[Theme] (Manila 2.5) slider/tab bar icons OSX style V4.1

Search This thread

cc62

May 25, 2008
Holland
the icon on the scroll looks sharp, but the icon on top when you scroll is a little blurr, any chance make it sharp and clear?

thanks

hi xray

I'm not sure I understand you.
the images on the tabbar, slider and menu are actually the same.

maybe it an optical illusion, with the (original) slider being light gray?
I'll look in to that this weekend.

maybe you can post a screenshot?

CC204

Dec 29, 2009
Jakarta
Sorry for noob question, but could i use your icon set for my Xperia X1 (i'm using WM 6.5 build 23529-based cooked ROM with HTC Sense style interface and MaxManila 3.0)?
Thanks for your great work dude!

cc62

May 25, 2008
Holland
@ xray

didn't notice any blur, anybody care to respond? :confused:

@ Sweet Lowdown

you're welcome :)

@ cc204

sorry cc, I don't know. :rolleyes:
If it's really sense 2.5 (with manila files) you can try to install the appropriate cab. if it doesn't work just uninstall.
as a last resort the images are available as png-files at my deviant-page (link in my signature). maybe someone can make them work on Xperia.
please let us know if it works or not.

cc62

May 25, 2008
Holland
will this work for manilla 2.5.1922? :D

hi Mike

I think there is a good chance it will.
I know for a fact it works with 2.5.2011 :) If you don't count the missing new tab images :cool: I'll have to edit or change those ones.

why don't you try the cab, if it doesn't work you can always uninstall it.
please let us know if it works, so I can update the description.

PMoto

Jun 16, 2009
Porto - Portugal
cc62:

I'm using your slidebar, and I like it very much.

Is it possible to change the sms small icon to match the large one? - the large one is very pretty.

And, please keep going, don't stop work wonderful work.

PMoto

cc62

May 25, 2008
Holland
sms icon

Hi PMoto,

Is this the image you want?
sms-alt.jpg

Originally I had this picture in mind to use, but it's not looking nice.
To get the size right it becomes very small. Too small to really see what it is or, in the size it is in the preview, it's too big to fit with the rest.
That's why I made the white balloon myself :rolleyes:

I switched from a laptop to a macbook and the programs to use for making manilafiles are not working on a mac. I have to install the programs on my daughters desktop.
So please have some patience with me :D
At the time I work in two cities and at home I have less time to spare. I hope to pick up this hobby after the summer vacation again.

PMoto

Jun 16, 2009
Porto - Portugal
Yes. Thats it.

That's all right, you can do it now. I'll will wait. :)

BTW, if you gonna pick this, maybe you can add the Internet icon (World) from the image attached, because is so much pretty. Remember to have that one in the BIG icon too.

And, if you need me for beta tester, you're welcome. Your work is just great.

Cheers. :)
PMoto

cc62

May 25, 2008
Holland
CHT

Now I've solved an energy drain I'm redoing version 4.

Still looking for a nice internet (big) picture and I want to optimize the reflections a bit. Some of theme overlap the bottom edge of the sliderbar, witch is a bit higher than the edge of the softkeybar to imitate a dock like in OSX.

Hope to post soon.

PS
maybe it will be this one

preview256opera_earth_globe_1.png

Last edited:

cc62

May 25, 2008
Holland
Version 4.1

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hi there

here is a "new" version
the reflection and position of the icons are optimized.
i also made less outstanding images for the button to show the retractable slider/tabbar with CHT.
(sorry for the poor quality of the images in the preview)

unzip the attached file (OSX TabBar Icons V1.4.zip) and copy the files to /windows on your device with total commander or resco file explorer

or use the cab :D

Attachments

• ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,673
  • preview41chtbig.jpg
    preview41chtbig.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,649
  • previewv41cht.jpg
    previewv41cht.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,669
Last edited:

PMoto

Jun 16, 2009
Porto - Portugal
DONE.
I like it very much. :)
sms small icon is just great. Thanks.
I noticed a diference in the calendar icon... as in your picture, the icon is big and have not shadow... a great visual effect. I know it's because of the date string.
Anyway, i noticed that in a previous version, the calendar icon was smaller and have a smal rotation. Even the date letter was rotated. Can you pick that icon? Just a thought trought.

PMoto

Last edited:

cc62

May 25, 2008
Holland
DONE.
I like it very much. :)
sms small icon is just great. Thanks.
I noticed a diference in the calendar icon... as in your picture, the icon is big and have not shadow... a great visual effect. I know it's because of the date string.
Anyway, i noticed that in a previous version, the calendar icon was smaller and have a smal rotation. Even the date letter was rotated. Can you pick that icon? Just a thought trought.

PMoto

Hi PMoto, glad you like it :)

For the calendar:
I wish I could but no.

In the old version with the tilted date is not the actual date but a fixed one (always 17).
Since the the date in the newer manlia (or sense) is the actual date and positioned on a fixed place I have to keep the calendar icon on a specific position too. No room for any reflection. Not so very nice but I (we) have to live with it :eek:

Maybe there is a way to fix it in some manila file but for now I don't have a clue on how to do that myself.

btw
I use Cookie's Home Tab so I don't really need the calendar icon as one of the first five and I moved it to be one of the last icons in the row (out of sight).

PMoto

Jun 16, 2009
Porto - Portugal
Yep... right. I've done it myself too... :):)

That's ok. I thought that you could come with that, so I move that icon to a not visible one, just like you did. I use CHT too..., like everybody anyway... :p

Anyway, now my bar is gorgeous. Very, very nice. I love it.

So, thanks for the new 4.1 bar.

PMoto