M7_WLV PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
CID_VZW__001
HBOOT-1.55.0000
RADIO-1.12.41.1112_2
OpenDSP-v33.120.274.0913
OS-2.10.605.1
eMMC-boot 2048MB

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I'm running the latest OTA update from Verizon Wireless (not 4.4, but the latest 4.3), and I tried to use Firewater to go S-OFF, and it worked. However, due to a typographical error, I couldn't flash ClockworkMod Recovery. I misinterpreted that Typographical error as a problem on the phone, and I began to follow the instructions to reflash the RUU/firmware. So I used the command "ADB OEM relock", and flashed the latest signed firmware from this forum (used the Full firmware/radio zip file 2.10.605.1 firmware.zip) using ADB with success (took 2 tries, as expected, and rebooted the phone after.

However, when I rerun Firewater, the temp root step works, but when I run the "real deal", I get a message along the lines of "it doesn't look like there's a helluva lot to do here," implying that firewater thinks that it has already unlocked the phone. I checked my bootloader after my first retry of Firewater, and to my surprise, it still says *** RELOCKED *** at the top of the bootloader--I was under the impression that the RUU/firmware reload would remove that and set things to defaults.

It is possible that I didn't flash the correctly RUU I suppose, but I truly believe I did. The instructional guide I followed to a T told me that I would likely not succeed the first time around and to run it again, and the phone/adb did not deviate from that. Does anyone have any ideas? Would a factory reset of the phone possibly clear the error that I'm seeing, and allow Firewater to work again? I would reflash the entire stock factory image; however, AFAIK I need to be S-OFF before I can do that!

Thanks,
RS

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2014
Advice is free in irc;) you are s-off still. Do you have custom recovery installed or stock?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Well, I know it's free, but I like to support the devs who work tirelessly to provide these services to the community--I already tossed a few bucks your way :good:

So we're on the same page:
I am S-OFF, but the bootloader is locked

I am currently on the factory recovery. No aftermarket software (other than the Firewater of course) is installed. I just did a factory reset to have a blank slate to start on.

Any ideas on how I can re unlock my bootloader?

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
Well, I know it's free, but I like to support the devs who work tirelessly to provide these services to the community--I already tossed a few bucks your way :good:

I am currently on the factory recovery. No aftermarket software (other than the Firewater of course) is installed. I just did a factory reset to have a blank slate to start on.

locked bootloader is just an inconvenience on an s-off device, but don't do that again. Several ways to change that status to unlocked, easiests is probably:

1.) boot to android
2.) adb shell
3.) /data/local/tmp/temproot
4.) wait (forever)
5.) (copy/paste this) echo -ne "HTCU" | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=33796
6.) reboot bootloader

you should be unlocked. Copy/paste that 5th item, don't screw it up.

Reactions: rollinstone157
Feb 6, 2014
You're the Man

locked bootloader is just an inconvenience on an s-off device, but don't do that again. Several ways to change that status to unlocked, easiests is probably:

1.) boot to android
2.) adb shell
4.) wait (forever)
5.) (copy/paste this) echo -ne "HTCU" | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=33796
6.) reboot bootloader

Thank you so much, my bootloader now successfully and properly says "Unlocked" at the top.

Just cause I'm curious, can you briefly explain what the 5th command did?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Advice is free in irc;) you are s-off still. Do you have custom recovery installed or stock?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

1.) boot to android
    2.) adb shell
    4.) wait (forever)
    6.) reboot bootloader