[Q] Since HBOOT 2.10.0000 WiFi won't connect

Search This thread

soapy

Nov 4, 2006
I have a new 802.11ac access point that all the devices in my house can connect to fine including multiple nexus devices, macs and pcs.

I updated recently to the new HBOOT using this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639180

I have tried the rom listed in the above thread along with PAC-man and Carbon from the Original Development

I have tried flashing the radio out of the 4.13.651.4 update which didn't work.

I have tried forcing 2.4ghz or 5ghz which didn't work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
I have a new 802.11ac access point that all the devices in my house can connect to fine including multiple nexus devices, macs and pcs.

I updated recently to the new HBOOT using this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639180

I have tried the rom listed in the above thread along with PAC-man and Carbon from the Original Development

I have tried flashing the radio out of the 4.13.651.4 update which didn't work.

I have tried forcing 2.4ghz or 5ghz which didn't work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Did you ruu or flash firmware thru bootloader?

HTC Jewel
HBOOT 2.10 S-OFF (rumrunner)
Android 4.3 Sense 5.5 V3

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
Flashed through bootloader.

I hate to say it but I would try the ruu. It has been expressly stated that running the ruu is recommended. I know it'll wipe your phone again but it might solve your issue. From the way I took it is flashing the firmware update through the bootloader is like "dirty flashing" a rom and the ruu is a "clean flash"

HTC Jewel
Android 4.3 Sense 5.5 V3

soapy

Nov 4, 2006
I hate to say it but I would try the ruu. It has been expressly stated that running the ruu is recommended. I know it'll wipe your phone again but it might solve your issue. From the way I took it is flashing the firmware update through the bootloader is like "dirty flashing" a rom and the ruu is a "clean flash"

HTC Jewel
Android 4.3 Sense 5.5 V3

Trying it now. Will report back with an updated status.

soapy

Nov 4, 2006
Tried RUU for 4.13.651.4 with the same effect.

Just finished trying RUU 4.13.651.3 with same effect.

Last edited:

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
Tried RUU for 4.13.651.4 with the same effect.

Just finished trying RUU 4.13.651.3 with same effect.

Please do not take this the wrong way but did you try resetting the wireless router and/or modem? I have a router supplied thru comcast and it constantly drops. Says I'm connected to Wi-Fi but have no data.

HTC Jewel
Android 4.3 Sense 5.5 V3

soapy

Nov 4, 2006
Please do not take this the wrong way but did you try resetting the wireless router and/or modem? I have a router supplied thru comcast and it constantly drops. Says I'm connected to Wi-Fi but have no data.

HTC Jewel
Android 4.3 Sense 5.5 V3

Tried it at work today and it works fine on the network there so it may be that my AP doesn't like the new HBOOT and maybe not the other way around. Just kind of odd it says I'm connected and it gets an IP address in the correct range.