• uploadfromtaptalk1361190722348.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361190722348.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 469

Serinety

Account currently disabled
Aug 29, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
For all the people who said the m7 (htc one) has a removable battery and an sd card.

Nope.

It's a dna, with a better camera, sense 5, smaller screen, and an aluminum construction (which looks bad ass)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Serinety

Account currently disabled
Aug 29, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
+ S600 + dual speakers on front

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

point is, there were a ton of people slamming the DNA in favor of the M7 due to the non-removable battery and lack of SD card slot. those same people are now going to claim that the battery isnt a big deal, and that they dont really need an SD card after all. We call those people "sheeple"

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
point is, there were a ton of people slamming the DNA in favor of the M7 due to the non-removable battery and lack of SD card slot. those same people are now going to claim that the battery isnt a big deal, and that they dont really need an SD card after all. We call those people "sheeple"

Those things don't bother me. Non removable is the future. Game controllers, handhelds, tablets, phones, media players, etc are all moving to built in batteries.

SnowKing25

Feb 16, 2013
I don't know if it's because I just got my DNA less than a week ago, but the new HTC One doesn't seem like much of an upgrade. Yea it has a bigger battery, faster processor and "better" screen. Honestly, if the DNA isn't fast enough for you, you might need to check your priorities. Same with the screen, and my battery lasts me perfectly through the day, gonna be even better once I get root. And to boot, if you are on Verizon you can't get the One now anyway, so...

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington

Woosh. Right over your head. The One has a 2,300 mAh battery and either 32GB or 64GB of internal storage. It'll be the first HTC phone in recent history to not have paragraphs in reviews dedicated to weak batteries and undersized storage a category the DNA falls in to. On paper, what HTC's done with the dedicated RGB camera sensors, should make the One's camera superior to anything available. It's also got better sound with dual front facing speakers. And S-600 is quite a step up from the current S4 Pro and it's fantastic for HTC that they got to be the launch vendor with the One. The only negative between the One and DNA is the 3/10's smaller display which, to a lot of people that don't like big phones, could actually be seen as a benefit.

The DNA/Butterfly was always a niche device and now that the One is out that's where all HTC's global attention will be placed. This is of course irrelevant to VZW users as they don't have a choice anyway.

dahmmy

Jan 15, 2010
I had the Amoled desire from launch until it died on me last week.....(good timing)

From htc all i wanted was better Sound and bigger battery....dont need 5" plus screen 4.7 is perfect.....

Unless Samsung drop da bomb then this is the "ONE" im getting...

RockTripod

Aug 17, 2009
Boston
Confused

Um, the DNA is impressive, and I am extremely happy with it. That being said, the M7 is in virtually every respect a more impressive device. OC'ed CPU, slightly smaller and therefore higher DPI screen, improved camera, larger storage and battery. How is it not in the same league as the DNA? I'm not trying to argue, just curious if there is something I'm missing. It seems the M7 is without doubt there top product.

germanmafia88

Nov 24, 2012
I think it is a solid upgrade, and if it was available on Verizon I would probably have gotten it instead of the DNA for 3 reasons:

1) It looks better (better build quality maybe)
2) 16GB more storage
3) Larger battery

That being said it's not even available on Verizon not to mention we get the large screen. Our devices are very comparable, the One is just slightly refined. Most of us probably appreciate HTC so it is good to see them thrown out some cool stuff to compete with the Galaxy S4.

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
Um, the DNA is impressive, and I am extremely happy with it. That being said, the M7 is in virtually every respect a more impressive device. OC'ed CPU, slightly smaller and therefore higher DPI screen, improved camera, larger storage and battery. How is it not in the same league as the DNA? I'm not trying to argue, just curious if there is something I'm missing. It seems the M7 is without doubt there top product.

It's SoC is the S600...That thing is significantly faster than the S4 Pro according articles. The DNA or any similar device can't keep up in fluidity.

the_passenger

Aug 25, 2006
I love everything about the M7 except the lack of the recent/menu button.
Btw, Verizon users will probably get an upgraded DNA in Q3 with the S800.

Last edited:

tornado75

Feb 16, 2005
R: Question HTC M7 vs HTC DROID DNA...

You think DNA/butterfly can be upgraded to new Sense 5.0??

Inviato dal mio ZP950ZOPOMOBILE.IT con Tapatalk 2

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Here's something to think about. The One's casing is indeed 100% aluminum. In every previous attempt by a manufacturer to use an all-aluminum housing the result was disastrous for wireless reception. That includes antenna-gate on the Sensation which only had a partial aluminum body. Looking at the casing HTC's either going to try to get a signal through it or the antennas will have to be forward facing to get through the glass front panel. Neither is a recipe for great and/or consistent wireless reception. It'll be interesting to see how the One does once it's tested by sites like GSMArena and Anandtech.

Reactions: globalgpj

globalgpj

Aug 26, 2006
Australia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Good One !

Here's something to think about. The One's casing is indeed 100% aluminum. In every previous attempt by a manufacturer to use an all-aluminum housing the result was disastrous for wireless reception. That includes antenna-gate on the Sensation which only had a partial aluminum body. Looking at the casing HTC's either going to try to get a signal through it or the antennas will have to be forward facing to get through the glass front panel. Neither is a recipe for great and/or consistent wireless reception. It'll be interesting to see how the One does once it's tested by sites like GSMArena and Anandtech.

Boy, you would think they would have checked that one out after their last experience and the iphone4 which did tarnish their reputation after users found that signals were being lost and calls dropping out, left, right and center. And that was only for a metal side strip that was interferring with the radios. That would be disaterous for a struggling HTC.

Thanks for pointing this out. I will definetely be waiting for users reviews before taking the plunge on this one, which I was very keen to do so.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So whats the about ot jave thw aame stuff thw only diferrence is thw camera

Thw camera is diferrence but thw aame stuff like the storage, battery, and display tech is diferrence too. Hope that amswer your qiestion
    Being someone who just got the DNA, i kinda hope the m7 will have horrible battery life so i can still feel good about my phone lol.
    The m7 is not a "droid" branded device, and will not be a flagship phone.

Huh? The DNA/Butterfly is a regional interim release based on the One XL. The M7 will be HTC's "flagship" global phone to compete with the XZ, SGS4, and LG E940 and will include quad-band HSPA which the Butterfly intentionally did not. Here are features it's supposed to have (based on leaks) not in the DNA:

• First use of SoLux display technology in a mobile device
    • 32GB+ internal storage
    • 2,300 mAh battery
    • 13MP Exmor RS camera sensor
    • First official use of Sense 5
    It's supposed to follow Samsung's lead with the SGS3 and be released on multiple U.S. carriers without any changes (unlike the One XL, EVO 4G LTE) and Sprint's supposed to carry it so a CDMA version will exist. If VZW decides not to carry it then the DNA will remain the HTC "flagship" but only on VZW. There’s not one feature on the DNA that’s superior to the leaked specs of the M7. And while the M7’s display might be 3/10 of an inch smaller SoLux stands to set a new standard in brightness and outdoor usability. As it is, the DNA’s display is 30% dimmer than the OG One X.

If you’re on VZW wait until the HTC U.S. launch of the M7 on February 19th to see if their one of the carriers that’s going to carry it. If they don’t and you want an HTC device the DNA’s still a solid choice if you can live with the battery and storage constraints.
    The J Butterfly/Butterfly which are the generic versions of the DNA sold everywhere directly by HTC do not. All of HTC's "flagships" that they've sold directly globally do.

Global Butterfly

Global One X+

ok... I never said the butterfly had it, I was just commenting on the fact that you were wrong on stating that the dna does not have quad band hspa
    ... the DNA’s still a solid choice if you can live with the battery and storage constraints.

I'm so tired of this buzz word. The battery on the dna is fine. Myself, wife, and best friend all have dna's, we all get 15 hours of life easily. Who the hell is away from a charger for more than that anyway.. This is America not Africa.

The storage "constraints"? If you are not tied into at least one cloud storage service by now your doing it wrong. With Dropbox integrated into everything, as well as amazon Google, storing stuff locally on a device is freaking archaic. So other phones have 32gb, 64gb..Hell maybe they have a few TB of storage, who wants to store all that stuff on a PHONE that could be lost.. stolen, broken, bricked, wiped, broken, stolen.... You get the idea.

You also misunderstand the term "flagship" device. Just because a device comes out from a carrier that has a better number here, a smaller number there does not make it a flagship line device. The m7 is most certainly not in direct competition with the s4. If you pay attention to HTC's launch schedule, you will notice that they only release flagship devices approx once per year and usually towards the middle or later part of the year.

The dna is going to be outpaced just like every other phone is. But the m7 is not the successor, nor will it be "the next big thing", I consider it the "thunderbolt" of this year. Good phone, but not of "droid" stature

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2