[TOOL] WinDroid Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | Install | One V

Search This thread

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Link To Main Thread
uqNRwpE.gif

About
The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.

Last edited:

xpirt

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Feb 19, 2013
Y U NO put me on credits??

:D just joking btw great job!

xpirt

genome2

Aug 24, 2009
unpacked, ran the exe

it says i'm missing some required files, do i wat to download them

if i click yes then BAM! BSOD

windows 7 64bit

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
unpacked, ran the exe

it says i'm missing some required files, do i wat to download them

if i click yes then BAM! BSOD

windows 7 64bit

That's quite an odd issue! Is your main drive letter C:? If it is, try running the program as administrator, then hit yes again.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
yep, main drive is C:

i extracted to my desktop if that makes any difference.

running as administrator works.

It looks like the toolkit had issues moving the files after it downloaded them, and for some reason caused a BSOD, which is definitely odd. You shouldn't have to run it as administrator now, so you're good. :)

genome2

Aug 24, 2009
It looks like the toolkit had issues moving the files after it downloaded them, and for some reason caused a BSOD, which is definitely odd. You shouldn't have to run it as administrator now, so you're good. :)

unfortunately it seems the htc drivers are causing BSODs now. awesome. I struggled through and got the phone all done. even the uninstalling the htc drivers caused a BSOD.

guess i'll be using the win8 laptop to do anything else with the one v

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Version 1.1 Now Out!

The toolkit has now been updated to Version 1.1! Lots of new features and fixed bugs, so check it out and let me know what you think! :highfive:

Reactions: ihor2284

Curiousn00b

Thank you so much for letting me know! It appears I forgot to add a few new important files. :crying: A new version has already been reuploaded with all of the correct files. :good:

Hmmm. Before that happens, if not to late, I think you should change the files around for recoveries. TWRPC seems to be the wrong Recovery file. It's a fail boot. I compared the files. The correct one is nearly 2 MB's lower. I just got a replacement, so yeah. I use your app to run the whole process for me. :) Tested most of it. ;)

Thanks!

Reactions: Rapscallion16

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Hmmm. Before that happens, if not to late, I think you should change the files around for recoveries. TWRPC seems to be the wrong Recovery file. It's a fail boot. I compared the files. The correct one is nearly 2 MB's lower. I just got a replacement, so yeah. I use your app to run the whole process for me. :) Tested most of it. ;)

Thanks!

Again, saving my butt! :p Thanks for letting me know. I'm not sure what happened with the recovery files. I re-downloaded the recoveries, double checked the MD5sum, and reuploaded the toolkit again, so check it out for me and make sure I didn't screw anything else up. :eek:

Reactions: Curiousn00b

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link To Main Thread
    uqNRwpE.gif

About
    The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
    WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
    Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
    Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
    Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
    Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
    Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
    I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.
    WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit

The WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit has officially been released! It fully supports the One V, so head over and let me know what you think! :fingers-crossed:
    Version 2.0 Now Out!

Version 2.0 is now out! It's a complete rewrite, which includes the S-OFF method, and there may be a few kinks left in, so report any issues you find! :good:
    Reserved

Reserved.
    I'm happy to announce that the WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.0 update is now out! It's a complete redesign, and fixes all of the downloading issues and errors that people have been facing.

Check it out here.

"my anaconda don't want none unless you got drivers hun"