[Q] Afraid to flash. Don't want to brick.

Search This thread

aarontsuru

Feb 11, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
tsurufoto.com
Pretty sure you mean to have them look in: /cache/fota

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

no log file there either.... going to go through the rigamaroo again and see what comes up.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Sorry I meant /data/fota. You must use a root file explorer to go to the root of your device
Please do not copy the log in a post. Use pastebin

Like this

u5e8uzam.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Failed again, no log file again. Any where else it would be? What would the file be called?

gzRG4gx.png

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
no log file there either.... going to go through the rigamaroo again and see what comes up.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Failed again, no log file again. Any where else it would be? What would the file be called?

gzRG4gx.png

It would include "log" in the name. It's either /cache or /cache/fota. Make sure that "show hidden files" is enabled in your file browser as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

aarontsuru

Feb 11, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
tsurufoto.com
Since my microUSB is dead, I'm thinking my only option now is to mobileODIN to either 4.1.2 or 4.3, and then take the updates (assuming this would work). Though, unrooting, factory resetting to 4.1.2 never helped.

Wh1t3Rose

Since my microUSB is dead, I'm thinking my only option now is to mobileODIN to either 4.1.2 or 4.3, and then take the updates (assuming this would work). Though, unrooting, factory resetting to 4.1.2 never helped.
yes. You can use mobile Odin. Keep in Mindthough to use mobile odin you must be rooted and have an unlocked bootloader. Odining to 4.1.2 should do the trick

aarontsuru

Feb 11, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
tsurufoto.com
yes. You can use mobile Odin. Keep in Mindthough to use mobile odin you must be rooted and have an unlocked bootloader. Odining to 4.1.2 should do the trick

Yep. I don't see any other way, except maybe trying Voodoo OTA rootkeeper to get to 4.3, then staying unrooted and going to 4.4.
Or, mobileODIN a clean 4.4 when it's released on the boards
Or, ride out rooted 4.1.2 for the next few months and then leave Samsung for good.

Great options.
/s

;)

Wh1t3Rose

Yep. I don't see any other way, except maybe trying Voodoo OTA rootkeeper to get to 4.3, then staying unrooted and going to 4.4.
Or, mobileODIN a clean 4.4 when it's released on the boards
Or, ride out rooted 4.1.2 for the next few months and then leave Samsung for good.

Great options.
/s

;)
I just want to mak esure you know that once you go to 4.3 or 4.4 you will be on a locked bootloader forever.

Pat E.

Mar 17, 2011
Did the other carriers lock the bootloader or just Verizon? I don't know if I'm disappointed with Verizon or Samsung or both.

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
Did the other carriers lock the bootloader or just Verizon? I don't know if I'm disappointed with Verizon or Samsung or both.

Verizon and AT&T are locked down. The T-Mobile variant has an unlocked bootloader. Don't know about Sprint and US Cellular.

Sent from the Shark Tank using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts