[Q] Recovery Issue

Search This thread

HydroMx

Jan 3, 2012
Hello,

I am running KK on system version 182.46.10.xt926.
My boot-loader is unlocked and I am rooted.
I have xt926-KK-CWM-6048 installed.

When I try to boot into recovery I get a blank, black screen.
I know recovery worked at one time, but do not understand why it stopped.

I was wondering if I should re-flash xt926-KK-CWM-6048 or flash CWM6049-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT.
Would this actually take care of my problem? Would there be anything else I would have to do?

Thanks for any input.

HydroMx

killrhythm09

May 3, 2011
California
Try flashing the newer 6.0.4.9 CWM. I also had that black screen problem occasionally with 6.0.4.8 and I think other people did as well. FYI, I was able to get to recovery eventually if I kept rebooting. Sometimes it works on the first try, sometimes it doesn't.

But I flashed the TWRP 2.7.1.0 image that dhacker posted last night and I haven't gotten any black screens yet, even after booting into recovery several times just to test it.

Reactions: HydroMx

HydroMx

Jan 3, 2012
Thanks for the quick reply. Question for you.

If I flash TWRP 2.7.1.0, does that overwrite CWM or will I have two recovery options?

HydroMx

Jan 3, 2012
And my last question....

Where do I get TWRP 2.7.1.0? Can you send me a link?

And thanks for all the great information. Appreciate the help.

HydroMx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try flashing the newer 6.0.4.9 CWM. I also had that black screen problem occasionally with 6.0.4.8 and I think other people did as well. FYI, I was able to get to recovery eventually if I kept rebooting. Sometimes it works on the first try, sometimes it doesn't.

But I flashed the TWRP 2.7.1.0 image that dhacker posted last night and I haven't gotten any black screens yet, even after booting into recovery several times just to test it.
    It will overwrite CWM. Stick with whichever recovery you're most comfortable with. I prefer TWRP but some people like CWM more.