Thanks Meter: 34

By ghanafirst, Member on 23rd June 2012, 06:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th January 2013, 12:00 AM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalehua4791

I have done a few hundred and of course you could switch between both but.......why would you want to...but to each his own......lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Thanks for the advice, i called sprint and sure enough my HTC one V started working. But I could not find a way to force update the profile on the one V, there is no options in the systems settings menu. I powered it down and powered on my S3 and updated profile. After around 15 minutes i powered the S3 off and turned the htc one V on. It worked for a couple minutes and then i got the "Error 16" code. Are you sure it's possible to have service on both? It seems like they are checking something. The service still works on the S3.

5th January 2013, 01:19 AM |#512  
Flag Newark
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Did you also enter the Samsung password in DFS when you started? Not really sure though why people choose to change the SPC/MSL to zeros. You can easily retrieve the MSL using "Get My MSL" app if you forget your MSL. IMHO, it is completely unnecessary to zero the SPC.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

I know my MSL as well as the Samsung password, they both register as "unlocked" when I enter them.. The trouble I'm coming across is once the phone itself is rooted, if I don't have to change the MSL, where do I go from there?
7th January 2013, 03:51 AM |#513  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
how to change telephone number after flashing to boost
i believe i did everything correct, but i have problem, after i flashed everything ( i think correctly) esn is ok, all those stuff...
but my telephone number is 0000001846 how to change that guys? how to change in cdma dfs? im used to changing it in qpst but qpst 2.7 build 37* is not working in samsung s3
any similar problems? pls help... thanks
7th January 2013, 03:06 PM |#514  

More
Can anyone that's successfully done this power off their S3 and power on their donor phone and toggle between them a few times and see if they get an error 16 when trying to make a call on the donor? I suspect sprint is checking the radio fingerprint now so that only one phone can be used on the account and you can't toggle between two phones.
7th January 2013, 03:14 PM |#515  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmandawg

Can anyone that's successfully done this power off their S3 and power on their donor phone and toggle between them a few times and see if they get an error 16 when trying to make a call on the donor? I suspect sprint is checking the radio fingerprint now so that only one phone can be used on the account and you can't toggle between two phones.

I doubt that is the case. We've got an epic 4G, an Siii, and the donor incognito set up the same way, and during the flashing process with the siii, I had all of them powered up many times, one at a time, and never got an error 16. That was in November.
7th January 2013, 03:29 PM |#516  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by retailguy

I doubt that is the case. We've got an epic 4G, an Siii, and the donor incognito set up the same way, and during the flashing process with the siii, I had all of them powered up many times, one at a time, and never got an error 16. That was in November.

Did you try to make outbound call on any of the donors or only the primary phone? I think the donor will get flagged after a few calls but the primary phone will continue to work. I was able to make a few calls on my donor before it got flagged with error 16, but then my SIII still worked fine.
7th January 2013, 10:50 PM |#517  
Thanks Meter: 419

More
I randomly get an error 16 just using the phone. it almost always happens during a REDIAL scenario. hit end and then hit call right away.

I just hit end and dial again and its fine. happens maybe 2-3 times a week. I am not brave enough to ever risk turning on the donor again.

BTW the S2 did the same thing. error 16 every once in a while.
7th January 2013, 11:04 PM |#518  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hello. I've got a US Cellular S3 and I cannot get the MDN MIN to stick in the settings. I know from previous posts that this has been fixed by sending the 16 digit password (01f2030f5f678ff9). However, this password does not work the US Cellular S3 that I have. Does anyone know the correct password? I'm pulling my hair out over this....
8th January 2013, 03:55 AM |#519  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmandawg

Did you try to make outbound call on any of the donors or only the primary phone? I think the donor will get flagged after a few calls but the primary phone will continue to work. I was able to make a few calls on my donor before it got flagged with error 16, but then my SIII still worked fine.

Sure, made lots of calls. We had a lot of trouble making the internet work properly on the siii. A guy here named mudduq helped me a lot over six or seven days, and my wife switched back and forth with the epic and the siii for all those days. Some days she used the epic, others she used the Siii.

Never an error 16, or i'd have heard about it! My wife is on the phone all day, it wasn't like it was just a few calls, either.
8th January 2013, 09:03 AM |#520  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
From my experience, manually programming info into the phone will not trigger and error 16

Only when you attempt a hands free activation will trigger it

... Also if you run a profile update
8th January 2013, 09:27 AM |#521  
Flag STL
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trim81

From my experience, manually programming info into the phone will not trigger and error 16

Only when you attempt a hands free activation will trigger it

... Also if you run a profile update

Tru!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)