CUSPTECH Android Headunit

Search This thread

itsme1976

Apr 4, 2006
Thanks so much for the ROM's MrNisse

Which of the rom; s should I use for best results such as bluetooth, OBDII and USB.
Hope you can help me.
Read in the forum that you should beter be use the 2013 version because of
Bluetooth, OBDII and USB???
I am now on the August version 2013 it's worthless

cwtorres

Oct 5, 2009
I have a problem with the touch screen digitizer, anyone knows where i can buy this part?.
Model car dvd player: CP-K006, 8 inch multitouch.
For Kia Sportage

I apreciate your support.

BR
Carlos

Enviado desde mi SM-P900 mediante Tapatalk

MrNisse

Apr 10, 2014
Hi
I have asked this before, but have never got an answer on the issue.

What do I need (hardware, settings............) to connect a Bluetooth OBDII reader to my CUSP Android radio running Android 4.4.2. (English version from 24-03-2015).
It worked fine when I was running Android 2.3.4, but I can't get the Bluetooth (USB) setting in Android to work (when I activate it it returns to OFF after a few seconds).
I use a little "no name" USB bluetooth dongle that CUSP sold me together with the radio.
Hope someone can help me with my problem, so I can use the Torque program on my car radio again.

Many regards
MrNisse

OlvrCA

Nov 28, 2014
Hello,

New to the group. Got this unit a few months ago and since day 1 the audio (from any source) cuts in and out at random. There's no pattern, ad I have no idea how to fix it, apparently cusp support neither.

The About screen in Settings says I have MCU Sept 14 2015. Android 4.4.4

Any ideas?

tobias.s

Sep 3, 2011
Hmm. There could be many reasons for this.
The cusp devices are not very beefy in terms of hardware performance. So check if you have a cpu intensive app that is running in the background.
Did you check the contact between the harness of your car and the adapter? Maybe there is a bad contact?
Are you using the speaker out or the line out of the device?
If you are using the speaker out, you are using the integrated amp (tda xxxx), that one could be faulty or not well soldered.
So to verify this, try using the line out of the device with any device that can accept line level input (external mini amp, or maybe a recording device).
Do you have the problem only while driving, or even when the vehicle is parking?

I don't have your mcu version nor 4.4.4, so may be they updated some parts and did not test it very well. I remember at some 4.4.2 version of Android where cusp put a faulty asound.conf file in the vendor folder. Try moving that file to another folder restart the device and check the sound.

OlvrCA

Nov 28, 2014
Hmm. There could be many reasons for this.
The cusp devices are not very beefy in terms of hardware performance. So check if you have a cpu intensive app that is running in the background.
Did you check the contact between the harness of your car and the adapter? Maybe there is a bad contact?
Are you using the speaker out or the line out of the device?
If you are using the speaker out, you are using the integrated amp (tda xxxx), that one could be faulty or not well soldered.
So to verify this, try using the line out of the device with any device that can accept line level input (external mini amp, or maybe a recording device).
Do you have the problem only while driving, or even when the vehicle is parking?

I don't have your mcu version nor 4.4.4, so may be they updated some parts and did not test it very well. I remember at some 4.4.2 version of Android where cusp put a faulty asound.conf file in the vendor folder. Try moving that file to another folder restart the device and check the sound.
Tobias.s thanks for your response,

There are no tasks running in the background that could make the CPU have some hick ups. The harness looks alright and the audio cutting off happens with the vehicle moving and/or parked.

I opened the unit and took everything apart and it all looked well soldered and tidy.

This unit is connected directly thru my stock amplifier and I don't see any line out on the device itself.

Could you elaborate on that faulty file you were referring to?

Thanks.

tobias.s

Sep 3, 2011
Hey,

concerning the file: its name is asound.conf . I don't remember exactly where it was saved. I guess it was /etc/vendor or /etc/vendor/sound . Unfortunately I don't have a cusp device installed anymore in my car to check its exact location. But a folder names vendor was involved. :) Check with a root explorer the exact location and then just move the file into a backup folder of your own, so that the file does not exist anymore in the vendor folder or subfolder. This way, android takes a default audio configuration instead of the faulty config edited by cusp. This is also a solution to install 3rd party equilizers like ViPER4Android on that device. With the bad file installed, Viper cannot be activated on these devices.

This unit is connected directly thru my stock amplifier and I don't see any line out on the device itself.

Usually these devices are deliverd with an adapter suited for your car harness. If they did not change their pcb, you have on the back of the device a black 18pin connector with an installed fuse and a second narrow white connector in the middle . (check my uploaded picture)
I don't know exactly how your device is connected to your stock amplifier(with stock amp you mean the one that came oem with the car, right?).
May be you can check this: if your sound wires use the black connector (this way each speaker has its own 2 wires), then you are using the integrated amp from cusp. In this case, you usually need a high low adapter to send an adapted audio signal to your stock amp unless your amp can receive high audio signals. Additional infos could help here, what type of amp, car aso...
The other white narrow connector, connects to an adapter with many RCA Cinch connectors. Among these connectors you get 2 rca conectors for Line level out for the right and the left signal and a separate one for a subwoofer.

The reason why you should test these line outs is to narrow down the problem. If the integrated Amp is faulty, the sound on the line outs should be ok because they don't go thourgh the amp circuit.
If the sound is also bad on the line out then you got a deeper problem on the codec or audio switching circuit.

Uploaded picture:
1=Adapter with line in and out for audio and video.
2=Front left and front right rca line outs
3=Black connector for onboard amplified sound out, directly to speakers.
4=Car dependent harness

Attachments

• DSC_0035.jpg
    DSC_0035.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 161

vewolves

May 8, 2016
Dear All,

I am new for this forum but want to share some information and assistance regarding my new car headunit.
Presently I purchased kia mohave with android headunitalready installed. After some time spend with it I am not so happy with the OS stability and sound quality as some other members already shared.
After some researcha nd reading I found that someother peaple had similar experiance and hope that could assit me too.
At this stage I found that the original manifacture download link is not valide anymore.
My unit is CP-K017 KIA MOHAVE BORREGO from cusptech.

I hope that someone could share his early downloaded file with me.
android update software-20130906.rar

Kind regards

MrNisse

Apr 10, 2014
Dear All,

I am new for this forum but want to share some information and assistance regarding my new car headunit.
Presently I purchased kia mohave with android headunitalready installed. After some time spend with it I am not so happy with the OS stability and sound quality as some other members already shared.
After some researcha nd reading I found that someother peaple had similar experiance and hope that could assit me too.
At this stage I found that the original manifacture download link is not valide anymore.
My unit is CP-K017 KIA MOHAVE BORREGO from cusptech.

I hope that someone could share his early downloaded file with me.
android update software-20130906.rar

Kind regards

Hi, vewolves

Try to have a look here: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJlYZDD#path=%252FCUSP

Regards

MrNisse :D

vewolves

May 8, 2016
Dear MrNisse,
Thanks again for your kind responce.
Under above provided link I found ">CUSP>CSDVI-2.3.4>V1.3" and "c20130906_en.tar.gz"
It's a difficle under some chinees simbols, but will try again to source and download.
I hope is not different file.
Regards

keisyr11

Jun 20, 2016
hello I have problem. cusp don't answer to me:(I buy radio cusptech to volvo s60 arm11 2 years ago. I have problem now. I see in the video, nothing else. The radio, navigation, bluetooth, menu screen is just black. The rear camera can also be seen. I try upgrade but don’t help me. I think them i need new software. Please help.

atifwah

Jul 18, 2016
Mic issue in Cusptech Andriod Head Units

Any one tested the mic, I seep to get a very low pic up with lots of distortion from recording through the existing mic through a basic voice recorder app, and the same while using the BT phone app.

I asked the place I bought it from on ebay called elifestore and he sent me a video in Chinese on how to add an external mic port, which meant opening the unit up and soldering a jack on top of the existing mic connection on the M-board, which I'm not entirely confident I can do as one mistake and I've ruined $500. I've question him about a replacement unit but he seems to be evading the issue.

Has any one experience a mic issue and fixed it?

I'm using Cusptech HU in Prius 2010, you are right MIC quality is poor. Support doesn't respond on issues with OS or hardware. If you push they simply say send the unit back to china, we will check. Which isn't the right solution and costly as well.

rafiksq

Jun 27, 2008
Anybody knows where can I download new update for MCU 2013.11.25 and installed android ver. 4.0.3 . 2 years ago I installed from techcusp.com but I can't download anything from google play.

chdyankees2005

Jul 27, 2018
Hi,
I have CUSP headunit model no. Cv13-v293. It came with harness that had canbus decoder with it. My car doesn't have a canbus. I want to attach universal steering wheel control, where can i find key1 and key2 wire, as there no seperate harness that has these wires. If there is any cable available, kindly share the link.
view

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will install Android System Info and if i can find the files I put them here.
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

Btw. I am using 2.3.4 because android 4 is still in early beta. As I know the device is rooted, at least that's what Root-Checker tells me. Although sometimes, some apps are complaining about missing root rights, like Tasker. I don't know why.
    Well, if you can install a terminal app; like Terminal Emulator, then type "su" and the command prompt changes from "$" to "#" then you have root.

As for your other programs telling you that it cannot access root, that is usually with a problem with mismatched_uid symlinks in the app's /data/data/{package.name}/* directories. The symptom is often caused by an incomplete update where package manager saw a uid mismatch in the settings and file system. So, you may see symlink references like the following.
    Code:
    lib -> /mismatched_uid/settings_10037/fs_1000
    The above is showing that PM has found a user id mismatch from the settings "10037" with the apps user files "1000". However, since the /mismatched_uid/settings_10037/fs_1000 directory path doesn't actually exist the app isn't able to use its files. If you have busybox AND a terminal app installed. You can run the following command to see if this is the case with any of the currently installed apps.
    Code:
    $ [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]su[/COLOR][/B]
    # [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]find /data/data -type l -exec busybox ls -l {} \; | grep mismatch[/B][/COLOR]
    The above command uses find to search through all the apps symlinks and uses long listing to show you their links. Grep is used to filter out for the word "mismatch" to make the list smaller. If the command shows nothing at all then try removing the " | grep mismatch" to get the full output. The fix is pretty easy. Uninstall the program make sure its directory in /data/data/{package.name} is gone then reinstall.
    Wow thank you for the Input. Will try it tomorrow and keep you informed.
    Today my Tasker crashed after using Google Maps. Unfortunately Maps is not quit stable on the device. Seems that Android is trying to close Tasker and ban it from the status bar. Even with correct Configuration in Tasker. Must check this because I created a Profile which controls the Backlight of the unit based on Sunset/Sunrise and location. Anyway.

Attached is the file that I found in /sdcard/AndroidSystemInfo/ . Just black labled the IMEI and MAC.
    The latest firmware Android 4.4.2 c26062014
    ww
    w.drop
    box.c
    om/s/6oqr0sfkqygc3pi/c2606
    2014.tar.gz?n=55820586
    Hi

I have now installed the Android 4.4.2 version on my Cusptech DVDradio and I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help me with.

1. I use a USB-hub for Bluetooth, GSM-modem and memory stick for music, but when I use the USB-hub, then the radio can't "see" the USB-sticks (worked fine with Android 2.3.4) ?

This is an issue caused by the developper of the Android Unit.
    The hub is well recognized by Android and the kernel itself has hubsupport enabled. You can test it for example when connecting the Hub to the unit and then connect a standard USB mouse to the hub, it will work without any problem.
    The problem is that Android is not well configured to mount USB Flash drives that are connected to an external Hub because Vold bypasses mounting any flash drives that are not connected directly to the internal hub.
    You can check this in the file fstab.sntb(root directory). Only flash drives connected to /devices/platform/s5p-ehci/usb1/1-1/1-1.2 will be mounted correctly.
    I think that's why the chinese comment it as "withoud external hub support" in exact that file.
    Editing and saving directly the fstab file won't help here because it will be replaced by the original fstab file (saved in boot.img and can not be accessed easly) everytime you reboot the system.

May be darkleo2000 can do it, as he managed to decrypt the firmware...It will be great if he can share with us how he managed to do it, so that other people can benefit from this and improve the firmware. That would open a whole new world for our cusp units:D
    Or we must wait for the chinese...at least we see them working on it...
    Hey,
    the integrated mic is only usable with the BT Phone app, cause it sends the sound signal only to the Hardware BT-Module. Android itself unfortunately doesn't have direct access to that Mic! That's why if you start a simple recording software you won't hear anthing from the recorded file. The sound of the mic in combination with the BT-APP is okay though for calling and speaking on the phone, I would give it a mark 6/10. I personally disabled the BT hands free speaking feature not because the mic is bad, but rather the app itself is buggy.

There is a possibility to add a second mic just for android, but it is really tricky even for experienced technicians because the soundchip used has nearly microscopic dimensions which makes soldering a mic to it a nightmare.
    Adding an external mic to replace the exiting one is a simple and easy task though, because the internal microphone is isolated from the critical components in the under left corner of the Board that holds the CPU Board.

@MrNisse

I really recommend using a mobile wireless router (Mifi) that is independent from the android unit. Even with 2.3.4 there were some problems with reconnects using a 3G USB-Modem. Mifi's are becoming cheapo.

In my case I transformed my old android Phone, that I don't use anymore, to a really good wifi hotspot router for my car. In combination with Tasker automation, it starts the wifi when I turn on the car and disabels it after 30min after I turned the car off.
    The phone is only connected through a 12V USB adapter to the car. In my case a perfect solution even better than any Mifi Router or 3G USB Dongle. In addition to that I always have an emergency Phone in case I forgot my personal phone.

Actually, I downloaded Smart Voice Recorder' from play store just to test if the issue was limited to Bluetooth, and was able to record and verify that the quality is the same either way, leading me to believe it's the internal mic. Not sure if your unit is different but I can access the mic function from apps saved to the unit. I've attached that recording sample. The quality is the same as a message left from the BT phone app.

@MrNisse - I have the video, I'm not able to post link here here (I'm to new), and I'm sure it's to big to upload (200Mb) not sure how else to get it to you. CuspTech also said they were going to send me another video on how to replace the internal mic as well, Once I get that I will post it too.

Has anyone been able to get the update for Aug 25 2013, I can't seem to download it from cusptech.com?