VOIP (SIP) on Rapahel / HTC Touch Pro ???

Search This thread

Goose80

Sep 15, 2008
Hello.
I want to buy HTC Touch Pro, but it is importand that VOIP (SIP) is working on this device.

Can somone tell me if it works or not???
Thank you,

Flippy_TK

Aug 26, 2008
That is a very good question Goose;
The firm where I work is migrating to VOIP, and I'd like to use the HTC as main line phone.
Let's hope someone tested the VOIP on the Raphael...

Flippy_TK

Aug 26, 2008
Thanks Lepermessiah,
I'll test it as soon as I receive my device back from repair (1 week hopefully) and keep you posted on how this SIP VOIP client runs...

Flippy_TK

Aug 26, 2008
Lol, you too Mrvanx?
Seem that the Raphael is like Vista: they released it too early without fully testing it and resolving all the bugs...

Goose80

Sep 15, 2008
It is pointless to buy such advenced smartphone without voip support.

I mean, it is whole point with wifi on it.
Ow yes, we can browse web, but I can't really find it fun to use Opera Mobile on a small screen.

zex11

Sep 4, 2008
It is possible to make Voip calls using skype for ppc. there is a download availible on ppc warez

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
And when skype became SIP?
I asked about SIP based VOIP not Skype.

Like i mentioned try the thread above and see how you get on, on my other device (HTC Hermes) it works a charm, VoIP was part of Windows mobile however it never seemed to make it to any of the official builds, mostly because obviously it takes business/revenue away from a mobile network provider correct?

Why present the customer with a subsidised handset which can bypass thier mobile network to make calls for free/cheap??

Caind

Sep 16, 2008
I tried to connect my touch pro to my asterisk server using the "built in" client. It kind of worked, I could initiate/answer calls over wifi, but about 2 seconds after the call connected the phone went in to sleep mode and cut off the wifi connection, tried messing around with the settings in advanced config but nothing helped. Also with the VIOP cab installed it is impossible to use the GPS.
I wouldn't recommend it.

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
I tried to connect my touch pro to my asterisk server using the "built in" client. It kind of worked, I could initiate/answer calls over wifi, but about 2 seconds after the call connected the phone went in to sleep mode and cut off the wifi connection, tried messing around with the settings in advanced config but nothing helped. Also with the VIOP cab installed it is impossible to use the GPS.
I wouldn't recommend it.

Yes i noticed the GPS conflicted with the driver, pretty sure there is a solution in the thread.

Take a look in advanced config (3.2) i THINK there is a setting in there to stop the device sleeping as a call is made, i WOULD look but my raph doesnt get back to me until either tomorrow or the day after.

zex11

Sep 4, 2008
i am ignorant apparently, so what is the difference between SIP and voip skype calls?

why can I not refer to ppc warez?

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
i am ignorant apparently, so what is the difference between SIP and voip skype calls?

why can I not refer to ppc warez?

SIP is a protocal which many VoIP providers use, see explanation here.

Skype is a brand name, they use thier own protocol to communicate hence thier own software. the "built in" VoIP drivers use SIP so you can use any provider you like which supports SIP.

onesolo

Apr 18, 2006
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
After all, is this possible or not??
I can voip with SJphone and Fring, but they have the problem of the external speaker, but I cannot voip using the multiple tutorials here on xda to make voip calls with the phone (without 3rd party programs...)

apd

Dec 8, 2006
London
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra

zex11

Sep 4, 2008
yes that is true, but i didnt refer to illegal software, skype mobile is free to use. i refered to ppc only because there are a lot of advices if something is wrong with installation or something else. nothing more.
sorry anyways

Goose80

Sep 15, 2008
Guys.
Is there any 3part SIP software, just software so we canuse any VOIP provider with SIP suport?

To be cleared: I do not have this phone, I want to know if VOIP over SIP will work before buying it, if not, I have to wait for fix or other phone...