 2011
Dallas
Perfect!

This was extremely easy and fast! I have a rooted LG G2 running Mahdi but a friend of mine recently bought a G2. It came installed with 4.4.2 and I thought that I will have to go with the lengthy process of first downgrading to 4.2.2 and then rooting and then TWRP but this made it a process that took only 5 minutes

So these were my steps

1) towelroot
2) Install Supersu apk
3) Installed autorec and let it do it's job. Got working TWRP recovery
4) Then Installed latest recovery from here

My friend is running Cloudy G3 rom now :) Thanks !

PHug

Aug 27, 2005
DC
Did not work for me

This did not work for me.

Looking for a way to root T-mobile LG-G2

Software info in the picture

*** UPDATE: Stump Root worked!

Attachments

• 2014-11-26-11-44-03.png
    2014-11-26-11-44-03.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 663
Last edited:

sam298

Apr 19, 2007
Denver, CO
Towel root currently doesn't support D801 20G firmware. It only works up to D801 20E. There is no root that works currently for d80120g firmware that tmobile released recently.

Root works on D80120G firmware using stump root - brute force attack. See my signature for links. First time booted couple of times. Installed supersu and autorec for twrp recovery. Works great.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let me start by saying: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS!!

I stumbled upon this thread, and thought we could use it.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2787466

I can verify this method. I just used it on my device.

Enjoy.

You're welcome.

To further the ease of life, TWRP installation is just as simple!

AGAIN: **I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR DEVELOPING THIS** Just finding it. . ;)

Once you root with the above method, go to

http://www.editandroid.com/how-to-install-twrp-recovery-on-lg-g2-running-android-4-4-2-kitkat/

Install AutoRec from the link above.. And.. Happy flashing.

Again, you're welcome.

Perfect!

This was extremely easy and fast! I have a rooted LG G2 running Mahdi but a friend of mine recently bought a G2. It came installed with 4.4.2 and I thought that I will have to go with the lengthy process of first downgrading to 4.2.2 and then rooting and then TWRP but this made it a process that took only 5 minutes

So these were my steps

1) towelroot
    2) Install Supersu apk
    3) Installed autorec and let it do it's job. Got working TWRP recovery
    4) Then Installed latest recovery from here

My friend is running Cloudy G3 rom now :) Thanks !
    i just did this on my new KK g2, already had 4.4.2 on it when i got it friday and i asked this question in another thread, but didnt get a response. so this method of rooting will not keep us from getting future OTAs but will more than likely loose root, is that what you are saying? and that this method may not work on say 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 (which just hit the nexus 5)?

so this method of rooting will not keep us from getting future OTAs... correct

but will more than likely loose root... correct, but there are apk's that can prevent it

and that this method may not work on say 4.4.3 or 4.4.4... correct
    I appreciate the link. Sorry if I didn't specify, but I'm actually looking for installing the recovery on 4.2.2. I'll most likely just use the above method for 4.4.2, but it's always nice to have a back up plan :)

If you are already rooted... just use Flashify and use this TWRP img. - LINK

Boot into recovery and then flash the newest TWRP... 2.7.0.0 or 2.7.1.0

I've had issue with 2.7.1.0 save backups correctly, so I stick with 2.7.0.0

You can also use PhilZ CWM Advanced Edition - LINK

EDIT: I posted the link to PhilZ CWM Advanced Edition for the Samsung GS3... Fix and sorry