BatteryStatus-Plugin, DeviceLock and Overclock for XDA Neo

Search This thread

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
Thanks you jayxz !

ZMDK said:
When I set the speed to 260Mhz, Omapclock itself says it's only 240Mhz.

look at
ikarus said:
...OmapClock.exe calculates with a Clock-Ref of 12MHz and BatteryStatus calculates with a Clock-Ref of 13MHz. This explains the difference.)...

The cpuspeed is calculated by Mult/Div and a reference frequence (according to ti-specs). BatteryStatus calculates with RefClk = 13 MHz, which fits the prophet. In fact, this also match what the operating system returns and this is the reason why BatteryStatus use 13MHz. The operating system (often) dont lie :)

greets
ikarus

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
yoda_143 said:
It'd be great if you'd implement the ability to change the CPU speed by rightclicking on the today plugin and choosing from a list.

Hello yoda,

beside the technical feasability to implement this for a today-plugin (i think a list like a combobox is not possible in a direct way), one should answer the question whether its really needed.

The higher cpuclock does not notable burns the battery, because most of the times the device sleeps in suspend mode. If you are using your device, you want it to react fast and quickly. Don't you?
The more important aspect for the remaining batteryload is the cpuload (0%-100%). The higher cpuclock gives you the chance to do things faster thus the cpuload can go down earlier and the device can suspend earlier.
To switch between two clockspeeds is easy and allows you to work fast and smooth (the mac way..).

Nevertheless, if there are more users want this feature, we can discuss about, but be aware that more feature and code can have more bugs. BatteryStatus is designed as a small compact plugin without unneccessary codepaths.

By the way, you can switch between the original cpuclock and overclock by tapping on the MHz-text.

greets
ikarus

Herunim

Nov 28, 2005
Hi Icarus,

First of all, thanks a lot for this small great today plugin. I've been waiting for it for a very long time :D

By the way, you can switch between the original cpuclock and overclock by tapping on the MHz-text.

Could you make BatteryStatus keep the original/overclock value at wake up instead of always resetting to the overclock value. This way it would be possible to switch between the standard value (used when on the road) and the overclock value with one click.

Also, since BatteryStatus display the mobile operator, maybe you could add a phone profile manager (standard, attending a meeting, quiet).

Kind regards,

Herunim

meschle

Feb 23, 2006
Coventry, England
Very nice plugin ikarus - I can confirm that it works on the wizard. Good programming - how do you utilize device wakeup with omapclock? - I do not see a notification added with this program.

I confirm that the true speed is 260Mhz - sktools reports the same figure under device info.

mwiberg

May 19, 2006
Would it be possible for you to make it start the Comm Manager when tapping the operator name?
This is the only reason I'm using the "Wireless" today plugin, since I've remapped the "Comm Manager button".

Thanks for a great today plugin!!

Edit: Or even better - make the user choose what app to launch (if any) when tapping the operator name. Everybody might not want to launch Comm Manager..

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
atteryStatus-Plugin, DeviceLock and Overclock for XDA N

Herunim said:
Could you make BatteryStatus keep the original/overclock value at wake up instead of always resetting to the overclock value. This way it would be possible to switch between the standard value (used when on the road) and the overclock value with one click.

Also, since BatteryStatus display the mobile operator, maybe you could add a phone profile manager (standard, attending a meeting, quiet).

You mean something like "remember the last clockspeed" instead of overclock on wakeup? I can make it as an option to overclock on wakeup.
I have to think about...
I'm afraid, a profile manager is better build as an own app, because it would increase the size too much. 30kB-40kB should not be exceeded.

meschle said:
Very nice plugin ikarus - I can confirm that it works on the wizard. Good programming - how do you utilize device wakeup with omapclock? - I do not see a notification added with this program.

I confirm that the true speed is 260Mhz - sktools reports the same figure under device info.

The wakeup is implemented as a notification by the powermanager. It creates a messagequeue with CreateMsgQueue() and ask the powermanager to notify the desired events with RequestPowerNotifications() and the queue. Afterwards one can wait for the events (wakeup, suspend, etc...) with WaitForSingleObject().
Let a thread execute this codepath (that is sleep most of the time) and you will get an efficient and reliable method. There is a sample either as a sdk-sample or within the msdn-library :)

tower5 said:
I'm not able to install it on my prophet ; every time I get " installation was not possible"
I'm afraid, i don't know. Can you describe some of your devices details? Do you have Omapclock.exe or armstroms DeviceLock.exe in your windows-folder? I didn't test this configuration yet.

mwiberg said:
Would it be possible for you to make it start the Comm Manager when tapping the operator name?
This is the only reason I'm using the "Wireless" today plugin, since I've remapped the "Comm Manager button"
I think it's possible. I can use this too :) Watch out for the next release...

greets,
ikarus

tower5

problems during installation

I have omapclock installed and running . then I have cardexport, spbBackup.

for the rest , I suppose that other programs should not be a problem

Every time I attempt to isntall , the result is that installation "was unsuccesful ".

Thanks for any help

PS : I have an imate JAMin

meschle

Feb 23, 2006
Coventry, England
Re: problems during installation

tower5 said:
I have omapclock installed and running . then I have cardexport, spbBackup.

for the rest , I suppose that other programs should not be a problem

Every time I attempt to isntall , the result is that installation "was unsuccesful ".

Thanks for any help

PS : I have an imate JAMin

This plugin installs omapclock.exe as well - so you could be running into a conflict. Uninstall any omapclock programs you have before attempting an install.

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
problems during installation

iboj007 said:
I am unable to install it as well on my Qtek 9100.

I have omapclock.exe and omapclockplus running as well.

Please advise.

I agree with meschle. The cab is advised to replace existing files and this can result in a conflict, if the apps cant be unloaded.

Attached are two files if you want to test this.

The first one is configured to use internal clocking instructions (without omapclock.exe), thus we can see whether a running omapclock.exe is the problem. But be aware, i am still testing the internal clocking instructions. They are stable up to now, but i wont let it out into the wild yet.

The second cab is configured not to touch existing files if the first cab does not work. Only for testing to look for root cause.

By the way, i am testing a slim and batteryfriendly way to show the O2 HomeZone in germany. The only problem with it, are the cell broadcast messages. Even though they dont appear as popups and are handled internal, each time a cell broadcast message comes in --> the device wakes up. Anyone knows how to disable wakeup on incoming cell broadcast messages or disconnect the ril-notify for cbm from tmail.exe?

greets,
ikarus

Herunim

Nov 28, 2005
You mean something like "remember the last clockspeed" instead of overclock on wakeup? I can make it as an option to overclock on wakeup.

I mean set on wakeup either the original/default value (one can also set an underclock value to save batteries) or the overclock value depending on which value was set by clicking on BatteryStatus.

Could you add the values 273Mhz (252 on Omapclock) and 286Mhz (264 on OmapClock) because they seem to work fine on my 9100 and my S200 (used for 2 months). If you'd rather not, please could you explain how to change the value directly in the registry.

Kind Regards,

Herunim

zoki

Apr 5, 2006
just installed on my wizard, works OK, overclocking too. the battery indicator doesn't indicate caharging, why? plugin is selectable but don't use that. you can make it to change clock on action button click, or even better, overclock by pressing right key and underclock (why not) by pressing left arrow key. pressing on the oposite key would change clock to default value. although this is a battery plugin I would like memory indicator too, instead of network operator. keep it on, excellent work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good luck with the exams, although after seeing your skills with this project, i'm sure you will pass with flying colours ;)
    thanks a lot :D
    I hope i will make it, but i'm always being nervous in exams...

Your program work very good with me,but it can't auto scale the speed and can't change about LCD. It's good if you can add more option like those in your program :)
    okay... there are a lot of interesting suggestions for further additions, so lets see what comes next.

btw. are there any htc hermes (xda trion) users using BatteryStatus (beside the one i have email-contact with) and having issues?
    Also getting probs trying to download from website. Anywhere else I can get this?!

Ta....
    Wisbar Desktop And Batterystatus

when i use WISBAR DESKTOP it actually shows BATTERYSTATUS with correct data on meters, but every time i try to configure it, - a message that batterystatus disabled appears.... is it actually overclocking my processor while in wisbar desktop mode??
    did you do that as mentioned directly after the title (first page):
    - Copy CallLogs.exe to the same directory as BSCallTimes.xml

if yes, then i guess your xml-file is corrupt. The last 3 users having a corrupt xml-file tried to keep a big flat file by renaming and merging the xml-files. You should do that only if you know when an xml-file is well-formed.

Does that help?

I deleted the xml-file and now with a new one I can see the call logs of this period ... another question: Is it possible to see the call logs of a previous period? How? I notice the xml-files are backuped with the date appended to its name. How can I read this files? Thanks.