[Q] Disable and oc?

Search This thread

nagle3092

Feb 7, 2010
'Merica
OK so I know most games aren't multithreaded so with my N7 in route I was thinking about this. Has anyone disabled 2 cores and oced the live ones and the GPU more? Since most games wouldn't use them it could help cut down on heat and battery consumption providing the games aren't locking themselves to threads. So I was wondering if anyone could try it or if they have post the results.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

EvanA

Nov 15, 2012
thelinuxman.us
OK so I know most games aren't multithreaded so with my N7 in route I was thinking about this. Has anyone disabled 2 cores and oced the live ones and the GPU more? Since most games wouldn't use them it could help cut down on heat and battery consumption providing the games aren't locking themselves to threads. So I was wondering if anyone could try it or if they have post the results.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Android should be automatically disabling cores when they are not being used. So if you were to overclock the CPU and then go into a game which doesn't use all the cores, the extra cores should be disabled. I am not 100% on this but this is how I understand it should work.

erica_renee

Sep 16, 2010
Louisville
The linux kernel that android runs on top of controls the cpu I do not think the apps have to be CPU CORE aware.. This is due to the memory and power management of Android and arm processors.. Yes i know its much deeper then this but basically the system handles this NOT THE APPS THEMSELVES.. If Apps has to be aware of the cpu/ cores to use them there would be so mach broken apps across devices.

If im wrong please explain.