[Q] Is there a way to connect a X8 to a TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ivanjkd

Aug 1, 2011
Hey guys,

I wonder if there is a way to connect our x8 with a tv, that would be nice, Seeing the extra connectors on the earphones jack, i can only assume that there is some special cable that plugs there.

Plus a bluetooth keyboard will make going online lot easier, connected to your TV?

Maybe a ebay link if someone knows?

Asycid

Apr 28, 2011
Apparently, I think there is a way See the screen on TV.

I'm sure there is an app for x8 that streams the screen to a PC. After this, you only have to connect the PC to the TV. Hope this helps.

BierLiebHaber

Aug 21, 2011
Berlin
Apparently, I think there is a way See the screen on TV.

I'm sure there is an app for x8 that streams the screen to a PC. After this, you only have to connect the PC to the TV. Hope this helps.

there is an app to stream the x8 screen to a pc? over what usb? and how do you watch it?

/topic
you could mod the lcd flex cable to a vga/dvi plug though i dont think there is enough space for the cables and how the data is transmissions in the flax cable (what codec)...

Asycid

Apr 28, 2011
nice but i think it would defy his use since if he could/wanted to connect a PC to a TV he wouldnt need the phone to surf.

But this way, he gets the keyboard too!
BTW I tried this software and I must say it's really impressive. Only backshot is that its FPS is about 4-5 what is not so much. BUT if you want to show pictures to the whole family, it can be a more easier way than to upload them to the PC.
If you have a wireless headset, you even can control your phone calls from the PC too! Not to mention that you can easily write SMS with keyboard instead of the touch screen.

Nikkopt

Jun 17, 2008
Almada
/topic
you could mod the lcd flex cable to a vga/dvi plug though i dont think there is enough space for the cables and how the data is transmissions in the flax cable (what codec)...

LOL!
Srsly, how can people even suggest things like these?
If you don't know about what you are talking about then ask first.

Sent from my E15i using XDA App

BierLiebHaber

Aug 21, 2011
Berlin
LOL!
Srsly, how can people even suggest things like these?
If you don't know about what you are talking about then ask first.

Sent from my E15i using XDA App

why i suggested it since its pretty much the only way to get the x8 image on a TV screen without a PC and LAN.
plus:
I know for a fact that ppl hacked their GBCs and GBs to have a VGA connection so it should be possible... I didnt say I could do it but it would be possible.

Nikkopt

Jun 17, 2008
Almada
why i suggested it since its pretty much the only way to get the x8 image on a TV screen without a PC and LAN.
plus:
I know for a fact that ppl hacked their GBCs and GBs to have a VGA connection so it should be possible... I didnt say I could do it but it would be possible.

"its pretty much the only way to get the x8 image on a TV screen without a PC and LAN" and still you insist this is possible...
And about the gameboy example, google how they did it and tell me if it's as easy and feasible as you think.
If it is possible, it's certainly not on the lcd flex..

BierLiebHaber

Aug 21, 2011
Berlin
"its pretty much the only way to get the x8 image on a TV screen without a PC and LAN" and still you insist this is possible...
And about the gameboy example, google how they did it and tell me if it's as easy and feasible as you think.
If it is possible, it's certainly not on the lcd flex..
yes i am insisting that it is possible but i didnt say it was feasible or easy (or should be done by me or the topc starter)
about the gameboy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fX7143X_gQ
once again not easy or feasible but that wasnt the point i was trying to make. i just said it is (read would be) possible.

Nikkopt

Jun 17, 2008
Almada
yes i am insisting that it is possible but i didnt say it was feasible or easy (or should be done by me or the topc starter)
about the gameboy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fX7143X_gQ
once again not easy or feasible but that wasnt the point i was trying to make. i just said it is (read would be) possible.

This is what you said :

"you could mod the lcd flex cable to a vga/dvi plug though i dont think there is enough space for the cables and how the data is transmissions in the flax cable (what codec)..."

It just says here he could "mod" the flex so he could connect a vga/dvi plug on it, you are just unsure if the wires could fit or not, you also state that what passes tru the flex is a video stream but i'm not even touching that subject.
So ok, you just solder some wires to the flex or the flex header, attach the other end of the wires to the dvi/vga plug and you are done.

Now look at the video you sent me, the guy is using an altera dev board (looks like a cyclone II starter, which costs more than 200 dollars) to poorly convert the simple lcd signals of the gameboy pocket into vga. Now imagine doing the same thing into something 5000x more complex and that uses a completely different signaling interface. Can it be done? Probably yes, with equipment that costs thousands and thousands of dollars and an intelligent guy with solid knowledge in electronics. Imagine how many phones with hdmi you could buy with that money.
Also, it would be easier to find a video out on the SOC pins than doing that (if it has one)

BierLiebHaber

Aug 21, 2011
Berlin
This is what you said :

"you could mod the lcd flex cable to a vga/dvi plug though i dont think there is enough space for the cables and how the data is transmissions in the flax cable (what codec)..."

It just says here he could "mod" the flex so he could connect a vga/dvi plug on it, you are just unsure if the wires could fit or not, you also state that what passes tru the flex is a video stream but i'm not even touching that subject.
So ok, you just solder some wires to the flex or the flex header, attach the other end of the wires to the dvi/vga plug and you are done.

Now look at the video you sent me, the guy is using an altera dev board (looks like a cyclone II starter, which costs more than 200 dollars) to poorly convert the simple lcd signals of the gameboy pocket into vga. Now imagine doing the same thing into something 5000x more complex and that uses a completely different signaling interface. Can it be done? Probably yes, with equipment that costs thousands and thousands of dollars and an intelligent guy with solid knowledge in electronics. Imagine how many phones with hdmi you could buy with that money.
Also, it would be easier to find a video out on the SOC pins than doing that (if it has one)

ok i have to admit i have made it sound too easy but i didnt mean just solder wires to the felx header and plug them into a vga or dvi plug. (and yes i do know that you dont transmision video streams to the lcd...)
anyways next time I'll be carefull not to write something that i didnt think about for less that 20 secs ;) *sry*

ivanjkd

Aug 1, 2011
Ipod classic 4th generation can do that, it is freaking let down that a 2010 phone cannot!

TimeWasterNL

Sep 16, 2011
Zwolle
www.plplpl.nl
I remember i've connected my laptop to our TV via HDMI a while ago, so with this it should be done easily with one of those screen streaming programs.
Connecting a 3.5mm to 3.55mm jack cable between the line-out and line-in of the pc would also give sound.
Though i don't think you meant getting a PC with it along :p

The special hole along the audio cable is for microphone, if you have a Nintendo DS, you'll find the same connector below, i think.

RockitOut11

Dec 28, 2010
1. Install DroidExplorer on your computer
2. Enable USB Debug on your device
3. Plugin the usb cable on your phone and computer (you need to have the phone drivers installed on your computer, or SE PC Suite)
4. Open DroidExplorer and find the ScreenCast or whatelse and...
5. Connect your computer to your TV
6. Thank me in this post

Reactions: DeFcOn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts