[lt03][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
Hi @Phil3759

Thx for bringing this to GNote 10.1 2014:good:. I tried it, but it hangs on bootscreen. No boot to recovery.

Well
Without a device or kernel dmesg log it will be a waste of time to continue unless you have a stock cwm port from someone owning the device.
Could be I buy one if new Nexus 10 is not out soon
We'll see. Maybe someone port it meanwhile.
I will close this thread for now. When you have something new, please post in main dev thread, linked in post 1.
Sorry, short of time to work on this for now

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
And, how we can get dmesg log?
Terminal ?

See here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2185929

The easiest way would be, after a failed boot into recovery:
Code:
"cat /proc/last_kmsg" > /sdcard/last_kmsg.log

A bit wired as I achieved good working recovery on Note 3.
It has same hardware / kernel base

Maybe the compiled kernel is broken somewhere...
There are many things to test to know where is the issue, but my time is short
I rarely try to port devices from scratch when no device tree exists. Without owning the device it can be tricky
Sorry

Closing the thread
If you have news, post in main dev thread and I will open it again

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Note 10.1 2014 Wifi (lt03wifi)

Fully working, include external storage, OTG USB, fast backups, mount USB storage

Known issues
- screen capture is not working (some wired issue to access the frame buffer device node)
- poweroff from recovery when usb is connected reboots into recovery, however, offline charging from rom is fine

I consider it final stable

Last edited:

lsherif

Apr 11, 2008
Cairo

Fully working, include external storage, OTG USB, fast backups, mount USB storage

Known issues
- screen capture is not working (not enough memory)
- poweroff from recovery when usb is connected reboots into recovery, however, offline charging from rom is fine

Does it work on the P601 3G version

lsherif

Apr 11, 2008
Cairo
probably as it is exynos based
you will just have to disable assert for device name in scripts that do it, but I doubt there is any as you have no cm roms

Just Flashed, & yes it is working on P601, thanks have been waiting so long for your recovery. :)

So now you can edit your OP for P601 support too.:)

hanspampel

Dec 7, 2011
@Phil3759

P605 didnt work. Hangs on Bootscreen. Same as with one of you first attempts here.

Edit:
It seems it bricked my device or something else. Dont get it to downloadmode anymore.

Last edited:

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
@Phil3759

P605 didnt work. Hangs on Bootscreen. Same as with one of you first attempts here.

Edit:
It seems it bricked my device or something else. Dont get it to downloadmode anymore.

There is no reason it bricks it! I use stock Samsung kernel
Maybe just a case. Hope all is fine. Till now, no one ever bricked a device on my test builds. I make a lot of effort to ensure they are safe

Will remove it for security and I am not going to continue with it until I can get a last_kmsg log to understand the issue

hanspampel

Dec 7, 2011
Hi @Phil3759

All is good now. After i could bring it to shut down and let it fo a while, it tried to bring it in downloadmode again. It works now and could flash TWRP via Odin. My system boots up now. Whoo hooo, my heart. What an evening.:silly:

Reactions: Phil3759

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Hi @Phil3759

All is good now. After i could bring it to shut down and let it fo a while, it tried to bring it in downloadmode again. It works now and could flash TWRP via Odin. My system boots up now. Whoo hooo, my heart. What an evening.:silly:

sorry for the trouble
As I said, I do my best to ensure my test versions are safe. I always base them on stock base to start with

I am dropping lt03ltexx, until a dev owning the device can do something good with it
Having my hands on the wifi edition, made it easy to release something proper for it now.

Darkman

Jan 16, 2012
Germany
The easiest way would be, after a failed boot into recovery:
Code:
"cat /proc/last_kmsg" > /sdcard/last_kmsg.log

= tmp-mksh: cat: /proc/last_kmsg: No such file or directory

Is this /proc/last_kmsg folder only created if boot in recovery failed? There is a /proc/kmsg folder but no /proc/last_kmsg

I would be test the LOG before i will flash the Recovery

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
= tmp-mksh: cat: /proc/last_kmsg: No such file or directory

Is this /proc/last_kmsg folder only created if boot in recovery failed? There is a /proc/kmsg folder but no /proc/last_kmsg

I would be test the LOG before i will flash the Recovery

Maybe the kernel is broken. Samsung did not update sources for months after first release

hanspampel

Dec 7, 2011
@Phil3759

Did you changed things from stock kernel? Im asking because i can try to implement the stock one(only zImage) from a newer fw to your recovery. Maybe it will be working.

Or i give you the latest stock kernel or stock recovery and you try it?

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
@Phil3759

Did you changed things from stock kernel? Im asking because i can try to implement the stock one(only zImage) from a newer fw to your recovery. Maybe it will be working.

Or i give you the latest stock kernel or stock recovery and you try it?

Actually, i compiled it from sources, no changes. I can try stock zImage from latest in fact. Never tried as it will have 2 issues: no root rights in adb shell (kernel locked) and restricted selinux. The latter we can fix, but not the first one.
If you will to try and live with a non root adb shell, i can give it a new trial

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
    Last version can be found here:
    Note 10.1 2014 ** Stable **
    - wifi: SM-P600 (lt03wifi)
    - 3G: SM-P601 (lt03wifiue)

http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition

Known issues
    - minor: screen capture is not working.
    - minor: poweroff from recovery when usb is connected reboots into recovery, however, offline charging from rom is fine
    Version 6.04.3 Alpha
    http://d-h.st/users/philz_touch/?fld_id=29981#files

This is a repack around a pure stock ramdisk, like I used to do with Samsung devices.
    They often work better this way to start with
    It could have some selinux issues, but those we fix later, once we get it boot into gui

State was moved to Alpha to reflect it is early debugging and untested
    Noobs should stay away for now

Known issues
    - screen capture is not working (some wired issue to access the frame buffer device node)

But except that message, does it work?

Unfortunately, no! :(
    It nothing happens.
    The Note 3 version seems good, so I do not expect many issues here

Please test:
    - mount USB storage on PC
    - USB OTG mount and format to exfat/ext4 for testing
    - Backup to exfat sdcard or USB OTG