By ghanafirst, Member on 23rd June 2012, 06:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th July 2012, 11:30 PM |#31  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 321

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmace4

I didn't have a problem getting 3g. I enabled profile 0 and entered the NAI. Then entered the HA (secret) in string form. Then I entered my 32 digit AAA password in hex form.

Then I went to profile 1 and only entered my NAI (name@myboostmobile.sprintpcs.com). I made sure profile 1 was enabled and restarted the phone.

I performed a ##72786# and the device rebooted and went through hands-free activation. It was successful. I did a profile update, then a prl update just for good measure and they both worked.

You're skipping a very crucial point. Where/how did you enable profile 0 and what did you use? We're all having issues with trying to get QPST to talk to the S3 so that we can enable profile 0, yet you just enabled it...etc. What steps did you take, pls?

18th July 2012, 11:34 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:

I didn't have a problem getting 3g. I enabled profile 0 and entered the NAI. Then entered the HA (secret) in string form. Then I entered my 32 digit AAA password in hex form.

Then I went to profile 1 and only entered my NAI (name@myboostmobile.sprintpcs.com). I made sure profile 1 was enabled and restarted the phone.

I performed a ##72786# and the device rebooted and went through hands-free activation. It was successful. I did a profile update, then a prl update just for good measure and they both worked.

I did that too...let me try again. I assume you used DFS? I can't get the newest QPST to read...tries to and then i get an error.
19th July 2012, 01:21 AM |#33  
Flag Dorr
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLugard

You're skipping a very crucial point. Where/how did you enable profile 0 and what did you use? We're all having issues with trying to get QPST to talk to the S3 so that we can enable profile 0, yet you just enabled it...etc. What steps did you take, pls?

Easy there tiger, when I say enabled, I mean I literally just checked the box in CDMA Workshop M.IP profiles that says "profile enabled" under Profile 0. My phone was brand new out of the box so it hadn't been activated yet. None of my profiles had anything in them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CDMA.JPG
Views:	2971
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1207338  
19th July 2012, 01:56 AM |#34  
Flag Dorr

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alnova1

I did that too...let me try again. I assume you used DFS? I can't get the newest QPST to read...tries to and then i get an error.

I used QPST 2.7 Build 378 and CDMA Workshop 3.8.0.

I used QPST EFS Explorer to pull the NV items 465, 466, 1192, and 1194 for a backup before I changed all the numbers. Once the Profile 0 AAA Password is written over you cannot get it back. I suppose you could change the numbers in these files and drag them back to EFS Explorer to write them to the phone if you wanted but I did not do it that way.

I then used CDMA Workshop to write the NAI (MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com) and Profile 0 AAA Password (32 Hex Digits) into these fields I have highlighted. Then I went into the M.IP tab and filled out all the profile 0 and profile 1 stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EVDO.JPG
Views:	2028
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	1207369  
19th July 2012, 01:57 AM |#35  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 321

More
Quote:

Quote:

Easy there tiger, when I say enabled, I mean I literally just checked the box in CDMA Workshop M.IP profiles that says "profile enabled" under Profile 0. My phone was brand new out of the box so it hadn't been activated yet. None of my profiles had anything in them.

Ah ha, I understand now. Cheapo's like me don't have the full current version of CDMAWS. Anyway i was able to achieve some success with a combo of an old version of CDMAWS and the trial version of DFS. (Not really sure if DFS did anything per se). I'm no longer showing as being on 1xrtt but EvDo-rev.A.
19th July 2012, 02:45 AM |#36  
Flag Dorr

More
Quote:

Ah ha, I understand now. Cheapo's like me don't have the full current version of CDMAWS. Anyway i was able to achieve some success with a combo of an old version of CDMAWS and the trial version of DFS. (Not really sure if DFS did anything per se). I'm no longer showing as being on 1xrtt but EvDo-rev.A.

Yeah, I bought the software Feb 2011 for my first flash. I did mine and my wifes, then started doing them for family. Then for a local cell repair place on a one-off basis. It has definitely paid for itself already.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote:

I might as well supply a link to QPST 2.7 Build 378

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vd44blgyum5p5zo
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grimmace4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift grimmace4 Ad-Free
19th July 2012, 09:03 AM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
quick q, does it have to be an incognito or can i use a SanyoJuno or motorola theory
19th July 2012, 09:25 AM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 945

More
Quote:

Can you share with us what you did? Screen shots would be great. Still stuck at 1xRTT. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
19th July 2012, 10:55 AM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
I broke down and purchased the latest CDMA Workshop. I have been wanting to for awhile so I figured this would be as good a time as any. Says it can take up to 24 hours to receive. I will let you know how it does.

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

Quote:

I used QPST EFS Explorer to pull the NV items 465, 466, 1192, and 1194 for a backup before I changed all the numbers. Once the Profile 0 AAA Password is written over you cannot get it back. I suppose you could change the numbers in these files and drag them back to EFS Explorer to write them to the phone if you wanted but I did not do it that way.

I then used CDMA Workshop to write the NAI (MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com) and Profile 0 AAA Password (32 Hex Digits) into these fields I have highlighted. Then I went into the M.IP tab and filled out all the profile 0 and profile 1 stuff.

I was just curious why you used EFS Explorer to backup your NV items? Wouldn't CDMA Workshop do this also? Just wondering because I just purchased CDMAWS and am awaiting there email.
19th July 2012, 01:10 PM |#40  
Flag Dorr

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alnova1

I was just curious why you used EFS Explorer to backup your NV items? Wouldn't CDMA Workshop do this also? Just wondering because I just purchased CDMAWS and am awaiting there email.

With the older version I could not read the NV Items. I could only write to them. I believe this has been fixed in the newer versions.
19th July 2012, 02:09 PM |#41  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:

With the older version I could not read the NV Items. I could only write to them. I believe this has been fixed in the newer versions.

Same in Newer Version 3.8.7 You won't be able to back up NV through ws, or read them 1194 was the only readable item, but you can write..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)