[ROM][ICS 4.0.4] ::DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4:: [v0 "Pre-Release"][UVLH1][8.28.2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
Are text messages / sms / mms supposed to work while on wifi ? And how about while on wifi calling?
Also, i remember in gingerbread the tmobile "my account" app worked while on wifi.. It would momentarily turn data on while searching for the info it needed to display account info.. So far for me this has not been the case in ICS.. anyone get it to work while on wifi?
Thanks for any input and thanks tdj for the rom.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

It will work over WiFi, but you also need to have data turned on in the background. People think it will use more battery having both turned on at the same time, but it wont. Your phone will only use one at a time.

Reactions: frescoraja

samcrocr

Oct 23, 2011
New York
for the one who's having problems wit home and search buttons Do a super wipe it worked for me

Last edited:

tjbiker031

Apr 16, 2012
Bradenton, FL
Last edited:

thedark1337

Dec 28, 2011
thedark1337.com
I'm about to update for the first time since the initial release. Problems I have atm are shutdown/reboot hangs, apps randomly stop opening, and audio has volume inconsistencies. Based on what I've read, v8 has all that fixed. One thing I don't understand is how to get beats audio via DSP Manager or S-Voice (I'm an amateur). Also, I assume mms over wifi works still?

If you use an audio player like poweramp there is an option to turn off direct volume control. After that the Awesome beats mod will work. Or if you want to, there is a flashable zip for beats mod that doesn't use DSP Manager. This is the flashable zip with the libs for beats audio http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1525226 With this method you can keep direct volume control on

This is awesome beats dsp manager mod: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1728391

Everything is fixed imo. Although i and another person have just one issue that i am trying to fix, no one else has it though. Incoming calls won't work for me. only one other person has this issue so i guess its not important

Raul69.atl

Oct 17, 2011
city of angels
OK so I've played with this ROM for 5 hours and its great...there is only 2 things bothering me. But after all great ROM.
My WiFi calling does not work when someone calls me(this happened in V7 too)
Battery not that good(I have to drained twice maybe)
phone gets too hot after a while.

But rest is good....apps open like they should. Phone fast n smooth.

Thanks for this great job Dev!!

OldeCrow

Dec 7, 2010
Gresham
Any changes to framework or systemui for us themers to check into?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

nothing too major, the aosp themes for V7 seem to work on V8 without any issues!

initial observations of V8 are that it seems to be sleeping better, overnight battery loss went from 11% to 6%...
I didn't have lookout installed yet so tonight's drawdown will be the better test...

Themeing v8

Installed flawlessly, I let it sit for 15-20 minutes before initial reboot.
GREAT response, noticeably snappy.
Reinstalled user apps and data from ROM Toolbox with no issues or hang-ups.
Not having any issues that others are mentioning, I would hope a Fix Permissions run will fix them.

THEME:
I installed Phoenix's circle battery theme, works fine and haven't had any issues arise.

If you want to use another theme, might ask the theme's OP if they see any changes that would effect the new ROM.
TDJ won't know, nor should it any of his concern if his ROM is compatible with certain themes. Best bet is to ask the OP of the theme.

I'm not concerned about "volume wake", I don't care about "volume track change" or "CRT off", so PLEASE stop asking for them to be included in the ROM. Go ask someone in the theme section, or go in the kitchen and make it yourself and collect "thank you"s in the THEME section...profit.

TDJ, you deserve the time away. Thanks for the latest and greatest version, I think this will be an awesome daily driver.

syntaxerr0r

Jun 10, 2012
Been playing with V8 since yesterday, it's super smooth but battery life is bad. Used the phone for barely 20 mins since 8am and I'm already down to 50% at noon.

Back to stock Telus ICS again I guess... :-(

Dugan1017

May 3, 2012
Upgraded from v7 to v8 yesterday. Despite all my efforts, haven't been able to create an apphang

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Dugan1017

May 3, 2012
Would it be normal to see a slight decline in battery performance after upgrading from v7 to v8? Haven't changed kernel (Venom 3#5), llama profiles, system settings, or setCPU stuff (still running 1188/384, badass).

I know they normally say there's a battery adjustment period, just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Indian9990

May 7, 2010
Would it be normal to see a slight decline in battery performance after upgrading from v7 to v8? Haven't changed kernel (Venom 3#5), llama profiles, system settings, or setCPU stuff (still running 1188/384, badass).

I know they normally say there's a battery adjustment period, just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Have you calibrated your battery afterwards?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Indian9990

May 7, 2010
Been playing with V8 since yesterday, it's super smooth but battery life is bad. Used the phone for barely 20 mins since 8am and I'm already down to 50% at noon.

Back to stock Telus ICS again I guess... :-(

Same as above..you need yo recalibrate your battery. It makes such a difference

marduk79

Oct 15, 2009
Daly City
Just finished installing V8 and I must say that it's pretty quick and smooth. Have not been able to download from Playstore though. Will report back when i play with it more.

Dugan1017

May 3, 2012
Same as above..you need yo recalibrate your battery. It makes such a difference

I knew I'd forgotten something. Thanks. If I'm one of those junkies who Carries a spare battery, is this something that will need to be ongoing? If I swap out a dead battery for one that's 100% charged, do I need to recalibrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][ICS 4.0.4] ::DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4:: [v0 "Pre-Release"][UVLH1][8.28.2012]

*WARNING! I Am Not Responsible For Anything That Happens To Your Device*

:: DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 ::

..A DARKSIDE DEVELOPMENT..

** PLEASE READ ENTIRE OP THOROUGHLY BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS OR REPORTING ANY BUGS **

:: SUGGESTED RECOVERY ::

>>> TWRP RECOVERY 2.2.0 <<<

Included:

CLEAN, FAST, SMOOTH, & FULLY FUNCTIONAL !!!
    • Enhanced/Optimized Stock ICS ROM - *VERY MINOR* visual changes
    • UVLH1 4.0.4 Based ROM (TMO-T989 Official)
    • 3.0.8 Stock Kernel w/ Modified ramdisk << Waiting on source...
    • NO ECHO
    • Rooted
    • Deodexed
    • Busybox
    • bash
    • Zipaligned
    • Zipalign on boot
    • Removed "BLOAT"
    • Init.d support
    • Boot animation support
    • 5x4x5 TouchWiz Modified Launcher
    • Added Scrolling Wallpaper support
    • Fixed Gallery3D to support scrolling or static wallpapers w/ TW Launcher
    • Customizable 15 toggle quick panel (Thanks to @lengendk95)
    • Added Recovery & Download to Power Menu
    • Enabled SIP Calling over WiFi and 3g/4g
    • MMS Enhancements
    • Battery Notification disabled
    • DARKSIDE scripts
    • sysrw/sysro scripts
    • Enabled "Stay Awake" in Development Settings
    • SGS2 International shutdown/boot animation
    • Removed AM/PM from status bar
    • Updated Framework
    • Updated Statusbar
    • Samsung Keyboard, Swype, and ICS stock Keyboard
    • Fixed ADB
    • Enabled statubar brightness slider thingy
    • Removed Exchange security policy
    • BLN support

Working:
    • DATA
    • WIFI
    • WIFI CALLING
    • GPS
    • BLUETOOTH
    • WIRELESS TETHER
    • USB TETHER
    • MMS
    • MMS OVER WIFI CALLING

Known Issues:
    • Reboot/Shutdown Hangs: Scroll down to the >>> MODS <<< section and read the DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE description...

Pro Tips:
    • Coming soon...

Instructions on flashing DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION:

* FULL WIPE ALWAYS *

01. Download ROM (Link is Below)
    02. BACKUP ALL APPS with preferred method (ie: Rom Toolbox, Titanium, My Backup, etc..)
    03. Place ROM on ROOT of your SD card. (ie: /sdcard)
    04. Boot into Recovery Mode
    05. Do a NAND BACKUP!!!
    06. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE (OPTIONAL - ROM will do this by default)
    07. Flash an ICS ready radio (Links below)
    08. Flash ROM.
    09. After flashing is complete, Reboot...
    10. Let device sit for 10min without touching, then reboot.
    11. Done!

Please don't start flashing any mods that were not done by me! Unless the mod was specifically made for this rom, with parts from this rom. Don't flash any radios unless they're specifically for ICS, the ril from gb roms will cause phone not to boot.

I know that ICS is new and a lot of people are unfamiliar. You must read! Please don't think ICS is anything similar to gingerbread.

My Change Log:
    Code:
    [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]
    [B]DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 [8.29.2012] [v0][/B]

* "Pre-Release" 
    [/FONT]

** PLEASE respect my work and ask before posting mirrors or using any parts **

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

>>> DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 v0 <<<
    [DOWNLOAD HERE]
    [8.29.2012]

md5: a4e9c5e0dcd059867e490c44b1dc6003

THIS WILL SUPER.WIPE BY DEFAULT! BACK UP YOUR APPS!

:: SCREENSHOTS ::
    Screenshot_2012-05-12-11-42-21.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-09.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-01.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-57.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-37.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-16-10.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-13-04.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-16-22.jpg

:: TW Launcher 5x4x4 MOD ::
    Screenshot_2012-05-12-11-12-12.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-26-00.jpg

Kernel Source [FOUND HERE]
    Fire powwwwwwah!

>>> RADIOS <<<

>>> Tmo UVLE1 ICS MODIFIED RADIO <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

md5: 2d4f9b49780c2181c476e8c075ee41eb

>>> Tmo UVLC8 ICS MODIFIED RADIO <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

md5: 25b9d39fd866c5fe86d547d730ba2da8

**I HAVE REMOVED THE RILS FROM THESE RADIOS! PLEASE USE THESE RADIOS IF YOU WANT GPS AND DATA TO WORK WITHOUT ISSUE! PLEASE DONT REPORT ANY DATA/GPS LOSS IF ON ANY OTHER RADIO BECAUSE I ALREADY KNOW**

>>> TOOLS <<<

>>> DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE <<<

md5: c72773dd349b6e2656e72e6273a26cdb

>>> DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE <<<

md5: b00eba3c7f647b6235aa32a11f25fc2a

"so that is the reason for the darkside.cache.wipe... because you cant wipe the cache in recovery... recovery as in CWM right? except through script like in your Darkside.cache.wipe?" (Quote from @Rushing)

ONLY USE THIS IF YOU NEED TO WIPE CACHE'S OR FIX PERMISSIONS IN CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY. THIS IS TO BE FLASHED IN RECOVERY! This replaces the need for using the broken built in CWM recovery functions. The DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE script will wipe both the /cache partition and the dalvik cache. After its has completed the wipe, it will then fix permissions (the correct way). This should hopefully fix that damn ICS reboot hang issue once and for all.

>>> MODS <<<

>>> Volume Wake <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

Here is where I stand after a lot of thought on all this.. I am a firm believer in pushing the community forward. Innovation, creativity, and originality are the keys into doing this. I am definetly not happy with the way people act around here, especially some of the new "devs". There is no sense in not helping the community when I am able. I know that I can deliver a solid ROM based off the stock Samsung firmware. It will continue along the line of minimal ui changes and focus more on ux. Updates will not be as rapid and before, but development will be consistent until I am happy with where the project ends up. I will be moving in 2 days, so I don't think I will have anything ready for another week or so. This is not an eta, just letting you know where I am at... let's do the damn thing and show them that there feeble skills are no match for the power of the DARKSIDE!
    If anyone is still interested.. Expect an update with the new UVLH1 android 4.0.4. NO ETA..

Taking requests for things people would like to see.. will not guarantee I will implement everything suggested.. but open for ideas
    I will be releasing v2 BETA01 tonight. V2 rebases of the uvcl8 t989 base and gives us back all functionality. Base is stable and screaming fast. Plus I know a lot of people will be happy to get wifi calling back... no exact time, but sometime tonight for sure. Still a few things that I have to do.. but I know u guys will be more than happy with my progress. To note, everything works within the rom

:: DARKSIDE ::

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."