[APP] HTC Calibrate VGA

Search This thread

lukas.pce

Dec 19, 2008
Hi, I edited original HTC Calibrate app to work with VGA resolution (diamond, raphael..)

It is for easy calibrate touch screen from android system (any build, device with these resolution)

This app edit the ts-calibration file in ROM, not on sd card. For preservation change after reboot its important delete ts-calibration file from sdcard, but most builds without ts-calibration file doesnt boot :/

screenshots:
shot_000001.png
shot_000003.png

HtcCalibrate_WVGA.apk (91.9 KB) is from touch pro 2 section, its for WVGA devices
HtcCalibrate_origo.apk (99.9 KB) is from G2 (probably)

Attachments

• HtcCalibrate_VGA.apk
    92.9 KB · Views: 11,070
  • HtcCalibrate_WVGA.apk
    91.9 KB · Views: 8,315
  • HtcCalibrate_origo.apk
    99.9 KB · Views: 6,578
Last edited:

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Nice work!

Why can't you just write to ts-calib in the app? Nothing will boot w/o a ts-calib. How could you even launch the calibration app then? lol.

Reactions: glegge

glegge

Jul 25, 2011
Wellington
Thank you for this, its just what i was hoping to find.
I'll try it tonight, i hope i can finally calibrate my diamond touch 2 screen.

cheers
Gavin

Hi, I edited original HTC Calibrate app to work with VGA resolution (diamond, raphael..)

It is for easy calibrate touch screen from android system (any build, device with these resolution)

This app edit the ts-calibration file in ROM, not on sd card. For preservation change after reboot its important delete ts-calibration file from sdcard, but most builds without ts-calibration file doesnt boot :/

screenshots:
shot_000001.png
shot_000003.png

HtcCalibrate_WVGA.apk (91.9 KB) is from touch pro 2 section, its for WVGA devices

glegge

Jul 25, 2011
Wellington
works like a charm, now to find the file it creates, and transfer it to the root of the sd card so it can pick it up at boot time (ie replace my calibrate file with the one created by this awesome program).

Thank you for this, its just what i was hoping to find.
I'll try it tonight, i hope i can finally calibrate my diamond touch 2 screen.

cheers
Gavin

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
works like a charm, now to find the file it creates, and transfer it to the root of the sd card so it can pick it up at boot time (ie replace my calibrate file with the one created by this awesome program).

Yes, it would be best if it just replaced the existing ts-calibration file...

lukas.pce

Dec 19, 2008
If I remember good, ts-caliration file from this app is in /data/ folder, but for view/copy it you need root acess file browser.

Unfortunately i am not already using raphael because i bought htc desire and I havent free sd card for testing on raphael..

Caldair

Dec 28, 2008
Did anyone ever find out where this app stores it's calibration data?

I found the file it creates in /sys/devices/virtual/input/input3/calibration_points
I copied it to the root of the root of the SD card and remamed it ts-calibration and it worked perfectly on next reboot.
I'm on a Rhodium running GBX0C with 3.3.6 kernel (using the WVGA version of course).

Reactions: arrrghhh

mejok

Jul 4, 2008
hi doest it work with htc desire hd? which file do i need to download?

thanks alot

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
hi doest it work with htc desire hd? which file do i need to download?

thanks alot

This is not even close to the proper section.

Also, the Desire HD has a capacitive screen - which means not only is calibration not necessary, but not even possible. Only resistive screens need calibration - and these screens are basically no longer being used (in phones at least).

isruco

Jul 31, 2009
Palm Springs
Where are the APKs?

screenshots:
shot_000001.png
shot_000003.png

:confused: I see the zip files and have downloaded them. However there is no APK inside, only a couple other folders inside along with other files of which none have APK extension. Is there another installation method I dont know about or understand? Please help :crying:

R^7Z

Odd, I don't see any .zip files, all I see are .apk files. Have you attempted to install the files as they are from your device or have you attempted to open the .apk files on your computer? You only need one of the .apk files. One is for VGA devices, one is for WVGA and the other is the original (not sure as to what resolution that is for.

Last edited:

isruco

Jul 31, 2009
Palm Springs
Odd, I don't see any .zip files, all I see are .apk files. Have you attempted to install the files as they are from your device or have you attempted to open the .apk files on your computer? You only need one of the .apk files. One is for VGA devices, one is for WVGA and the other is the original (not sure as to what resolution that is for.

You're absolutely right when you say you only see "APK" - But, when you go ahead and click on the link, it downloads a zip. See for youyrself on the original post where the link is active. That is how I know and why I explained about what is inside the files that were downloaded; there is no apk files anywhere in what actually downloads. Maybe the link is flawed and connecting to another file the thread starter has. Idk but thanks for reading :)

R^7Z

Unfortunately, I am experiencing something different than what you are. (see below)
This is what happens when I click on the link:
Htc_Calibrate_VGA.png

Here is what appears in my folder:
Htc_Calibrate_VGA1.png

I don't know if it is because I am running Google Chrome Portable or what. Are you using the links found at the bottom of THIS post?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

screenshots:
    shot_000001.png
    shot_000003.png

Nice work!

Why can't you just write to ts-calib in the app? Nothing will boot w/o a ts-calib. How could you even launch the calibration app then? lol.
    Did anyone ever find out where this app stores it's calibration data?

I found the file it creates in /sys/devices/virtual/input/input3/calibration_points
    I copied it to the root of the root of the SD card and remamed it ts-calibration and it worked perfectly on next reboot.
    I'm on a Rhodium running GBX0C with 3.3.6 kernel (using the WVGA version of course).